What's new

New kelp derived paclo

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^same here, used mendo avalanche directly as told and did not notice any denser nugs, or better stack.

what are some products on the market that have higher concentrations of triacontonal?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I have used Mendocino Avalanche at the rate of 1mL/Gal and also 2mL/Gal for 5 days straight 3 weeks before harvest and I cant say I have noticed any difference in hardening of finished product.

I've never had an issue with my product being too fluffy or 'PGR' rock hard dense when NOT using anything other than a normal powdered kool bloom type 0-52-30 product. When adding 2mL of mendo avalanche for 5 days straight I still didnt see an increase in density. Will try applying again but at 2 weeks before harvest.

^same here, used mendo avalanche directly as told and did not notice any denser nugs, or better stack.

what are some products on the market that have higher concentrations of triacontonal?

Try 3 successive applications--1st at 5 ml/gal, 2nd at 2.5 ml/gal and 3rd/final at 1.25 ml/gal. Wait until the buds are good sized and fully formed--if applied too early the buds do not swell/stack/dense/resin up as much.

I harvest on day 75 and my first Avalanche application is on day 50, with the last application prior to day 62. I like the results Avalanche provides me (buds with more resin that are "denser than dense")--it is my understanding Avalanche contains zero triacontanol (it is a "flower hardener"); whereas GrowMore's JumpStart definitely contains triacontanol (truly a "plant tonic").

BubbaBear

I gave Avalanche a try and noticed the hardening effect it supposed to have. It definitely made my flowers harder and firmer, it was most noticeable on airier sativa structured flowers made them fuller and denser feeling but if you let your flowers get dried out gave them a unpleasant crispy feel, it didnt seem to effect the flavor or smell or appearance. All in all its a unnecessary additive for my garden. I used it at 2.5 ml per gallon for three weeks, l dont like the smokey burnt wood smell it has (the Mendocino Avalanche not my flowers lol)

I want to try the Jump Start with a simple bloom booster, what would your recommended dosage be EclipseFour20?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
...I want to try the Jump Start with a simple bloom booster, what would your recommended dosage be EclipseFour20?

JumpStart is kinda funny, too much and you see whirl type new-growth (too much tria?)...but the right amount and you see vibrancy!

JumpStart rate for Foliar Spray: 1.25ml/gal

BTW, JumpStart, EZ-Wet SE (2.5ml/gal) and Urea (0.25 grams/gal) are the 3 base components of most all my foliar sprays. The tiny bit of Urea helps increase/speed up the uptake of certain nutrients by the plant tissue and the saponins in EZ-Wet SE provides both leaf wetting agent and a minor "pesticide" capability.

JumpStart rates for soil applications:
Seedlings/cuttings in cups: 1.25-2.5ml/gal with plain water every other watering.
Juveniles and adults: 5ml/gal every 7-10 days--when I add Molasses and BioCozyme (also 5ml/gal) it makes a great "enzyme-vitamin brew".

BioCozyme does wonders as a foliar spray too (5ml/gal)...it controls the stretch at flip and increases branching/bud sites as well. I discovered/stumbled on a real power house spray--if bit of GrowMore's Amber Humic and Liquid Seaweed Extract is also added. For the girls in veg, it is part of their foliar spray rotation, and exclusively used for the first few weeks in flower; once flower formations are defined then I switch to Canna Boost (10ml/gal) and spray weekly until 2 weeks prior to harvest.

Eclipse's PowerHouse Spray
1 gallon RO/filtered water
0.25 grams Urea
1.25 ml JumpStart
2.5 ml EZ-Wet SE
5 ml BioCozyme
5 ml Amber Humic
7.5 ml Liquid Seaweed Extract

I achieve 100% leaf/stem coverage with a fine mist and nominal waste by using a low velocity low pressure "paint sprayer".

BubbaBear

Great info thanks bro, as far as using bio cozyme to combat stretch and add more flower sites l hit up Grow More awhile back asking them what the best way to go about it was and there response was, one foliar feed at 15ml a gallon with nothing else at flip and another 10ml per gallon at day 7 then not to use it again which l thought was interesting, I bet if you have a really stretchy 70+ day strain like l used it on a third application at day 14 would be good, when l tried it my plants definitely had some late stretching going on, it definitely seemed to help at first though and add a lot more flower sites.