What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Growth Yellows in my Hydro Hut?

G

well after a few days with my poles from my new hut yet to be put up.....sitting in my old hut......nothing effected my plants unless it takes weeks

i heard it was quick

took out the poles today and threw my new hut skin inside my old one
i been using for over a year fine and dandy to see if the new one with all the newcar smell effects um~ will see ill im seeing is alot of shity growers with no real crops under there belt and no pics from past crops and 2 post

but who knows could be real......will see poles passed .......Now time to see if the new car smell funks wit my MOMS

Last edited:

Sundance

Mr SiNiSteR said:
well after afew days with my poles from my new hut yet to be put up...........nothing effecfted my plants unless it takes weeks

Any problem would show up quick

Sounds like your cured

Good luck and happy growing

G

Sundance said:
Any problem would show up quick

Sounds like your cured

Good luck and happy growing
will see here is my reaking with new hut smell skin~ thrown in my old one
ill leave it for about 3 days SEE what happens i want to know as i need a structure in a few weeks and failure is not a option~better safe then sorry :lurk:

So this phenomenon is supposed to come on ina day or 2 is that what the majority claim?

Last edited:

KillerQueen

I have new poles on the way now. Verified with a tracking number, even!

The guy who I corresponded with gave me two tips:

Clean the inside of the hut with alcohol. Bleach is for pathogens, it doesn't help with chemicals. Alcohol is a solvent and will help remove any chemical residue that might be clinging to the PVC. (I used bleach water after the alcohol just to be safe since the Huts had already been in use.)

Hot soapy water on the poles. Bleach doesn't hurt, but don't leave out the hot or the soapy.

I'm testing my original poles - they've been washed and dried. I also painted the poles with epoxy paint as suggested (thanks Sundance & Rellikbuzz). I then sealed the seams and buttons with kitchen/bath caulking that has anti-mold and anti-mildew protection built in. Hey, it can't hurt!

I got all that done last night; some test plants are going in the Hut today. Got my fingers crossed!

G

KillerQueen said:
I have new poles on the way now. Verified with a tracking number, even!

The guy who I corresponded with gave me two tips:

Clean the inside of the hut with alcohol. Bleach is for pathogens, it doesn't help with chemicals. Alcohol is a solvent and will help remove any chemical residue that might be clinging to the PVC. (I used bleach water after the alcohol just to be safe since the Huts had already been in use.)

Hot soapy water on the poles. Bleach doesn't hurt, but don't leave out the hot or the soapy.

I'm testing my original poles - they've been washed and dried. I also painted the poles with epoxy paint as suggested (thanks Sundance & Rellikbuzz). I then sealed the seams and buttons with kitchen/bath caulking that has anti-mold and anti-mildew protection built in. Hey, it can't hurt!

I got all that done last night; some test plants are going in the Hut today. Got my fingers crossed!
how quick tell you saw effects queen 1 -day 2
a week
what does it take to go from this

2 this
34128149-med.JPG

Last edited:

Sundance

Mr SiNiSteR said:
how quick tell you saw effects queen 1 -day 2
a week

Mr. SiNiSteR

If there is any problem it should show up quick ... starting first day you will notice something aint right ... and worse as the days pass

Clean poles, off gassing, cleaning the tent as described above by KillerQueen should insure that all is well

Test .. and

Please keep us up

Last edited:
G

Sundance said:
Mr. SiNiSteR

* Re: your pics - A miracle ? ... Cant go from buds to veg - lol

LOL you know what i mean LOL bahahahhaha dark green and then.....toasted locked out bunk toasted yellow foliage
plus all these guys complaining NOn gota nug wortha shit in any of there gallery's .

and it had put alot of stress on me, as i cant have everything die when i set up my other hut~ i need to know if this is bull or not~ So if this is a prank from another comp ~ or angry ex employee .IF this is fake I hope you all die slow

Sundance

Just having fun with ya

I knew exactly what ya meant

Go slow ... clean .. and test

Rest easy

Wishing you great success .. and

A very happy New Year 2008 !

Sundance

Last edited:
It's not fake. To suggest that again, this far into the thread, means you are an idiot or you didn't read the thread.

This has been discovered and identified by experienced growers. Instead of coming on here and casting aspersions on people's growing ability, maybe you should thank people for bringing this to light and just be glad you were untouched by it.

Mr SiNiSteR said:
LOL you know what i mean LOL bahahahhaha dark green and then.....toasted locked out bunk toasted yellow foliage
plus all these guys complaining NOn gota nug wortha shit in any of there gallery's .

and it had put alot of stress on me, as i cant have everything die when i set up my other hut~ i need to know if this is bull or not~ So if this is a prank from another comp ~ or angry ex employee .IF this is fake I hope you all die slow

G

The other thread on this subject was closed due to flamers....

Le's try to keep this one civil, so we can all work out a solution or two to fix these problems....

Be patient with each other, please. Dare I say accountable...? As if they were in the same room.

I did wipe down the original 2 troublemakers. It didn't help.

I did not wipe down the 4x4 replacement before using it.

I have not yet assembled the 4x8 replacement to test it yet.

MynameStitch said:
kiss, you ever tried wiping down the insides with water/bleach and airing it out very well?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
THanks KOD, then it has to be something in the vinyl gassing; this takes a while before it actually goes away; kinda like a new car smell, or a new shower curtain when you get it, takes like a month or more sometimes for that nasty smell to go away.

Sundance

KillerQueen said:

Kiss - follow these instructions for cleaning ... I agree about the plastic off gassing, and with Stitch's comment ... use a topside Cal Mag foliar feed .. and if your still having problems, continue to work with HH Customer Service

There are thousands of happy Hydro Hut users out there

Wishing you great success

Grinchy

I received the new poles. They had no effect on the tents toxicity issues. It is the vinyl for sure. However, anyone with an issue should email HH themselves. Their customer service for me has been impeccable. When they fix the issue I will purchase more huts. Until then, IF YOU HAVE A BAD HUT, THERE IS NO FIX, IT WILL KILL PLANTS. I tried washing poles and tent. No problems outside the tent.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I wonder if you let the tents air out for a while, if you have a private area and keep the tents open outside for a while and let the smell go away...... anyone try this? They can only off gas for some time, just like vinyal shower curtains, takes some time for the smell to go away, but it does go away.

I know this is total bullshit, you spend $$ on the huts and then you can't use the damn things, total BS!

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
so are we thinking the new 3x3 unit thats coming in is going to have problems too? im figuring they know its the vinal not the poles cause they readily shipped me a whole new hut.. so would it be good to wipe down the walls and polls of the one i have with alchohol? or is this problems something permenent? like it will never go away?