What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Growth Yellows in my Hydro Hut?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Well if it is made by you; then no; made by hydrohut most likely yes.......

Thanks bushes.... I think I will send the company an email myself soon about all this......

s0cK3y3

MyNameStitch, didnt know which thread you were following but I got a pretty substantial update from the President of the makers of HydroHut.

In a nutshell, they are no longer sending out replacement poles or units even if you were told you would recieve one previously by the makers of HH. They will be going out of business and will not be taking returns from their vendors.

If anyone here wants the President's name and cellular phone number and business number, I did some skip tracing to locate the guy (i should be a Private Investigator /patselfonback) send me a PM and I will give it to you.

On another note, the guy sounded really really frantic. He did tell me he would not send me a HH replacement, then said he was really mad people were posting about this on "certain websites."

Did ICMag forum users collectively pull a Current Affair Crackdown on this company? If so, I want to congratulate you all for being so communicative and resourceful. Good Work Guys!!!

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
well that sucks. i just sent them an email... ive been plagued with the same problem, and for the life of me i could not figure out what the hell it was. plants look horrible. im going to move them to the closet as soon as i get home tonight.. everything i put in that hut has gone to shit... now i know why thank you guys very very very very very much for sheding light on the subject.. i guess im going to have to try the bleach tactic.. im so mad right now.. i really hope the plants can recover now.. they just made so much work for me its not even funny. and set me back incredibly far. ... so angry i cant even type.. and i cant go home to save the babies for 2 more hours...... noo.... man this sucks.. im like frantic now...

s0cK3y3

k1llakr0n said:
is this the same for homebox's???????????????? my plants have been green for months are they all the sudden gonna die?

this is NOT the same as home boxes. Only HydroHut brand units. /cheer I am happy for you my friend....besides....you would know it if you had the bad unit...cause nothing would grow in it otherwise

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
sockeye; just 2 days ago people have been posting they were getting replacements; so I don't know if they lied to you just to get them off there back due to a lot of people emailing them with all the recent activity threads have been getting.

One thing is; that was really not a good idea to tell them people have been posting on certain sites about this issue; because now they know why they been getting a lot of inquiry and this may have messed it up for some other people who are in the same boat and have paid a lot of money for a product they can't use.

Another person emailed me yesterday about getting there replacement hydrohut too; s o I don't know dude....... some people already have said they got there replacements too.......

so I don't know why he told you that or if this just happened just now; I have no clue; but I still going to recommend people email the company about it.

Endo

Veteran
would it be better to trim off the not green stuff now? or should i leave it so they can recover? they have been out of the box a few days now.. and i dont see much signs of improving.

Sundance

s0cK3y3 said:
MyNameStitch, didnt know which thread you were following but I got a pretty substantial update from the President of the makers of HydroHut.

In a nutshell, they are no longer sending out replacement poles or units even if you were told you would recieve one previously by the makers of HH. They will be going out of business and will not be taking returns from their vendors.

If anyone here wants the President's name and cellular phone number and business number, I did some skip tracing to locate the guy (i should be a Private Investigator /patselfonback) send me a PM and I will give it to you.

On another note, the guy sounded really really frantic. He did tell me he would not send me a HH replacement, then said he was really mad people were posting about this on "certain websites."

Did ICMag forum users collectively pull a Current Affair Crackdown on this company? If so, I want to congratulate you all for being so communicative and resourceful. Good Work Guys!!!

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG ON EVERY ACCOUNT !

Hydro Hut is very much in business ... and strongly stands behind and supports their product

Last edited:

Sundance

Dankillerbs said:
wash yer poles and wait till the plant recovers before you take any leaves...some of the leaves will green up again.

Dan

Try a topside Cal Mag foliar feed ... that should help too

N

nitronugz

mother****ers. know i know why a whole run went yellow and died while the plants i pulled out and flowered are doing fine. theres gonna be hell to pay for this.

G

Just read through this whole thread......

I have a lot of experience with metal working.

I can see why there could be a problem with the poles contaminating an inclosed grow environment.

When metal is formed or bent or otherwise manufactured into products many different kinds of lubricants and/or coolants are used. Lubrication must be used to form tubing into its correct diameter. So, if the metal (in this case the poles) is not cleaned then a thin film is left on the product. It's my feeling that with the heat of the lights this residue began to evaporate into the grow environment and thus sicken the plants. That's why cleaning the poles helps. If the problem was the plating out gassing then cleaning would not help.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, see I thought so; didn't sound right sockeye that the company would send out everyone else poles and huts, but tell you something different?
I guess you guys got into an argument and he got pissed and said otherwise; but you should have told everyone the entire story about what he had said and why he said he was not going to send you a new hut, but rather you went on here and told everyone they were not sending replacements to ANYONE. That was wrong dude....... cause some peeps got upset and gave up most likely when they read that. So it was not right for you to come on here and post something like that without telling both sides of the story. I know there is 2 sides to every story, and from what it sounds like you only told your side, but not the whole side. Not saying your lying or anything; it's still wrong what the company is doing clearly I will agree with you on that; but I am just angry, cause you got on here telling everyone that when it was not true at all dude, that was not cool at all!!!!

Endo

Veteran
i got an email back from the company today, and they said they would have a new hut at my door tomorrow, they didnt have the 2x4 model that i have so they are sending me a 3x3 in place of that.. and he also said not to wash the poles with bleach.. hot soapy water would be better.

Peace Lilly's huh?! Ok!

The 2x4 is the one size that I do not have the newer style poles for.

Can I send you a new 3x3 compete instead, or will that configuration not work for you? Let me know today and we'll have something out the door to you tomorrow.

We can and will wash 2x4 poles for you. On the forum, people are doing it with bleach and I don't know why. They need to be washed in warm soapy water and then rinsed.

Let me know.

On Dec 29, 2007 12:50 PM, <> wrote:

sorry forgot to mention, its the 2x4 hut. i started growing some orchids and peace lilies and a few jalepeno pepper plants, and all of them that were previously healthy died in about a week or so.
thanks

m

-----Original Message-----
From: International Grower's Supply, Inc. <hydrohuts@gmail.com>
To: ****
Sent: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:52 pm
Subject: Re: hydrohuts

M

Which size Hut is it?

Are you poles chrome or white?

On Dec 29, 2007 8:25 AM, <*********> wrote:

hello, im contacting you in reguards to a product you make called the hydro hut. i purchased a brand new one off of ebay a month or 2 ago and everything that goes into this thing dies, sever yellowing of leaves and eventually death. i did some reasearch, and came to find out there was a problem with the poles used to make them. i was also informed i should contact you about getting new poles sent out.. i dont know how you would go about the replacement proceedure, i dont belive i have a reciept, id be more than happy to give you the ebay sellers name and what ever other info you need, but i would definilty like to get these poles replaced. please get back to me as soon as possible. thank you in advance.

G

Endo said:
... and he also said not to wash the poles with bleach.. hot soapy water would be better.
Exactly!!!!!!
Cuz that will dissolve the oil based lubricants used during manufacturing.
And I'd add.........flush with lots of hot water afterward.

supermanlives

Veteran
hydrocrap

hydrocrap

well i got the white coated poles and still lost a whole crop.plants taken out early and flowered are fine.same strains,ferts,soil ect.i would love to strangle someone at this point.DAVESNOTHERE

sirharrynuggz

Damn! I've had this thing up since about March and have been having many problems. I thought the yellowing was my fault, but I tried to correct everything I could think of with no success. My pH, temps, humidity, ventilation are all fine. So I tried high N, no luck, strong doses of CalMag, I tried Epsom salts, extra LK, mycorrhizae for the roots, etc. They still look like the plants pictured here. Also the roots never fill the pot by harvest time since I've been using this thing. Any body else seeing poor root growth as well as the yellowing? I will be sending them an email today, this thing was expensive as hell.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
supermanlives said:
well i got the white coated poles and still lost a whole crop.plants taken out early and flowered are fine.same strains,ferts,soil ect.i would love to strangle someone at this point.DAVESNOTHERE

Try wiping the insides with bleach and water, mix a mixture up in a spray bottle and wipe it down well and then take a fan and air it out real good, see if that will help with anything; we are not sure if the vintyl is off gassing or not, but if this does not work; then we can rule the vinayl has something to do with it.

Also try using fruit chemical sprays that remove pesticides from fruit.

G

I am also curious about whether the new white poles have helped the situation. I took all mine out of the old Hut and they have recovered. HH sent me a brand new 8x4 with new canvas as well, so I'm hoping it does the trick. Guess I'll test it back out with just one plant and hope for the best. "supermanlives," that sucks man, hope it doesn't happen to me. Maybe I'll wash these new white poles in soapy water as a precaution.

Unfortunately, my experience has been the same as supermanlives.

The replacement hut with the powder coated poles had the same toxic effect when introduced back into the growspace. The plant inside was hit hardest, but the plants in the same room breathing the exhaust started to decline as well.

I removed the hut from the equation and once again I got an "across the boards" recovery.

Latest posts

Latest posts