What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grower looking for ideas

dopemine

Any suggestions for a good smoke that gives you that creative buzz and doesn't knock you out? Something with good potency, decent yields and forgiving for a beginner like me. I live in an unfriendly area so its going to be grown in an indoors 2x4 tent with a carbon filter.

SolarLogos

Try Ace seeds. They have a fairly large selection and I've personally found their descriptions pretty accurate. I've run quite a bit of their gear and found most of it pretty easy to grow.

As far as a clear, up high and easy to grow, I would recommend purple satellite (Oaxaca x Nepalese) by Vermontman (sold through Ace). I know you're indoors, but mine finished quickly, September 13 at 38.5N. I've also grown them indoors with great results. It was a nice clear, up morning smoke with coffee, no ceiling and no comedown.

They have a lot of other stuff that will fix the head just right. If you post pics on the Ace forum here, @dubi gives great advise on growing them; he knows his stuff very well.

Best of luck and welcome to the forums
Peace,
SL

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Any suggestions for a good smoke that gives you that creative buzz and doesn't knock you out? Something with good potency, decent yields and forgiving for a beginner like me. I live in an unfriendly area so its going to be grown in an indoors 2x4 tent with a carbon filter.
Everyone here has given you sound advice. As a new grower check out the Mandala seeds home page. In their menu they have a very detailed grow tutorial. Mike and Jasmine are great people with great genetics.

Dubi at Ace Seeds is in an elevated plane all by himself. A great company with fantastic genetics. The vendor through Ace Seeds Green Mountain Seeds, the Purple Satellite or the Highland Nepalese Grape are spectacular. Any of the auto's from Ace for a first grow will be a very good choice.

From Mandala Seeds the Mandal1 or the Ganesh are two of my all time favorites and very forgiving. Again read their tutorial, it sucks wrecking a grow chasing hyped promise the moon fertilizers. I don't use them at all, you don't need them.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

Asentrouw

AK47 and Bubblegum spring to mind, both were very mellow strains in my experience. Can't do much wrong with these.

Mr. Lovebuzzed

one word: MAHAKALA

cbotany

If you want to breed/grow I'd recommend Zomia seeds selections, I'd reach out and tell them what effects you're looking for, for me landraces are the most forgiving, I'd also look into the thcv or syrian lines, or even cbg lines from Hoku seeds, thcv and cbg in high amounts are more stimulating, but they can also cause panic inducing effects for someone not used to it, remember everyone reacts differently to different strains, so it might take trial and error before finding the strain that suits you.