What's new

New Grow 20 fem chemdog beans 1200 watts

Mt Toaker

Looking good. This will be a good one to watch. Good luck, I'm pulling up a chair. Your setup is very similar to mine. I was just talking to some one who got 1000grams off their 1200w tent. I run my exhaust through a carbon scrubber, then over the lights, then straight out. I only use the passive ins and keep it all negative pressure. Could help with the heat.

Penguin59

I think a lot of people just don't like arjan or his marketing practices. He's the kind of guy that sells a bobblehead doll of himself and renames himself arjan greenhouse.

Yeh Arjan has taken the fame and let it go to his head. Like unspoken said above, anyone who is vain enough to make and market a bobble-head doll of oneself and self-proclaim himself as the
"King of Cannabis" is sure to be a complete dickhead.

Arjan worked with Shantibaba (Mr. Nice Seeds) back in the day and, when things went sour between them and they split up, Arjan took Shanti's versions of strains like the original White Widow, changed them to be his own version and marketed them as if nothing happened. That's why Shantibaba now sells his original White Widow creation under the re-named title "Black Widow" in order to differentiate between the two companies.

All that personal stuff aside though, I've never heard of anyone not being satisfied with the seeds they have bought from GHS. They obviously have some good stock for sale. But, having said that, I suppose anyone would be a good breeder/seed seller if they had a limitless amount of space, time and staff. GHS are so big now that they have that freedom to do whatever they want.

Epiphyte

Nice set up....even better name! Tagged
Phyte not pyite
Good luck with those genetics...I'm interested to see how they will turn out

couple updated pics for you guys :) they are very tall n lanky i think im down to 18 though one kinda toppled over and im supporting it hoping it will come back and the other is eithor very slow to grow or it just decided not to sprout any leaves out...

11j4vm9.jpg

21jtbg8.jpg

vp9gty.jpg

2mdewjc.jpg

Penguin59

You should take the dome off and get the light closer to them and get a fan on them :2cents:

Definitely get the light closer to them to stop them stretching too much but taking the dome off?

I dunno man, I would be giving them all the humidity they can take at this very young stage. Just my 2c.

Ill try and raise them up right underneath the light now and the dome stays on i was just taking it off to give you guys a better look at them

unspoken

Definitely get the light closer to them to stop them stretching too much but taking the dome off?

I dunno man, I would be giving them all the humidity they can take at this very young stage. Just my 2c.

I never use a dome on seedlings ever :dunno:

For clones occasionally if they wilt, but most of the time I just use a couple of clear plastic cups as usually out of 20 clones only a couple will wilt if any. I don't use a dome mostly because I don't think it's necessary or very beneficial, and presents a potential problem when you have to harden them off or too much humidity can promote rot/mold. That's purely my opinion, and obviously you guys see a benefit, or you wouldn't be using them. Anyway, looking good, and good luck. :biggrin:

Sorry man no journal. I do have some pics somewhere I will try to find.

FYI - I just started cloning in coco/perlite 70/30. No domes, no misting. Just water. Keep the coco wet and no wilt. 2 weeks later they are stacking nodes.

Bummed that I didn't put the lights closer in the beginning and the girls have the stretch they do but when I transplant i'm going to try and i'm going to try and bury them right up under the first set of round leaves what do you guys think? I know that this is going to have to force the roots lower into the pot and I guess the question I have is this going to mess with my root growth? For instance when then hit the bottom of the 3 gallon smart pots i'm going to use will they continue to grow up and around throughout the soil or will they kind of stop and get root bound sooner thus wasting a lot of soil?

Dont worry about burying deeper in the pots, IMO. I do it and haven't found any issues. But I am pretty newb, only a few runs under my belt and only sprouted 2 beans so far (local clones for the rest).

Nice setup man, this should look good! Are you going to screen em? Maybe I missed it, lots of turkey can do that to ya :p

DeoXy

Bummed that I didn't put the lights closer in the beginning and the girls have the stretch they do but when I transplant i'm going to try and i'm going to try and bury them right up under the first set of round leaves what do you guys think? I know that this is going to have to force the roots lower into the pot and I guess the question I have is this going to mess with my root growth? For instance when then hit the bottom of the 3 gallon smart pots i'm going to use will they continue to grow up and around throughout the soil or will they kind of stop and get root bound sooner thus wasting a lot of soil?

Hey buddy.. you can bury the stretched stem of the tall seedlings on your next transplant w/o problems.. it will actually help support them better.. the buried stem will grow fresh roots which is a +... as far as the smart pots your using getting rootbound - it should b non existent.. the point of smart pots or the equiv. fabric pot is that it air prunes the roots as they grow/weave into it which will help prevent root circling + another advantage is increased o2 around the roots which also promotes a more even drying of the medium between watering.

Good luck.. your off to a good start!:tiphat:

Thanks for the input guys ill definitely know next time to put the lights closer when veggin my newly sprouted beans but glad the problem was fixable. I took a few more pics tonight and this is what they are looking like at 26 days from soaking them,
2crmyc8.jpg

10s5e6p.jpg

2a51f6.jpg

34snep0.jpg

ive been doing a lot of reading around as to how i want to proceed but still not sure yet im thinking im going to sea of green and i want to top them just not sure when to top them... I know theres quite a bit of stretch and im only using 3 gallons smartpots and i know about the 1month of growth per gallon of soil ratio so i am wondering if i should top soon..

Penguin59

Top when the girls get to the 4th node I reckon mate. They'll be strong enough at that stage to recover quickly and will start to bush up early as a result.

Thanks penguin 4th node was what i was thinking as well just wanted to get some more opinions on it, also best bet to transplant then top or top then transplant to bigger pots? Or maybe at the same time?

Latest posts

Latest posts