What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW FORMULA Masterblend 0-12-24 Is This The Best Option in 2023???

Old Uncle Ben

Isn’t peat based considered soil? I’m pretty sure most soils sold in stores are peat based?
Actually "soil-less" but yes, it's your typical base as is pine bark fines. I make up my own. Green stuff is a slop of alfalfa (horse) nuggets I buy at a ranch feed store.

Soil Dec 25#2.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

Hydro can be anything, IMO, if the substrate contributes nothing to the nutrition of the plant. Peat is a filler. It has no nutritional value at all. It retains water and can alter pH value if needed.
Peat moss is very high in humic acids, fulvic and such. Also has provides a big pH drop being it's quite acidic.

UB.

Old Uncle Ben

Well I’m running coco and when I run soil I use jadam and or KNF so o guess I won’t be trying it if it don’t work in coco.

And uncle Ben why do you ignore when I keep bringing up jadam and KNF? Have you not heard of these methods of natural farming which are the lowest cost possible?

Cause I'm not interested. What do you farm?

mexweed

Veteran
Just a heads up apparently the Osmocote beads are formulated with a microplastic polymer

I consider hydro to be anything that routinely has water and fresh nutrients flowing through it, frequently enough that a slow release would get rinsed out before it can really do much, like dwc res getting flushed/swapped, a hempy getting the res ran out and refilled with each watering etc

Soilless could work with a slow release with enough moisture retention and addition of microbials since the medium is inert

Sasult

Kinda boring for me. But it works good
Ya that's how i'm feeling right now. 12 plants is legal now so the need to stay low key is gone, and now part of me wants to see how crazy 12 plants can get. The rest of me says shit aint broke leave it alone.
I started with jadam because it eliminated throwing out substrate, the worms got rid of the evidence, nothing delivered, and I like making it myself. I wonder how many components you need to just make the salts from scratch. If going cheap, it is best to do it yourself.

Gooseman23

Cause I'm not interested. What do you farm?
Hmmm… I find that odd. You are here bashing everybody for paying money for nutrients pushing your cheap osmocote and I mention the lowest cost possible farming method and you’re not interested… I’m starting to think you work for osmocote, do you?
And I don’t have a farm but I do have a garden. Last season grew squash, corn, beans, tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, pumpkin, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and all kinds of greens too. Mustard greens, cabbage, broccoli, and others. Also berries blueberry, strawberry, raspberry these plants still alive they come back every season. And yes did it all with jadam.

Gooseman23

Ya that's how i'm feeling right now. 12 plants is legal now so the need to stay low key is gone, and now part of me wants to see how crazy 12 plants can get. The rest of me says shit aint broke leave it alone.
I started with jadam because it eliminated throwing out substrate, the worms got rid of the evidence, nothing delivered, and I like making it myself. I wonder how many components you need to just make the salts from scratch. If going cheap, it is best to do it yourself.
Yea I’ve look into making my own salts before but I end up just going with master blend it’s cheap enough. I do believe when I researched it it only made sense to do if you’re making a lot because buying small amounts of each thing costs a lot where as when you the ingredients in bulk you come out better. It’s a channel on YouTube called science in hydroponics. He teaches you how to do it if you’re interested

Brother Nature

How dare you try to help people @Old Uncle Ben your years of horticultural experience and understandings of soil biology pale in comparison to what we can gather from chatGPT and internet experts. You should really pay attention to YouTube and the other experts everyone quotes like mr. bugbee they could teach you a thing or two… ;)

Gooseman23

How dare you try to help people @Old Uncle Ben your years of horticultural experience and understandings of soil biology pale in comparison to what we can gather from chatGPT and internet experts. You should really pay attention to YouTube and the other experts everyone quotes like mr. bugbee they could teach you a thing or two… ;)
I’m sure you didn’t dread my replies by your sarcastic replies. I take in all information. Especially when it’s given respectfully. I am not some newbie who has never grown a plant and just falling for everything. I have grown many plants for years and not just cannabis. Maybe not as long as uncle Ben, but I’ll tell you something I do know. You can always learn something. Some people (like you and uncle Ben) seem to get to a point where you think you know it all and close out all info whether good or bad. Perfect example is what you’re walking into right now. Osmocote is what he keeps saying to save people money because they are getting ripped off right? So apparently his goal was to grow good plants without spending money. I am talking about jadam natural farming which is probably the lowest cost way to run a farm in existences and yet he is “not interested” and you also overlooked those posts as well as you’re probably “not inferested" becausd you probably feel like you know it all… but in reality jadam is the oldesf puredt form of farming. and if the goal is to save money and not be ripped off fhen then nothing better than jadam. why buy som man made nutrientd they tel you thst you need when nature already has all the nutrients planfs need? go to a forest, havent you seen all the vigorous plant growth? look at true nature. and nobodu ever went there and sprinkled osmocote anywhere… this is what jadam is. NATURE… and if youre buying any nutrients you ade jisf as blind as yoi think these newbied are… but i digress. the issie isnt the messagw with you guys. the issue is fhe way the message is delivered. be respectful and you get respect back. come in clowning everybody then dont act surprised when you receive the same energy. the wise man knows he knows nothing at all… good day sir

Ca++

It's true, that many people find what works for them, and block out everything else as witchcraft, which must be stopped. This is especially true with older people. It's not just witchcraft where we see this though. It's just as strong in religion, or even politics. Subjects often banned from notice boards such as this, as people really would start getting their guns out. This is the polar opposite when we are young. When we want to sell our guns to buy cannabis. When we want to stop creating wars, and create more new words. Anything that can bring about change.

I wish more people could step back and see who they are. Though not as much as I wish to get back on topic.

I.N.J.T

Old Uncle Ben

Been gardening since the 60's starting in my parents back yard, veggies and such, greenhouse orchids too. I know what I like, what works best for me. I'm not into trends, kewl stuff or care if "it's cheap". Life is all about value....and growing the best root systems I can no matter what the plant material. That one plant unit, roots, became my primary botanical focus many years ago, and it's paid off.

@Gooseman23 if jadam and "natural farming" works for you, go for it. I'm not an ideologue. Seen it all, including every kind of "conventional soil additive" you can imagine. meh....

Here's some real world value regarding organics - ever planted acreage in legumes and cover crops to improve soil health and structure? How about 14 acres, 2 years in a row in heavy clay loam ground. Talking 600# of seed of one kind plus very expensive labor/equipment costs to prep the land and then sow.

Invoice.jpg

We innoculated and broadcasted Madrid Yellow Sweet Clover, a legume. Drilled Hairy Vetch (a legume) and Elbon rye. Each one of these cover crops had a particular function for me. I wanted a "biological plow", something with a deep branched root system that would give me some N, so I chose clover and the vetch which has a deep invasive root system. FWIW, have it popping up 18 years later in the most unpredictable places - greenhouse, sand pile. Here's a shot of elbon rye which grew to 6' and seeded. After Hairy vetch has seeded and hardened off (makes a woody thick viney mass) you can plant directly into it like a ready to go mulch - cantaloupes, maters, etc.

Rye-House.jpg MadridSweetClover#2.jpg

Volunteer sweet clover pulled from a greenhouse bed. ^

So see, my gardening interests are not confined to one thing. I just know what works best for me now.

Money? It's no object at my age as I spend about 4 hours a day playing the stock market. If money was an issue I wouldn't be playing with a $30,000 fully automated greenhouse I built in 2012. It's my Man Cave. ;) Am on my 3rd one. This bad boy would probably cost $45K USD to build today.

Any girlie man can grow pot, :ROFLMAO: or should be able to if they'd just learn what makes a plant tick and get off cannabis forums now and then.

The REAL fun is grafting and producing lots of delicious, wholesome fruit 6 months later on large mango, citrus, avocado, annona trees in central Texas.

Just because I'm not interested in something doesn't mean I consider the method good or bad. Having said that if it's commercially accepted, widely practiced, university endorsed.... then and only then does it have merit and gets my attention. Witness aquaponics, what a feel good flop, a joke. About as stupid as EV's.

CitrusFlowerBee.jpg Grafts.jpg FroggieFriend.jpg FarmFreshToYourTable.jpg CocktailCitrusTreeMay17.jpg C99_pinup_girl.jpg

Plan your grow, grow your plan,
Uncle Ben

Last edited:

Gooseman23

jadam is not a trend Jadam is simply working with nature. I’m not saying you have to do it. I’m just saying you say osmocote is so good because it’s cheaper and I’m merely stating a fact that you too are being ripped off. The leaves that fall off the trees, the manure from animals, the pplant matter itself, all these things already have all the nutrients you need to grow plants. You are buying these nutrients that can be found free in nature. So you too have fallen for the hype. So do not come down talk people because they buy a different product from you. This is my point. And for everybody reading this please note uncle Ben ignored the question on whether or not he works for osmocote. So I’ll take that silence as an answer. But again I’m not knocking the way you do things. That’s fine but as I said Jadam is not a trend rather it’s the way farming was done long before that last 150 years you know before all these products were made? How do you think people grew plants for thousands of years without osmocote? NATURE. And you’re calling it a trend… but it’s ok. Again simply put it’s cool to suggest your osmocote but don’t down talk other nutrients because your osmocote is cheaper and then when I mention something cheaper than your osmocote now “money doesn’t matter” well if money doesn’t matter then why does it matter if somebody decides to fork out loads of cash for a brand they like? Because in reality they are all the same ingredients just at different ratios including osmocote.

Old Uncle Ben

jadam is not a trend Jadam is simply working with nature. I’m not saying you have to do it. I’m just saying you say osmocote is so good because it’s cheaper and I’m merely stating a fact that you too are being ripped off. The leaves that fall off the trees, the manure from animals, the pplant matter itself, all these things already have all the nutrients you need to grow plants. You are buying these nutrients that can be found free in nature. So you too have fallen for the hype. So do not come down talk people because they buy a different product from you. This is my point. And for everybody reading this please note uncle Ben ignored the question on whether or not he works for osmocote. So I’ll take that silence as an answer. But again I’m not knocking the way you do things. That’s fine but as I said Jadam is not a trend rather it’s the way farming was done long before that last 150 years you know before all these products were made? How do you think people grew plants for thousands of years without osmocote? NATURE. And you’re calling it a trend… but it’s ok. Again simply put it’s cool to suggest your osmocote but don’t down talk other nutrients because your osmocote is cheaper and then when I mention something cheaper than your osmocote now “money doesn’t matter” well if money doesn’t matter then why does it matter if somebody decides to fork out loads of cash for a brand they like? Because in reality they are all the same ingredients just at different ratios including osmocote.

I'M being ripped off? That is rich. You're being ripped off by another off the wall, impractical wacka doodle ideology you might find in organic and cannabis websites.

The small amount of Osmocote that I use per pot most likely costs me about .10 USD, feeding my faves for their entire season. You can't buy an Atomic Fireball or pack of chewing gum for 10 cents these days so don't try to bullshit me.

I don't work for Osmocote, as I don't work for Dyna-Gro, Schultz, Peters or MicroKote LOL.

Tip - for my U.S. brothers this is where I buy a lot of my bulk stuff getting free shipping. Try shipping a 50# bag of anything FedX or UPS. Like everything inflation has kicked up prices about 40-110% in the last 3 years. I used to buy a big bag of this excellent mix for $27. Has more than doubled. https://www.amleo.com/berger-bm7-bark-mix-3-cu-ft/p/BM7-P

I use about a heaping TB per 2-5 gal. pot. You have a clue as to how many 1,000's of TBS. are in this 50# bag? Paid $87 shipped. Easy peasy.....

Osmocote.jpg

Sorry, but the last time I slaved, ground up oak tree leaves and fed them to my faves it didn't work out too well for me. Got to admit, it was much convenient than dipping into a bag of Os. :ROFLMAO:
And of course, let's donate to The Cause. https://en.jadam.kr/com/support.html Then we have the usual testimonies. Kicker is, with such organic purist methods you have to have an incredible amount of plant matter to work with, to have any benefit and you have no quality control over the elements in the ratios plants need to excel in production, and the end game is just that - production.

I use manures, make my own compost. What's your point? Get off your elistist organic high horse and go plant 14 acres of legumes. I've hauled 100's of yards of horse manure with my pickup and renting a 4.5 cu. yd. dump trailer. Flip the electric switch on the trailer, dump, done. Problem with a lot of livestock manures is they contain broad leaf herbicide residues which may remain viable for over a year.

Helping my friend out with a load of "double grind".

Mulch#2.jpg

This is (huge) 3 cu. yd. loader, takes 5 steps just get into the cab. Costs $10 a load.

Mulch.jpg

Haven't seen anything relevant from you @Gooseman23. As a noobie, put up or shut up.

dese kids.....

Uncle Ben

Last edited:

Gooseman23

I'M being ripped off? That is rich. You're being ripped off by another off the wall, impractical wacka doodle ideology you might find in organic and cannabis websites.

The small amount of Osmocote that I use per pot mostly likely costs me about .10 USD, feeding my faves for their entire season. You can't buy an Atomic Fireball or pack of chewing gum for 10 cents these days so don't try to bullshit me.

I don't work for Osmocote, as I don't work for Dyna-Gro, Schultz, Peters or MicroKote LOL.

Tip - for my U.S. brothers this is where I buy a lot of my bulk stuff getting free shipping. Try shipping a 50# bag of anything FedX or UPS. Like everything inflation has kicked up prices about 40-110% in the last 3 years. I used to buy a big buy of this excellent mix for $27. More than doubled. https://www.amleo.com/berger-bm7-bark-mix-3-cu-ft/p/BM7-P

I use about a heaping TB per 2-5 gal. pot. You have a clue as to how many 1,000's of TBS. are in this 50# bag? Paid $87 shipped. Easy peasy.....

View attachment 18936166

Sorry, but the last time I slaved, ground up oak tree leaves and fed them to my faves it didn't work out too well for me. Got to admit, it was much convenient than a handful of Os. :ROFLMAO:

I use manures, make my own compost. What's your point? Get off your elistist organic high horse and go plant 14 acres of legumes. I was working with organics while you were still messin' in your drawers. I've hauled 100's of yards of horse manure with truck and renting a 4.5 cu. yd. dump trailer. Flip the switch, dump, done. Problem with a lot of livestock manures is they contain broad leaf herbicide residues which may remain viable for over a year.

Helping my friend out with a load of "double grind".

View attachment 18936180

This is (huge) 3 cu. yd. loader, takes 5 steps just get into the cab. Costs $10 a load.

View attachment 18936181

Haven't seen anything relevant from you @Gooseman23. As a noobie, put up or shut up.

dese kids.....

Uncle Ben
lol what are you talkin about? I’ve been very clear about my experience. Which is my own home gardening. I wish I could plant acres like you I would love to. But unfortunately for me I don’t have access to that much land. But again you are downing something you don’t know anything about. Jadam is NOT a trend. It also is not targeted towards cannabis at all. It is targeted to farming food. Just some of us cannabis folks realized that cannabis is a plant so we tried it and it works. If you search it you will see it’s not talking about cannabis at all. It is low cost farming. And while you say you tried grounding up leaves if you had any knowledge of Jadam I’m sure you would have had better results. And as you just said you use manures. Hello that is Jadam. You’re not listening. Jadam is NOT a trend it’s simply using nature to farm. And you are partially using nature as well Jadam literally means “people who like nature” and it’s just a term they used to describe it. But in reality it is just that nature and pretty much any natural farming method can fall under it whether they call it that or not. So let’s get rid of the name. And let’s just say natural farming. If you use manure you use natural farming yet you are calling it a trend. So either you are admitting you fell for the trend or either you must admit Jadam natural farming is not a trend. Don’t contradict yourself.
Also kudos to you and everything you’ve done in farming . That’s great. But again I’m not making this up. If you looked up Jadam you will see people with larger farms than you have that use it. So don’t act like you’re god because you farmed some acres. You are not. As of course this is all going over your head old timer. You’re stuck in your ways. But just know this. You are a partial natural farmer by using manure. Manure comes from nature. So do not call natural farming a trend. Conventional farming only been around for 150 years if that. Yet agriculture and farming has been around for many thousands of years. So those thousands of years were a trend? And your osmocote that’s been around a few years is the end all be all??? Make some sense. Don’t dismiss thousands of years. Who cares if you farmed for 80 years? How does that compare to THOUSANDS of years? And again as you just admitted you have taken some of your knowledge from nature by using manure!

Old Uncle Ben

How ironical, you started a thread with every kind of wacked out chemical concoction "cause that's the way we like to stack it" (or something to that effect) and now you have your thread turn to pushing organics and Jadam while attacking Osmocote, one of the most popular commercialized standards of the nursery industry?

So you loved Jack's, eh, but now.....

Why I think the new masterblend 0-12-24 formula is the best choice. So I see many people that praise jacks… and I just want to shine a light on the new masterblend 0-12-24. Can only be ordered at custom hydro nutrients. Masterblend made it specifically for them. Anywho so while I love jacks there was always a problem for people who want to phase out the N. You can’t do it. Not in an ideal way IMO. And until now Athena pro solved that problem but as we all know they over charge for it. Essentially with jacks you can’t get rid of the 5 N no matter what and in order to bring N down you have to lower your calcium nitrate, Which is also taking away calcium and many don’t want to lower calcium. In fact many flush products use calcium chloride or some people even flush with calcium sulfate (aka gypsum) with this formula calcium is no issue at any point. And even in later flowering when you would like to lower N to let’s say 100 ppm well you still end up with about 125ppm calcium! which is still plenty. Numbers just for example. Also with this formula do you even need mkp boost? You can just essentially raise your masterblend and get it. In other words this formula is pretty much complete control. Now besides it being a little cheaper than jacks and enormously cheaper than Athena pro an advantage it has over Athena is that it includes the micros so you can still use any brand of calcium nitrate. With Athena they put their micros in their calcium nitrate so you have to buy their overpriced calcinit. this advantage also leads to giving you a good micros even without the extra N. I’d imagine if you wanted more micros in flowering you wouldn’t want those to also come with more N.
This formula was just released so there aren’t any runs with results as of yet but I’m telling you I know a winner when I see one. I’m curious to hear others opinions on it but for me it seems to be a sure thing. I think @BillFarthing should add this in his post for cheap nutrient line. I’ll for sure run it basically following what he teaches in that thread. Only I don’t believe there will be any need to increase calcium at transition as he suggests with this formula. So for example purposes I’ll share some numbers so on customhydro the recommended dosage is 5.5g/gal masterblend 4g/gal calcinit and that would give you these npk numbers:

152ppm N - 76ppm P - 289ppm K - 60ppm Mg - 199ppm Ca - 159ppm S

2.8ppm Fe - 0.142ppm Zn - 0.285ppm B - 0.142ppm Cu - 0.142ppm Mo - 0.7ppm Mn

Now for me it seems a bit high but I have watched green gene garden on YouTube who recommends running it 4g/gal masterblend and 3.25g/gal Calcinit .75g/gal magnesium sulfate
Those numbers look like this:
133ppm N - 55ppm P - 210ppm K - 61ppm Mg - 163ppm Ca - 142ppm S

2.113ppm Fe - 0.106ppm Zn - 0.211ppm B - 0.106ppm Cu - 0.106ppm Mo - 0.528ppm Mn

And as you can see we added in .75g/gal magnesium sulfate with this lower feed but at the recommended dosage on the website though you probably wouldn’t need the magnesium sulfate. If you’re running that high.
Now I notice bill recommends using hammerhead AN 0-9-18 for flower boost. But we already have that ratio here so instead of adding that or mkp we can just up the masterblend and lower the calcinit. For a flower boost formula for week 4-6. We could try to run it at 5g/gal masterblend. Instead of adding 1g/gal flower boost just add 1g/gal masterblend. And we can lower the calcinit to say 2.5 g/gal and note we will also lower magnesium sulfate to .5 g/gal and those numbers look like this:
102ppm N - 69ppm P - 263ppm K - 65ppm Mg - 125ppm Ca - 162ppm S

2.642ppm Fe - 0.132ppm Zn - 0.264ppm B - 0.132ppm Cu - 0.132ppm Mo - 0.66ppm Mn

We could even go the recommended 5.5g/gal and drop the .5g/gal magnesium sulfate and boost our micros back to the original formula with that same high PK of 76ppm P - 289ppm K - if you feel you should go that high…

And the thing about this formula is the ability to adjust however you see fit. A little more control than the others while also being very cheap."

1. You put all that confusing crap together and call it "cheap" (not that it's accurate or beneficial for maximum plant production in the first place)?

2. There in lies problem #2 which is based on misguided forum logic that will never die - you DO NOT need to adjust anything if you provide a balanced NPK with a complete macros package from start to finish. See the label back of stuff like Osmocote or Dyna-Gro.

3. Noob #3 myth - flushing.

New and mo' betta. You are just another sucker play for the cannabis specific vendors.

BTW, yes I do want N available during flowering, why? Because N supports/maintains leaves which is what's producing our precious bud.

UB

Last edited:

Gooseman23

How ironical, you started a thread with every kind of wacked out chemical concoction "cause that's the way we like to stack it" (or something to that effect) and now you have your thread turn to pushing organics and Jadam while attacking Osmocote, one of the most popular commercialized standards of the nursery industry?

Why I think the new masterblend 0-12-24 formula is the best choice. So I see many people that praise jacks… and I just want to shine a light on the new masterblend 0-12-24. Can only be ordered at custom hydro nutrients. Masterblend made it specifically for them. Anywho so while I love jacks there was always a problem for people who want to phase out the N. You can’t do it. Not in an ideal way IMO. And until now Athena pro solved that problem but as we all know they over charge for it. Essentially with jacks you can’t get rid of the 5 N no matter what and in order to bring N down you have to lower your calcium nitrate, Which is also taking away calcium and many don’t want to lower calcium. In fact many flush products use calcium chloride or some people even flush with calcium sulfate (aka gypsum) with this formula calcium is no issue at any point. And even in later flowering when you would like to lower N to let’s say 100 ppm well you still end up with about 125ppm calcium! which is still plenty. Numbers just for example. Also with this formula do you even need mkp boost? You can just essentially raise your masterblend and get it. In other words this formula is pretty much complete control. Now besides it being a little cheaper than jacks and enormously cheaper than Athena pro an advantage it has over Athena is that it includes the micros so you can still use any brand of calcium nitrate. With Athena they put their micros in their calcium nitrate so you have to buy their overpriced calcinit. this advantage also leads to giving you a good micros even without the extra N. I’d imagine if you wanted more micros in flowering you wouldn’t want those to also come with more N.
This formula was just released so there aren’t any runs with results as of yet but I’m telling you I know a winner when I see one. I’m curious to hear others opinions on it but for me it seems to be a sure thing. I think @BillFarthing should add this in his post for cheap nutrient line. I’ll for sure run it basically following what he teaches in that thread. Only I don’t believe there will be any need to increase calcium at transition as he suggests with this formula. So for example purposes I’ll share some numbers so on customhydro the recommended dosage is 5.5g/gal masterblend 4g/gal calcinit and that would give you these npk numbers:

Now for me it seems a bit high but I have watched green gene garden on YouTube who recommends running it 4g/gal masterblend and 3.25g/gal Calcinit .75g/gal magnesium sulfate

2.113ppm Fe - 0.106ppm Zn - 0.211ppm B - 0.106ppm Cu - 0.106ppm Mo - 0.528ppm Mn

And as you can see we added in .75g/gal magnesium sulfate with this lower feed but at the recommended dosage on the website though you probably wouldn’t need the magnesium sulfate. If you’re running that high.
Now I notice bill recommends using hammerhead AN 0-9-18 for flower boost. But we already have that ratio here so instead of adding that or mkp we can just up the masterblend and lower the calcinit. For a flower boost formula for week 4-6. We could try to run it at 5g/gal masterblend. Instead of adding 1g/gal flower boost just add 1g/gal masterblend. And we can lower the calcinit to say 2.5 g/gal and note we will also lower magnesium sulfate to .5 g/gal and those numbers look like this:

We could even go the recommended 5.5g/gal and drop the .5g/gal magnesium sulfate and boost our micros back to the original formula with that same high PK of 76ppm P - 289ppm K - if you feel you should go that high…

And the thing about this formula is the ability to adjust however you see fit. A little more control than the others while also being very cheap."

1. You put all that confusing crap together and call it "cheap" (not that it's accurate or beneficial for maximum plant production in the first place)?

2. There in lies problem #2 which is based on misguided forum logic that will never die - you DO NOT need to adjust anything if you provide a balanced NPK with a complete macros package from start to finish. See the label back of stuff like Osmocote or Dyna-Gro.

New and mo' betta. You are just another sucker play for the cannabis specific vendors.

BTW, yes I do want N available during flowering, why? Because N supports/maintains leaves which is what's producing our precious bud.

UB
If you read all of my replies you will see I do like jadam and masterblend. The only reason this thread started talking about jqdam though is because you came talking about masterblend is hype so you could push osmocote so figured I’d educate you on how dumb it sounds to say every body bought the hype yet you yourself have also bought the hype by using osmocote. Now to address your false post. Yes I love jadam. Yes I love masterblend and jacks. Yes I do both and sometimes I get bored with jadam because it becomes easy after you’ve made all your inputs so I’ll run hydro nutes like jacks and masterblend because I enjoy mixing nutes myself. However you on the other hand have definitely contradicted yourself by stating you don’t care about money but at the same time you’re telling everybody else they are wrong because they choose to spend more than what you pay for osmocote. You’ve also wrongly stated jadam is a trend as well. But anywho for such a big timer you got a lotta free time on your hands to go back and forth with me who doesn’t know anything according to you

Gooseman23

UB
Oh and again as I said some people like to adjust nutrients and feed their plants. That’s why some people run hydro. I’m pretty sure the guys that don’t want to deal with that just run living soil. I’m not here to knock osmocote as I don’t have experience with it. But yet you knock everything that you have no experience with. How can you say something isn’t good if you never tried it? You can’t. And here you are all over this forum full of people who know nothing. I do believe they say you are what you hang around. So why are you here? You know so much? Hmmm… if cannabis forum has nothing to offer you then why are you on it? Also I don’t claim to be a guru or anything of the sort. I am just giving my real world experience with trying things. I have good success with masterblend, jacks, I even ran canna, and general hydro before. Ive ran living soil, used Gaia green, dr earth, ran jadam, KNF… I try many things and guess what? They all produced buds. So now it is a matter of preference. For me when I wanna run hydro that is masterblend in coco/ peat mix. And if I wanna run organic it is jadam natural farming. Sometimes I run both at the same time in each tent. Yes you can use a 1 part, however I find it better to just run living soil, I can guarantee you better results than dyna grow. And while you think your plants are so great man I’ve seen your pictures. They definitely look like too much N and as a result you have extra leafy buds. I see it in all your pictures. Your way is not perfect but it works for you and that’s fine, but again stop bashing people for making their own decisions and learning by trial and error. That’s is the best way to learn and anybody that advises against it should not be trusted.

Gooseman23

Oh and to address #3 about flushing… well if nutrients are expensive then whether flushing improves final quality is unimportant. For me it’s more about does it degrade it? Because if it doesn’t degrade it at all then saving nutrients for the final week can make it worth it to do anyway. So doesn’t really matter if it’s a myth or not