What's new

New Feature! - IC Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syd

ICMag Donor
Super coolio .. now Connie Rice is going to have to use two hands to describe my e-peen.

small-penis.jpg

I had a thread deleted after posting that pic...followed by this one

picture.php

:laughing:

I think it was due to some Rambos who weren't able to appreciate a democratic irony and pushed my non-serious thread into extreme politic subjects. I'll never know.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Maybe next time you should spring it on a different set of rambos.

rambo_gift.jpg

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I had a thread deleted after posting that pic...followed by this one

That thread was classic!!!! One of the funniest I've seen. To bad it got binned. Now they have the political forum... could have been a sticky, Big UPS bro!

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
does the amount and quality...( I mean like 15 pack s that went for 50+ bucks a piece, as opposed to 200 MIS chunked seeds or something) of donated auction beans count for anything? Just wondering, I am content with making people happy to get good genes and my lil donor tag...lol.
Just wondering

good vibes

L

LolaGal

I was looking at the Experience tag in my home page, and I see a section called Votes, which says Votes: 5.

what does this mean? Please explain. Thankyouverymuch!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so how do the points work? ...some threads have more points? ..how is the french tickler social group first when it has not one post?? is there a key somewhere to see? ....how did esbe get all the awards now?? hehe kinda confusing to me, but what esle is new :D

L

LolaGal

so how do the points work? ...some threads have more points? ..how is the french tickler social group first when it has not one post?? is there a key somewhere to see? ....how did esbe get all the awards now?? hehe kinda confusing to me, but what esle is new :D

Well, I heard esbe shot Sleepy with a big fireworks and ran off with his award.... :biglaugh: j/k Has anybody seen Sleepy?

[These are good questions though Mrs. Babba, don't think you are the only one wondering. ] :joint:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found something but I want points for pointing it out! In your experience link there is an earn points link that clarifies some of this, not all, but some. DD

L

LolaGal

OK, I'll take a stab at these questions for ya Mrs. B, till Skip tells us the skinny for sure.

Social groups are given points for pictures in gallery. Maybe this is why a group could have no posts and yet have lots of pics?, and get high ranking.

The awards are tabulated daily at 2:10 PM ? (program default) and will be awarded on a daily basis. This allows for the changes in award status you see.

Points are given for lots of different things, including who is last in a discussion! It would take too long to go into all the different things.

There are 3 default program Awards, but more can be put in by Skip!

I don't know if Skip downloaded this application, but program allows for rewards, such as bigger avatars, etc. One application rewards those who delete the most old threads of theirs! Deleting = bigger avatars or other rewards! get it?

Of course the process of observation is already altering the statistics! AND this is the intended result! :D IT's fun.

More goodies please Skip! Hope I got some of that right and it's not all misinformation.......feel free to delete if ya want!

Skip

Veteran

Yes, look at the Earn Points page for more info. There are still some things that need readjusting, like the social group rankings.

Later this week I will review all the settings and the code behind it. I have to add the other site features that should add to your point totals - there are many.

I will tell you this, the main reason I installed this feature besides it being pretty cool and a big improvement over the old karma system is that we can use it to encourage everyone to post in new areas of the site.

So you can expect to see big points awarded for posting videos, reviews, strains, grow reports (in the strainguide), etc.

So turbo posting in forums will yield far less results than posting up useful content elsewhere on the site.

This system is very flexible so that we can fine tune the points and levels so that its fair and those who actually contribute the most to the site win the awards. It may take awhile before it's settled and everything looks right.

I'm happy you folks are taking to it, as another important goal of it is to increase the social interaction taking place - everything from repping people to social group posts adds points so that some ppl who perhaps aren't the best growers but are good social organizers can be rewarded for their efforts on the site. :)

Skip

Veteran
OK, the group page is now fixed. It's ordered by number of members followed by number of points the group has earned.

Skip

Veteran
OK, I've added videos to the experience, but you won't see any change until we do a recount. Later I will probably add video views and comments too so you get some points for those...

At the moment, videos are worth 10 points each.

Reviews have now been added too at 20 points each.

R

randude101

Thanks. I seen that experience tab and was waiting to see what was up with that.

L

LolaGal

Gee thanks for the recount...It's such fun to go from 100% activity to 0%.

Status
Not open for further replies.