What's new

new england growers:regional info part 2

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
All got your plans set for the coming season? I can always feel it coming after the new year rolls around, maybe its the increasing day length.

I've got holands hope, durban, early misty, and holy grail seed ready to rock.

fred norris

Deft said:
All got your plans set for the coming season? I can always feel it coming after the new year rolls around, maybe its the increasing day length.

I've got holands hope, durban, early misty, and holy grail seed ready to rock.

so many spots,so much work to do. the plans are set and have been re-set 100 times. i have a bunch of extra promix from my last grow. i need to figure out how to get it to my spots as stealthily as possible. any hints?i was thinking of a way to re brick it into a bale.i plan on buying a few coco bricks as well,so i can really stretch my soil.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
I'm out to check on a few potential spots the soil is pretty good around here so hopefully I won't have to do much prep.

I dunno about stealthily transporting soil that is a tough one maybe just tie some straps so you can wear the whole big black block like a back pack and disquise it as such

fred norris

i already had thought of a promix back pack, however, the soil i have now is just in barrels. i need to find a way to compress it again.

a-loc: when i grew in your neck of the woods, i barely did any soil prep. sometimes i had to add some perlite, and maybe a little peat moss, but thats it. i would add blood meal and bone meal to the plots i didnt tend to much. everything else i just mix ferts in my backyard and walked them to the plots.

one of my new spots is down your way. i want to do a few monsters, but im not looking forward to driving pre vegged plants an hour and a half down 95.

C

cellardweller

freddy..you could turn all that coco into a gilly suit and just wear it into the woods. just stick some leaves here and there and No One would ever see you..:muahaha:

fred norris

Cellar: i tried that last year, here is a pic that sowthebeans took.

and that is only one bale.

swampman.jpg

Last edited:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Ya it's good conditions around here for the most part except when you start going towards the shore. lol ya transporting plants is never fun I've had to do it acouple times moving and having to put stough outside. Should be alright on 95 as long as your not driving at night. Than the cops get antsy and like to pull people over.lol and I imagine driving back with the yield of a few mosters will be even funner

Lmao!! Excelent pic!

Last edited:

Stinkymutt

09 prep.

09 prep.

Delivered 25 bags of soil and am starting my outdoor moms very soon . I still have to go back an distribute the bags where they need to be , but thats what a snowmoblie is for . I am waiting for the damn supply place to get crap out of the way so I can get the rest of my pro mix . The dude running the wharehouse told me " we always forget just how much of this stuff we sell in the winter" ....Geez I wonder what type of people buy alot of pro mix in the winter? hehe
Oh YEA Great Picture there !!! lmao
peace
mutt

Last edited:

Stinkymutt

I just priced them at $20 , thats for the big white bales . Used to be black and that pissed me off when they changed .

Stinkymutt

I just priced them at $20 , thats for the big white bales . Used to be black and that pissed me off when they changed . Blue Seal had Fafnar brand , has a little less perlite than promix but the plastic is black . I believe they were $22 or 23 ?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I brought a 50gallon tub of leaf compost and will bring another of well decomposed veggie compost to my area. Got some coco bricks which I can easily sick in a back pack. Little coco little compost and a lot of native soil should do the trick!

I have started an indoor grow of holy grail and might find a keeper mom or make some seed. The rest is going to be all seed. I got durban, early misty, holands hope, and holy grail to be seeded on site.

bluebuds

hey all my fellow NE growers!!! anybody pulled out the starting lights? whats everyone going to start this spring? heres what ill have going:

-Citral kush
-e-rocket danish passion x purple prince
-misfit
-Yummy D's
-core's 008
-alot of deisel f2s
-and last but not least some geisha oh and some double strawberry deisel. i grew those last year and they were very tasty. -Bluebuds

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I've got 6 Mendecino Madness seedlings from THSeeds going and a pack of Mandala #1 I'm going to germ tomorrow. Bad germ rates this year so far. 0/17 on some Early Queen and 0/10 on a pack of Biddy Early.