What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Growers and Medical Users

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good! What's in your supersoil - did you mix it yourself or is it store-bought???

Homemade!!! It's a revised Subcool recipe. I let it set for at least 30 days. This is my first light to finish w super soil, I'm super happy with it. Super easy, Plain water only. The ladies love it.
My next batch of soil is already to rock. ahead of the game. :woohoo:

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I checked my notes, half the raptor is one week ahead. looks like we're around the 7th week. Here is my Thors Hammer, I'm happy w how she's doing her thing. excited for the next few weeks.

picture.php

-=-
picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave:

Heyyooo!

I hope everyone is doing well. Christmas eve tomorrow, I hope satan,,i mean santa gets you what you asked for. :headbange

I should be finishing plants for new years. That thors hammer is hurt for a squirtn. already smoked a test branch. that organic soil produces top notch smoke,, it was a lower branch too. looking forward to seeing how the other strains smoke after ditching bottle nutes.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

A couple months ago I promised to upload pix of this old and hard to find book; Growing Marijuana in New England and other cold climates by Peter Oakum. Copyright 1977 by Cobblesmith. Peter Oakum is a pen name. He's written many other books under his real name. If Boston area gardeners want to guess his identity, here's a hint; Peter is real, Oakum is not. Places to look; Arnold Arboretum, M.I.T..

The author was my biology teacher in HS and taught me most of what I know about plant breeding and propagation. He's funny and energetic in person, and has the scientist's bottomless enthusiasm for everything. This book predates R.C.Clarke's Marijuana Botany by about 4 years, and the hand drawings by P.Oakum also have that quality you expect from academics.

I took pix of the pages on my phone. I tried to crop and rotate, so I'm not sure why some came out sideways. It's about 40 pages, so I'll just make a link to the album;https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=79009

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a great time. I had a really relaxed new year.

thank you for sharing that!

I took thors hammer down. heres a few pics.
mammoth P did some sexy stuff this round, I had a few plants that didn't get mammoth as early as another set. the 2nd set yielded better. This pic is of the mammoth plants.

Thors Hammer grown in a revised subcool super soil recipe.. mammoth P, Plain water, and Teas only.
picture.php

picture.php

Muleskinner

Veteran
View Image
A couple months ago I promised to upload pix of this old and hard to find book; Growing Marijuana in New England and other cold climates by Peter Oakum. Copyright 1977 by Cobblesmith. Peter Oakum is a pen name. He's written many other books under his real name. If Boston area gardeners want to guess his identity, here's a hint; Peter is real, Oakum is not. Places to look; Arnold Arboretum, M.I.T..

wow, this is extremely cool, thank you! I live in the Boston area and lived near the Arboretum for almost 15 years, I've walked in there a million times.

It's amazing that he wrote this as an underground book back in the 70's, one has to wonder if there was any connection or contact with Lester Grinspoon.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thank you for posting this Mr. Greengenes.
I've been guerilla growing in New England (Mass) for 28 years.
I was actually thinking about writing a book about New England outdoor growing.
If one can grow successfully here, then one can grow successfully just about anywhere.
Its usually the caterpillars that cause the rot in the buds. Ive seen whole gardens get decimated while the farmer scratches their head not knowing why. Its amazing just how many crops were lost the last 2 years with Mass being legal to grow 6.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
what the best way to deal with the caterpillars? Bug netting??
Yes. You could use bug netting. Thats the best way. as long as it doesnt drape over your sticky buds.
What I do is, I spray Monterey BT at the end of stretch/transition.
Then again at week 3 flower. I then apply again if it rains heavy between week 3 and 4. Never spray after week 4.
Then open up your buds and check for caterpillars or "bud worms", as Ive heard them called, and pick them outa your flowers.

What happens is this: a moth comes and lays an egg on your bud.
When it hatches, its a tiny dot the size of half your smallest eyelash.
It begins to make its way into your flower, eating and pooping. As it grows, it will leave small black dots of poop as it moves around in your bud, making its way to the center stalk, were it will bore a hole into the stem and crawl inside, ruining the entire cola.
Its the wet poop that causes the rot. NOT the rain. The rain interacts with the poop, which causes the mold. But oil and water dont mix. Its NOT the rain that makes buds rot. The plants oils are a natural defence against the rain. The sugar leaves expell the water pretty good. Cut out any damaged areas on the flowers and all should be pretty good.
If you can get bug netting, that would stop the moths from laying its eggs. Also, they will string down from nearby trees and land on your plants. Ive found some huge, gnarly looking caterpillars on the plants at times. :tiphat:

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean a revised Vic High recipe, that Subfool copied and pasted as his own.

nice.. its just highly amended soil as far as concerned.
better terps and smoke over chem nutes.

hope everyones new year is going well. I had an opportunity pop up at work, hoping for the best.

Some of the newest crop up here in Maine- Sophie’s Breath, Space Diesel, Mendo Breath

Attachments

• 59208602-0960-4F91-8370-6BDE2C1F945B.jpg
    59208602-0960-4F91-8370-6BDE2C1F945B.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 808662A4-CB6A-4D9A-A544-6EA48BE51D12.jpg
    808662A4-CB6A-4D9A-A544-6EA48BE51D12.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 35238143-C8C2-41E0-AD51-9F988CFD3546.jpg
    35238143-C8C2-41E0-AD51-9F988CFD3546.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 9C4729E7-4DC6-48E1-952D-B5A0F6B57945.jpg
    9C4729E7-4DC6-48E1-952D-B5A0F6B57945.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 44

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
if I was given clones cut on 12/11, should I consider that week 1?
Hey bro I dunno if you still need the info, but I would probably veg them out a bit before flipping to flower lighting. Then you can start counting from when you flip to 12/12 lighting.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave:
i hope all is well.

I've been testing out mills, hoping it will actually pay the bills... i like it alot so far. not stopping the organic, just not standing still and trying other things out. looking for something that can get me a higher yield on certain strains. but the organic is more of the craft cannabis that I would tend to keep.

I got my hands on acouple new stains, Great White Shark, and Durban Poison. Looking forward to seeing how they grow out.

thors hammer
picture.php

vader og
picture.php

The new season is here. looking forward to the nice weather. i hope i can get an outdoor setup this year. I know people popping seeds now.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Any recommends for a good soil mix with local sources?

It's time to get going.

Pretty sure those caterpillars are Vine Bores. They trashed my first outdoor attempt.
Last year they killed about 20 stems on my plants. That was with daily checking and cutting a few out of the stems and taping it back together.
Each plant averaged about a dozen tops.

squash21.jpg

squash_vine_borer_ohio.jpg

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bruins playoff hockey!!
we didnt show up for the first game.. tonight is different. looks like get showed up and we're getting physical. Lets do this. :headbange

Zeez, Unfortunately, I dont have experience with that pest. i do mostly indoors. But i ammend my own soil based off of coco coir.
I had a friend at work tell me about a compost guy in RI whos been doing it for since the 80's. He said hes working on a 420 blend. I dont have his info, but Im sure you could find it w a few searches.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Bruins are looking great tonight!! There's going to be some ass kicking happening.

Your plants look awesome too. After a few years of indoor hydro, I moved outdoors. Doing a greenhouse in the next week or so. Got great genetics shaping up indoors. Hardware store gave me a pallet price on fox farm and happy frog soil so, going to roll with it

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope everyone is enjoying the 4:20 season. I celebrate all days beginning with a 2. so its not over for me.

I have friends prepping outdoors. i hope i find a spot this season.

got my hands on a durban ghost haze, and great white shark. looking forward to flowering these out.

the bruins, still in it!! :headbange

Latest posts

Latest posts