What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

R

!RA!

Ethos Collective Beans

Ethos Collective Beans

Anyone ever run anything from Ethos Collective? Got a hold of some Lemon OG Haze seeds at last year's HTCC and have been wanting to try them out. HT listed it as one of the top 5 in CO for highest THC in this June's issue, so I'm curious. Girl at their booth was going on about how it was "self topping", not sure I'm buying that.

rockymountainJ

Anyone ever run anything from Ethos Collective? Got a hold of some Lemon OG Haze seeds at last year's HTCC and have been wanting to try them out. HT listed it as one of the top 5 in CO for highest THC in this June's issue, so I'm curious. Girl at their booth was going on about how it was "self topping", not sure I'm buying that.

Damn did you ask if they where breeding for a self watering pheno!!! I'd be in then!!! Lol stuff looks good, was reading that in ht too... cheers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
self watering, self harvesting, self curing.... pretty sure that's called buying weed not growing it
:laughing:

MileHighGlass

Current round 26 days flower. No fad techniques.

The tall bitches in the back left are some casey jones that I am flowering for the first time. Obviously they stretched way more than I thought they would.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you doing in dove creek

There's not much as far as an agenda goes.
Being this is the first year of an, hopefully, annual event we were hoping to attract at least a few folks that were interested in expanding our community through sharing knowledge & genetics.
The event property is private, off grid and a two year work in progress. Facilities are minimal, as in restroom only as far as I can tell.
It will be held out doors & hopefully the weather cooperates.
I've got a few GG#4 & ECSDxC99 clones rooted & trying to get a few more ready by event time.

There's no VIP list... we all jus people helping people.

Would be cool like ice cream to have a few IC folks show up.

MileHighGlass

thanks, if not for you i wouldn't have noticed :D

hey milehighglass, what are some "fad techniques" in your opinion? if you don't mind...

aloe, coconut water, sst, barley, etc... Also there are plenty of soil mixes that are fads.

I have started to really work with beneficials more and have settled on nematodes, rove beetles, and hypoaspis miles for my notill pots. So far I really like the results. I am slowly moving away from foliars as well. I'm not there yet, but I can see it coming. Maybe spray in veg, but nothing in flower as I will have leaf dwelling beneficials that I won't want to upset.

I can already see the morph of my current techniques going toward the new techniques. I have also just made my first ferment since I became sick so long ago. I gotta say it's nice to finally get it going again. I'm going to get back into ferments much heavier. I have always had great results, and they tend to work hand in hand with a notill system.

I'm just over here going down the road I think I should be going down. Usually that means I'm doing things that no one else has done, or using combinations of things that most are not doing.

Moringa is a great example. Going to be switching from teas & top dressings of Moringa to ferments. My new ferment i'm working on is moringa, alfalfa, kelp, and willow bark. I will use it in late veg, and early flower to help kickstart everything. Most likely foliar it too. And I just said I'm going to be moving away from foliars.

I don't know if I can do it. :)

R

!RA!

aloe, coconut water, sst, barley, etc... Also there are plenty of soil mixes that are fads.

I have started to really work with beneficials more and have settled on nematodes, rove beetles, and hypoaspis miles for my notill pots. So far I really like the results. I am slowly moving away from foliars as well. I'm not there yet, but I can see it coming. Maybe spray in veg, but nothing in flower as I will have leaf dwelling beneficials that I won't want to upset.

I can already see the morph of my current techniques going toward the new techniques. I have also just made my first ferment since I became sick so long ago. I gotta say it's nice to finally get it going again. I'm going to get back into ferments much heavier. I have always had great results, and they tend to work hand in hand with a notill system.

I'm just over here going down the road I think I should be going down. Usually that means I'm doing things that no one else has done, or using combinations of things that most are not doing.

Moringa is a great example. Going to be switching from teas & top dressings of Moringa to ferments. My new ferment i'm working on is moringa, alfalfa, kelp, and willow bark. I will use it in late veg, and early flower to help kickstart everything. Most likely foliar it too. And I just said I'm going to be moving away from foliars.

I don't know if I can do it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztuEucrNBc

Jhhnn

Veteran
self watering, self harvesting, self curing.... pretty sure that's called buying weed not growing it
:laughing:

Blumats take care of the self watering part. They def enhance my casual grow style. Using Ace's soil mix, all the nutritional work goes up front into mixing it. I'll notice some gnats a few weeks into flower so I brew some ewc tea as a carrier for gnatrol, use that once a week for 3 weeks to beat them into submission.

I'm getting lazy enough in my old age that I may try planting fems directly in 5 gal pots w/ blumats, just let 'em fly...

Harvest today- only 2 plants, Rishi Kush & Jalisco Jaze. I decided that I really didn't need the production I've been getting so I only started 8 seeds instead of the usual 12, aiming for 4 to flower. As luck would have it, I only got 2 females. I could have forced 'em back into veg & let 'em get bigger but I need to start more now to have sexed seedlings for outdoor grower friends by June 1.

Both have good structure- totally self supporting w/ buds all the way down & will obviously be decent producers. The Rishi is very frosty w/ small gland heads while the Jaze is glossy dark green & doesn't have as much frost on the leaves w/ large gland heads.

Some of my shittier pics in my albums. The Rishi is my wife's fave so I've grown it 3 times.

I'm puffing the Eldorado from the last batch & have to say it's some of the best I've done so far, universally acclaimed by my testers as pure fire. Once cured, it's really smooth smoke w/ excellent spicy nose, sweet flavor & gorgeous chunky buds. I hadn't expected it to be so good from cheap seeds, but it is. Anybody willing to let it go the distance, 11-12 weeks, won't be disappointed.

The goat wreck haze is also quite good, but not *as* good. It's probably as potent in a different way but it doesn't smoke as smooth. The open buds dried to a non-descript green like old time mexican brick but it has a nice lemony nose & flavor.

I paid 3X as much for the seeds as the Eldorado. Go figure, huh?

R

Robrites

Only Colorado Problems

Only Colorado Problems

[YOUTUBEIF]19NJlgQA6cQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

interesting read. I'd like to see the another column on the arrest column. I'd like to see total $ in fines as well as total days incarceration stemming from arrests. I'd like to think legalization is helping curb our incarceration epidemic not just eliminating the previous tickets that accompany decriminalization laws.