What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

rockymountainJ

Oh there's plenty people growing the fire here now but it won't fetch that ungodly high price due to the relaxed laws and legalities .
There's better shit going around now for 2 bills or so than the shit that brought 4 bills years back.

1 bag 1/4 1 bud.. 100 used to buy it, just wondering mostly what strains I could pheno hunt through and find that!!! Like my stuff more than dispensery stuff... just not what I was smoking 10 yrs ago... maybe I'm old and forgetful

dbkick

1 bag 1/4 1 bud.. 100 used to buy it, just wondering mostly what strains I could pheno hunt through and find that!!! Like my stuff more than dispensery stuff... just not what I was smoking 10 yrs ago... maybe I'm old and forgetful
Maybe it's time for a t break!!!
wtf did I just say ??? nevermind that gibberish up above.
But frankly the potency of weed has gone nothing but up. Back in 2000 I have no idea what percentages of thc but I'm sure it's up now in at least a few strains claiming over 30 percent.
If someone has their way here in CO weed will be capped at 16 percent thc, not at my house.

rockymountainJ

Wtf?!?!??! Not talking the potency.... overall looks stickiness and enjoyment.... not the same... if you have that in ur house good for u... just asked a question anyone in their late 30s that have lived in no colorado the hole time would remember. Cheers man sorry I hit a nerve lol

S

SooperSmurph

I'll grow bog someday, I'm sure. I've honestly done well with seeds from a variety of vendors & producers- Nirvana, Serious, RD, Mandala & others.
While I haven't personally popped Mandala seeds, they've always been recommended to me by other long time growers, so there must be something right happening over there as well.

Nirvana... yaknow, while your odds of finding truly elite genetics are probably low, you will usually get healthy, viable seeds from Nirvana, i've never had a bad experience as far as low germination rates or excessive herms with the various Nirvana "knock offs" i've tried over the years, 48, Rhino, Northern Lights, etc, all popped and performed close to the descriptions of the original strains from the original breeders, so Nirvana is definitely another safe bet, especially given their extremely fair pricing.

RD is the only company I can personally say is no good whatsoever in my experiences, whether the seeds came from a vendor or from the hands of booth staff at events, i've never kept anything from a Rare Dankness pack.

The market pushed the real $400/oz product out of existence imo. Dispensaries need the fastest time between cutting and sale, period, none of their current methods revolve around the preservation of quality of the beginning of the product's cure (which begins the moment you cut the plant down), indepentent growers are forced to compete with that fast time scale, so their cures become shorter and shorter, making the final quality and therefore the sale price lower.

That and you really do have some money being spent very unwisely right now in the name of profits, people are more willing than ever to take hits on quality if it gets them that outdoor $1100-$1300 per lb price that commercial outdoor growers charge because they don't bother to properly process or care for the product, its called free money. Its green, it has crystals, the guy who buys it saved a couple hundred and hurt a small timer's bottom line, and what did he get? ... He and his customers got to smoke something inferior. Congrats to that guy.

Once the vendor laws in Cali change (have they yet?) independent growers won't be able to vend to stores anymore, which will mean no more $400 ozs grown by "celebrity" growers. Seems like a big money plot to force everyone without the legal ability to do large numbers outdoors to relocate themselves to the shadows or stop growing. Maybe i'm crazy... well, I am crazy, but I think I might be close to the truth on that subject.

Heusinomics

^ what he said is spot on! IMHO
The game is being rigged by big $ for sure.

I hav however seen some good RD gear...
Got great resin and killer OG flav outa the ghost of Lee Roy. It is vine like n pretty floppy tho.

Big ups respect and happy growing.

S

SooperSmurph

^ what he said is spot on! IMHO
The game is being rigged by big $ for sure.

I hav however seen some good RD gear...
Got great resin and killer OG flav outa the ghost of Lee Roy. It is vine like n pretty floppy tho.

Big ups respect and happy growing.
I've seen nice RD bud on the shelf of Kind Love occasionally, but i've never personally grown out or known someone who has grown out their gear with exceptional results like that. Maybe we just need to be getting those genetics in clone form from the RD guys so that they're elites from guys who have worked with the lines?

rockymountainJ

Thanks Smurph! Now thats the answer I was looking for! Thanks... what I figured..... the good genetics got left behind for so...so genetics so someone can make a killing. Shame cheers thanks for the tips on seed companys!!

R

Robrites

The Nation's First Marijuana-Funded Scholarship Is Available in Colorado

The Nation's First Marijuana-Funded Scholarship Is Available in Colorado

Colorado has seen significant impacts to its economy since decriminalizing marijuana, which allows citizens to purchase the drug like they would an alcoholic beverage. Now, for the first time ever, the taxes from marijuana sales will be used as scholarships for graduating high school students in Pueblo County.

"College debt has surpassed even credit card debt in America," Pueblo County Commissioner Sal Pace said in a statement. "Middle-class families find it hard to send their kids to college, a basic cornerstone of the American Dream. We're aiming to help alleviate that problem."

Twenty-five scholarships will be given out, and Pueblo County students will be given the opportunity to earn one of the $1,000 scholarships. Among other requirements, the graduating seniors must demonstrate financial need and have a 3.0 GPA or greater to be eligible to apply, and recipients have to clock 40 hours of community service.

Read more http://mic.com/articles/140738/the-nation-s-first-marijuana-funded-scholarship-is-available-in-colorado

MileHighGlass

These inflated(sometimes artificial thc numbers) do not equate to a better product.

They conveniently leave out the terpene profile which has a major effect on how a strain treats you. That's why some 16% thc plants will knock your dick in the dirt, and a 28% plant is just ok.

Terpenes are the key. Always have been. That's why I've always grown for flavor, and smell. I.E. terpenes. :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fwiw i've found plenty of keeper type pheno's in Rare Dankness packs.... lots of fire in there and the OX line is seriously something special. even when i recieved all grey/light green seeds in a (free tester) pack the germination rates were good for RD. Flo OG had some amazing pheno's easy to find (all it takes is popping some seeds) and iirc Irock won the adam dunn invitational with RD flo og. also the fact that "moonshine" got his start on the forums... has made me a fan.
i generally steer away from TGA gear (despite the favorables) for the "hermie" factor, which i've experienced first hand on large and small scales of TGA seedstock.

for me it's 2 sides of the same coin; clones & seeds. great to grow an elite to see what other people consider "keepers" from seedstock.... super magical to open up to all possibilities and pop seeds with an open mind and no expectations

Last edited:

Riddleme

Thanks Smurph! Now thats the answer I was looking for! Thanks... what I figured..... the good genetics got left behind for so...so genetics so someone can make a killing. Shame cheers thanks for the tips on seed companys!!

Good, hell even great genetics are still out there if ya know folks. IMO it is simply doubtful you will find em in the biz world.

There is a cut of Durban Poison that has been around CO since the 90's I got a cut of it and used it to make my Durban Thunder strain

I have not ordered from a seed bank in over 5 years, tis all about who ya know and sharing :biggrin:

R

!RA!

Hey all, been on a little hiatus with some medical issues, but thought I'd chime in on this. Had good luck with my RD gear. I've narrowed mine down to one keeper each from Ghost Train Haze #1 and Star Killer. Here's a few shots of round 3 with these girls. GTH is at 4 weeks and SK at 3. Never had any Caitlin Jenner phenos with any of their beans.

GTH Week 4

picture.php

SK Week 3

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I enjoyed my LeeRoyTK from RD well enough. The finished nugs were good with a decent yield. I wasn't able to trim them up well enough so I got some larf. I'm running one pheno once more and then fazing it out. I did manage to make a couple of beans with GG4 so we'll see what those do. It's a pet peeve of mine though for the lanky, viney OG types and that was definitely the case with the LRTK.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've no experience w RD but I've got a couple packs of Chem Trail (Chem 4/Afghani) in the fridge. Anybody with experience w those can chime in w their thoughts.

For old school type gear you might look into ACE or a couple of the breeders that have been around for a while. I've no experience w ACE myself but they deal in straight sativas that may light your fire.

9 days out if anybody is considering coming. If ya have any questions, ask.
https://m.facebook.com/events/1170333849646598
I'll have a few clones & seeds to give away.
GG#4 & ECSD x C99 clones

rockymountainJ

Thanks everyone who put their 2 cents worth into the subject I brought up... digging through my sock drawer found some seeds that must be from 2000... sock drawer project coming up lol... if I saved them must have been kill!! Cheers everyone!

Jhhnn

Veteran
I enjoyed my LeeRoyTK from RD well enough. The finished nugs were good with a decent yield. I wasn't able to trim them up well enough so I got some larf. I'm running one pheno once more and then fazing it out. I did manage to make a couple of beans with GG4 so we'll see what those do. It's a pet peeve of mine though for the lanky, viney OG types and that was definitely the case with the LRTK.

I hear you about plant structure. the lanky viney stuff is a bit of a pita, at least for my lazy grow style. They take more fussing than I want to do.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've no experience w RD but I've got a couple packs of Chem Trail (Chem 4/Afghani) in the fridge. Anybody with experience w those can chime in w their thoughts.

For old school type gear you might look into ACE or a couple of the breeders that have been around for a while. I've no experience w ACE myself but they deal in straight sativas that may light your fire.

9 days out if anybody is considering coming. If ya have any questions, ask.
https://m.facebook.com/events/1170333849646598
I'll have a few clones & seeds to give away.
GG#4 & ECSD x C99 clones

That would be awesome but over 7 hours one way for me ;_;

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^lol

Living next to the nations cross, that's how I feel all the damn time.
It takes a bit of effort to plan a trip to any of the cities, for me.
The only convenience I really get out here is solitude.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back in the day, way back, moonshineman made great seed, we traded plants and seed. He held some really nice cuts. He gifted many many seed packs to all.

last time I spoke with him was when he had his outlet in Longmont, went over and visited and dropped some DC plants. Toked some bubba and picked up some plants. Did see him at the first HT cup, decked out in his Dank Commander get up, kinda cracked me up, but you have to promote yourself n the biz, was happy to see him doing well, tough biz with lots of competition. Did t get a chance to yak it up with him at the time.

Those were good times. Since, he's gone commercial and prolly busy as all get out. He's prolly not as hands on as he was back then, others doing a lot of the work. Which has to happen, one guy can't do it all. Quality and all suffers.

Miss meeting up with him, times change

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those vibes out by dove creek look pretty interesting... i love the radical self reliance shit.
might could make it out there, kinda short notice for me....

Latest posts

Latest posts