What's new

New Cloning Method. Only takes 3 to 5 day.

zero.kewl

before.... a few hours later the tape came off so I used string.

almostd.jpg

a few days later

rooooot.jpg

zero.kewl

So from this nirvana jock horror cutting. (i cant say for sure about others till i do more tests) She never wilted.. she really never stoped growing also at point it was slow... shes grafted herself to the new root nices and as u can see its gotten bigger. and is also growing her own roots.. id say shes ready to start growing for me... She will probly be a root mother...

przemix

well its been a couple of days and here is the update. the root isnt growing yet but it is developing new hairs i think. im not sure cos the picture ive taken when i was grafting wasnt good enouhg. also i didnt spray the cutting at all. as you can see it didnt wilt. the stem is higher than the water level so its the root thats feeding her. its 4 days old. i think im gonna put it in rockwool tomorrow and see what happens.
picture.php

picture.php

zero.kewl

be ultra careful i put one of mine in soil and snapped the root off lol... really ultra careful if u can do it wiith out messing with the root or stem id recommend it mabe cutting the rockwool in half and placing it between them???? do let me know and not to tightly compacted she needs to lots of air. so the root was intaking water and feeding her by itself? for how long now?

ps it looks like ur root is abit brown is the light able to hit it??? if so id fix that cause she wont grow much in the light.

zero.kewl

is that little root nubs i see on the left hand side of the stem starting to come in at the bottom? really tiny little white nubs almost need a scope.

przemix

be ultra careful i put one of mine in soil and snapped the root off lol... really ultra careful if u can do it wiith out messing with the root or stem id recommend it mabe cutting the rockwool in half and placing it between them???? do let me know and not to tightly compacted she needs to lots of air. so the root was intaking water and feeding her by itself? for how long now?

ps it looks like ur root is abit brown is the light able to hit it??? if so id fix that cause she wont grow much in the light.

it is sitting in a dark green bottle for 4 days now. i have pulled the stem out of the water sunday night (so only the root is floating).
i thought about the same thing with cutting the rockwool in half or just tearing it apart and putting around the root.
about the color of the root its the same color as when i took it from the mother plant. i have a cheap camera;) but ill cover it better so no light is hitting it

slowandeasy

Veteran
Hey Zero,
Do you think maybe trying this in a mini bubbler set up could work even better? Put a stone at the bottom, and dial down the airflow so it produces oxygen...but not hard enough to hurt the grafted part. Could speed up the process. Might be worth a shot. Or maybe fog, that would give it alot of air and humidity. Just a thought.

Cant really see that picture too well. Looks like the root itself has gotten longer. Did the top grow also? Hope it works out for everybody. Good luck

zero.kewl

Hey Zero,
Do you think maybe trying this in a mini bubbler set up could work even better? Put a stone at the bottom, and dial down the airflow so it produces oxygen...but not hard enough to hurt the grafted part. Could speed up the process. Might be worth a shot. Or maybe fog, that would give it alot of air and humidity. Just a thought.

Cant really see that picture too well. Looks like the root itself has gotten longer. Did the top grow also? Hope it works out for everybody. Good luck
Yes it would. I have one thats been in one for 4 days and its already growing new roots as well on the branch. so even if the nah sayers are right... lol i got a clone to root in 4 days bitch lololol. but no really it works.

DIYer

i took one of the 2 clones from my first test out. the bigger of the clones i plucked off the root i added and stuck it in a bottel with the same water level and it died. the one of the right side was plucked. so proving the root is what was keeping her alive.

or the stress of that act was the final straw and killed it.

Neat idea, especially if you can combine a prime root system and prime upper half,.. kinda like combining a hot ass and boob model, lol,.. not that the top would probably exist without the bottom already though, unlike with women, lol. but ummm ya, it'd be good for that if that is in fact what took place. If not i think more tried and true methods would be easier and just as fast.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I will be posting my update pics today hopefully transplant on Sunday... what you thing zero-kewl ?

and should cut the rope off.. ? sorry i know its a stupid question but first time trying this

shroomyshroom

Veteran
Merry Christmas Zero.Kewl :)

i transplanted today with one of the clones being that it had been 6 days i thought why not give it a try i was looking very healthy so why not aye ;)

Attachments

• clone.JPG
    clone.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 15
  • clone 2.JPG
    clone 2.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 17

shroomyshroom

Veteran
zero.kewl here are my clones to days later... I have transplanted the last 2 today that were in the clear plastic bottle and put them in the same pot as the mum for no other reason as i have no space and this is just a bit of fun...

the clone that i had in brown beer bottle is looking OK for the 3 day being a coco medium

so with out further ado I give you the pics

Last pic is the mother plant my mystery - x :)

Attachments

• clone 1.JPG
    clone 1.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 14
  • clone 2.JPG
    clone 2.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 14
  • clone 3.JPG
    clone 3.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 14
  • myster-x.JPG
    myster-x.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 13

shroomyshroom

Veteran
also i have a question i was using river water and my stems got cover in a slime... is this normal... should i use clean bottles water... and can i just change the water every 3 days if i use river water ?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
also i have a question i was using river water and my stems got cover in a slime... is this normal... should i use clean bottles water... and can i just change the water every 3 days if i use river water ?

Slime, rot and algae stem from organics in the water. River water is positively alive with micro organisms. If you want to use river water, distill it first. Distilled water is dead water. Or, just use your tap.