What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New CFL Cab build, Possible for scrog

VI-guy

Light upgrade

Light upgrade

So I upgraded some bulbs today from 23watters to 42's
as the 42s were finally on sale...6$ as opposed to 18..
sadly they only had 3 2700k ones left so I had to get a couple 6500s too but 2800 lumens of 6500k is better then 1600 lumens of 27 I would think.. anyway the old bulbs sure look tiny thought this was a good pic.

picture.php

gomer

The plants will like more light. You might want to keep an eye on the temperature during the first day with the new bulbs. I was surprised how much warmer larger CFLs were in one of my projects.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not bad, little do most people know when they throw shit out like that, it can easily be turned into a grow... my old stealth grow was a hollowed out bigscreen projection tv. it worked nice too.

VI-guy

wow thanks for the responses guys, I wasn't sure anyone had been watching the grow, my temps are around 75-80 in the cab humidity is around 40-45, is that an ok range for flowering?

Just an update the smaller of the two plants isnt looking very good, Im not sure it it was the transplant or just that it was never a very strong looking plant.

I will post a pic here later and see if you guys can offer any input, The other is doing amazing, bud sites are starting to really develop and it looks quite healthy.

Stopped foliar feeding and am going to see if I can get the humidity down a little more for budding.

Started training the healthy plant a little more horizontally to get more light on all sites.

Pics coming soon

wow thanks for the responses guys, I wasn't sure anyone had been watching the grow, my temps are around 75-80 in the cab humidity is around 40-45, is that an ok range for flowering?

Just an update the smaller of the two plants isnt looking very good, Im not sure it it was the transplant or just that it was never a very strong looking plant.

I will post a pic here later and see if you guys can offer any input, The other is doing amazing, bud sites are starting to really develop and it looks quite healthy.

Stopped foliar feeding and am going to see if I can get the humidity down a little more for budding.

Started training the healthy plant a little more horizontally to get more light on all sites.

Pics coming soon
man if you're having problems with one plant you really shouldn't plant them together unless you have a divider between them, otherwise they're sharing the soil while one is happy and one is not. when you fix the other plant, you will have changed the other side also and perhaps made it angry also. either use separate containers or make a good divider to go between em. also, the roots tangle and that's frustrating if you try to transplant. one plant can also get way larger than the other one to the point of choking the other one out i think...

VI-guy

yeah the weaker one didnt look to bad till after the transplant, going to give the soil a few days of drying out and hope it comes around, if not and I lose it, its all part of the experience.

VI-guy

Update

Update

Some quick update pics, the training seems to be going well, bud sites are getting way more light now that I've started tying horizontally.

Still not sure what is wrong with the second plant. any thoughts?

Humidity is good temps are stready 70-78

haven't been over watering or feeding.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking good, I'll be lurking around to see how everything goes for you.
Peace.

VI-guy

So I transplanted the healthy plant into a well drained 2 gal pot and it seems to be developing pretty well, the small unhealthy plant has scince died.

Some of the fan leaves on the healthy plant were really blocking the light to bud sites so I trimmed a couple, Obviously Im not going to have a huge crop, but I am getting good opportunities for experimenting etc.

VI-guy

looking forward to next crop, just having a hard time choosing seeds and / or finding them at a decent price.

I am also considering making a drop in hydro setup for this cabinet, as well as adding some additional lights maybe 150w hps in a cool tube, c02 and better ventilation.

I may also start from scratch and use this as a veg chamber

P

Paranoid one

Looking wonderful!

Love the cab.

Plain and simple is the way to go.

VI-guy

Update, checked out and fed today, soil appears to be fairly dry 2 days after watering so that pretty much dictates the watering schedule, crown bud has doubled in size scince last checkup (3 days ago) note: it is still only 2cm in size ;)

The grow went pretty much like this, seeds germed on jan 5ish, vegged till the 24 then flipped which would have this plant around 44 days flowering, should I expect quite a bit more growth in the next 45 or so days?

Obviously I'm not growing this one to profit or anything, just kind of getting my feet wet and seeing what I could acomplish with a small cab, minimal lights, no c02 and grocery store plant food.

Once I've made it throught this little grow I will feel more comfortable with more plants, real nutes, big lights etc.

cheers

VI-guy

Damn no camera, plant is doing very well in my opinion. I think I have finally gotten the watering and feeding dialed to a good level. Bud growth has been quite impressive. we're now at day 56 ish, so hopefully she keeps on growing at a good pace.

Pics as soon as i find my camera

Latest posts

Latest posts