What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new Cali med laws for dummies - or why you are done growing next year

Sunfire

Veteran
this is from ab266.
wouldn't this mean we have another season or two?

"28) Requires a licensing authority to issue state licenses to
qualified applicants engaging in commercial cannabis activities,
and beginning January 1, 2018, prohibits a person from engaging
in those activities without a state license and a local permit. "

Essentially yes they won't be busting people on that level until then but we are already starting to feel the effects of these bills. Check this out...in court on Monday the judge put us off for another month to see if the bills pass into law or not. If they do he is going to consider many of our arguments null and void!!!! Wtf that's bullshit! But it happened!!!!

There are also dates in to the bill that say if you are not in compliance with city and county by those earlier dates, then your pretty much fucked and by these bills city and county will have a lot more power and authority.

Having these bills not get a veto will and has dramatically effect all court proceedings up to that 2018 date. Counties will also begin to feel even more untouchable and will be more comfortable with continuing to infringe upon our rights.

DON'T STOP CALLING THE GOVERNORS OFFICE!!! CALI DOESN'T ALLOW POCKET VETOS ANYONE. WE NEED HIM TO SPECIFICALLY VETO IT BEFORE OCTOBER 11TH. CALL AND EMAIL EVERYONE YOU KNOW AND ASK THEM THE CALL THE GOVERNORS OFFICE AND DEMAND A VETO!!!

arnold layne

i've been contacting the gov's office on this. probably tired of hearing from me, but oh well.

yeah, pretty much nobody in my county (nevada) is in compliance.
i s'pose we're all hosed.

Sunfire

Veteran
Yeah, I'm in yuba, seems like a lot of people must like these strict as fuck ordinances cause no one want to get off their lazy asses and do something. All they want to do is shit talk the people who actually do try because "they arnt doing anything" which is ironic because most of us are powerless when they themselves don't actually fucken do something and contribute!

The office March and rally at the capital was a prime example. Hundreds of people online said they would be there and when I arrived it was the same crew of only a dozen people I always see and only 1 fresh face. Fucken bullshit man. I really hope people wake the fuck a open their eyes and realize they don't actually have a magic bubble around them that some how makes them different from everyone else that has gotten busted and are facing huge fines and lots of lawyer fees.

Meanwhile, the few people who actually do fight, are getting extremely tired. If people don't get off their fucken asses and stop being lazy and greedy, we will be fucked if a 2016 legalization initiative and the csaa isn't voted in.

oneofus

Check this out...in court on Monday the judge put us off for another month to see if the bills pass into law or not. If they do he is going to consider many of our arguments null and void!!!! Wtf that's bullshit! But it happened!!!!

or course it happened. did you really think he wouldn't? that judge hates weed as much as the b.o.s. does and he is letting it influence his decisions and that fuxker is using the law as a club against law-abiding citizens and violating every principle of human rights that both god and our bill of rights give us.

they should all be dragged out into the street and hanged as the traitors and tyrants that they are from the nearest tree that is tall enough.

god DAMN but this pisses me off

There are also dates in to the bill that say if you are not in compliance with city and county by those earlier dates, then your pretty much fucked and by these bills city and county will have a lot more power and authority.

Having these bills not get a veto will and has dramatically effect all court proceedings up to that 2018 date. Counties will also begin to feel even more untouchable and will be more comfortable with continuing to infringe upon our rights.

so the patients, prop 215, and allofus growers all just got fucked.

where is all the "legalized" weed going to come from to fill up the dispos now that at least 3/4 of the state will not allow growing under this program of CONTROL? all patients in the ban counties are fucked. all of us growers in those ban counties are fucked. and even if you DO live in a non-ban county...who do you really think is going to get those local permits? that's right...the friends of the b.o.s.'s and the highest bribers...err...bidders...in the millions of $ range. think you can afford that? say goodbye to the livelihood as you have known it for the past twenty years. it's back to the underground, guys. moonshiners...all of us...

so much for the "power of the people" when they pass a state constitutional amendment. i can't believe they took this long to do this...FUCK!!!

this whole thing is a farce right from the git-go,guys. does anyone really think that any of the ban counties are going to issue a "local permit"? only humboldt, alameda (think oaktown...harborside) s.f., l.a. and maybe san diego counties are going to get on board with this. everyone living elsewhere has just become a criminal and they ARE coming for you. look what they did this year alone in butte and yuba counties...

everyone else is fucked. period. you ain't gonna get no local permit and the bs in the bills saying counties that don't put regs in place will default to state regs is bs also because you STILL need a local permit.

good fuckin' luck with that.

welcome to the new prohibition,boys.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
:yeahthats

Seems a lot of people are running around with their eyes wide shut!

(HUGE got in ahead of me. Hehe)

This is how most people have to get by. Acknowledging reality would cause massive stress, so it's easier to deny. People do it about everything politics these days. It won't change until they get slapped in the face personally with this crap unfortunately.

theJointedOne

Veteran
What about all the thousands of commercial grows in rural triangle country... I highly doubt most of them are gonna stop growing, quite the opposite in fact.

And I doubt they are going to have the 'legal' permits aside from recommendations.

Will we see heavy hand of the law try to break through the commercial cannabis industry in the triangle?

Quick question too, any word on possession limits in these new laws if signed into law?

Sunfire

Veteran
Actually I never saw anything about possession limits.

Dude people are paying off enforcement for sure. I know of multiple huge "trespass grows" out here and they never get busted. One of them was called in on by a friend who discovered it. It was super close to his home and he wasnt stoked and he thinks they might be connected to his dog going missing. So in anger and concern he called the sheriff and the sheriff told him "oh yeah we already know about that one but it's really hard to access so we can't do anything about it." I hear all sorts of stories of huge grows that certainly arnt gorilla style and they never get busted. I've hear stories of pretty much payed off no fly zones. What is really true or not, idk. But I'm sure such bribes are a reality.

furrywall11

yeah they are,,,.lol....I heard tell of a guy that kept "accidentally" dropping 100 bills on the ground in front of a CE officer until he took them and left. Oops...clumsy me

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I'm in yuba, seems like a lot of people must like these strict as fuck ordinances cause no one want to get off their lazy asses and do something. All they want to do is shit talk the people who actually do try because "they arnt doing anything" which is ironic because most of us are powerless when they themselves don't actually fucken do something and contribute!

The office March and rally at the capital was a prime example. Hundreds of people online said they would be there and when I arrived it was the same crew of only a dozen people I always see and only 1 fresh face. Fucken bullshit man. I really hope people wake the fuck a open their eyes and realize they don't actually have a magic bubble around them that some how makes them different from everyone else that has gotten busted and are facing huge fines and lots of lawyer fees.

Meanwhile, the few people who actually do fight, are getting extremely tired. If people don't get off their fucken asses and stop being lazy and greedy, we will be fucked if a 2016 legalization initiative and the csaa isn't voted in.

PREACH MY BROTHER PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:respect:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LEGALIZING IS NOT THE ANSWER.

LEGALIZING IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Why would you give the same people who kept it illegal based off of greed, racism, organized genocide, and mass incarceration... the power to decide whats Legal??????

AMERICA GROWS AND SHIPS HEROIN INTO ITS OWN CITIZENS.

FUCK THE LAW there comes a point in time where you have to GET UP AND STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT !!!!!! JOHN KERRY AND HIS FAMILY GOT RICH OFF OPIUM AND WE ARE STILL ILLEGALLY IN AFGHANISTAN ....... TO GROW HEROIN AND SELL IT TO OUR OWN CITIZENS ....... I HAVE GROWN SUCH A DISGUST FOR THIS COUNTRY, I AM JUST AMAZED PEOPLE SELFISHLY HOARD WORTHLESS FIAT MONEY IN FALSE BELIEF THAT THEY ARE GROWING OR EARNING ANYTHING IN THIS WORTHLESS SOULLESS SELLOUT OF A CORPORATION ....... THE LEVEL OF EVIL THAT EXISTS IN AMERICA IS SO LARGE IT IS UNBELIEVABLE TO MOST ..... WELL BELIEVE IT

S

SooperSmurph

I left Cali because I saw the smoke on the horizon 10 years ago, I miss the amazing cuisine, I miss the amazing geography, I miss those wonderful rain storms that sweep in from the ocean, I will not miss the mess that California Politicians make of EVERYTHING!!!!!!

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like prices are going up...indoor grows,undercover could be profitable again

Sunfire

Veteran
Prices have been sky rocketing for a while. All those fires across the state will contribute to the prices sky rocketing. Not like dispensaries ever sold meds to the patients for fair prices anyways...

CoCoSativas

Ah the comercialization of weed. Just ignore it and keep growing your own who cares what the law says.

That said taxes and lots of those other things are good. The world is meeting us halfway. Of course you don't want to pay taxes but that's the cost of being a part of the real world.

I think lots of that stuff is positive for the state itself and keeping things regulated. Trust me I live in canada they let the med thing get fucked here if it's not regulated people will ruin it for the rest of us.

Everyone's better off keeping do in what they are doing and enjoy their own stuff...

The Hep Cat

Moneymen stink like cops and previous ememies gone greedy. As quality is the last thing they're thinking about, they will come crawling to the experts. But for now, they know how to re-invent the wheel. Seen how that goes, when hotshot moneymen set up warehouses of aeroponic rails, cause some suckah told them that was the road to yield. But, they have NO IDEA how to run the spaceship!!! Been there. Saved em before. Massive root rot in ALL 7 rooms of 72 plants each. haha.... It was their second potential complete crop failure in 2 tries..@!

Amazing how rich people can be too cheap to make themselves money.

If I was going into a gig I was clueless about like...drycleaning, you can be damn sure I'd hire someone who ran a shop for a while.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
The ReformCA 2016 initiative text has been posted. It sucks compared to CCHI initiative. This ReformCA group has the most funds to hire signature gatherers. The text has some interesting words about protecting prop215 medical and local bans.

http://www.theweedblog.com/text-california-control-regulate-tax-cannabis-act-2016-reformca/

More readable version:
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...lot_Measure_(Final)_(10-02-15).pdf?1443981648

In other breaking news, talented sign twirlers are in high demand in Oregon dispensaries paying $50 an hour!

Last edited: