What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Glad to see ya back around starke! There hasn't been much activity in the garden for the last few months. I took me a break from the perpetual bloom I normally run. When I wasnt looking forward to time in the garden, I knew I needed a break. Expect more pics to be posted and several experiments to happen across this summer. I do have intentions of rigging up a system in my greenhouse. I'm thinking of either recirculating dwc with an in ground insulated reservoir, or just going with a drip to waste setup for simplicity. This will mainly be for tomatoes, peppers, and whatever else my better half wants grown. Oh and I've got seedlings that popped up while I was gone camping for the weekend!

picture.php

So at 9 days from the massive tipping, I'm feeling better about my decision. The plants have recovered rather nicely! It appears I'll have a rather full canopy that will most likely be uneven. I left the purple kush taller than the rest when I cut them back as it usually grows super slow. This particular seed plant has other plans apparently. I've pheno hunted these purple kush seeds in at least 4 different grows. I've seen approximately 20% hermie rates, all non hermies grew slow, yeilded poorly, and turned purple. I've got my fingers crossed that I've found my keeper....

Day one of bloom- topped them and removed a few feet of growth
picture.php

Day 9 of bloom
picture.php

Purple kush showing its true colors. Buds will be a beautiful dark purple.
picture.php

I'm still using a 630w cmh light in the veg tent and 2 630w lights in the bloom tent. They kick ass and I like them. I've yet to see a better option for how I grow.

Last edited:
Day 14 of bloom update! All is well in the bloom tent. The plants are trying to overgrow the space allotted to them. 4 plants in a 5x5 area is a little tight for these ladies. The hulks dream has taken the lead with regard to vertical growth. She will probably hit 5'+ this round as she tends to stretch until week 4ish. She is the only clone in the tent. The other 3 are seed plants. The strawberry glue seems happy growing slow. I'm not expecting a who lot from her as of yet. The mystery gdp cross is a close second behind hulks dream. She looks like she will be a high yeilder. Crazy stretch with reasonably tight internodes. Purple kush is killing it with the purple coloring. I am praying she is stable. I really want to breed with her. She may get hit with some copper chem pollen for giggles and shits.

So system vitals on the undercurrent/aero setup if anyone is interested. Ppm on 700 scale is 830ppm at the moment. This is a 3 to 1 mix of maxigrow to maxibloom, botanicare calmag+, and orca for microbes. Ph is stable at 6.1 and has been there for the last 7 days. Nice thing about the reservoir being over 100 gallons is that ph and ppm doesnt swing very fast. Tent temps stay around 78 to 80°F lights on and 72°F lights off. RH is usually between 38% and 50%. I've got a 630w de cmh over the aeroponic pepper plants running at 400w, and a 630 running at 700w over the 4 plants in undercurrent.

A quick note on using maxigro for the first 2 to 3 weeks of bloom. I highly reccomend it. It keeps the girls happy while they get through the initial stretch. I used to only run maxibloom, but it tends to cause the girls to scavenge lower leaves for nitrogen, which I rather not see happen. Some plants wont, but it keeps the nitrogen whores happy and the others dont seem to mind.

The aerotable pepper plants are finally happy! The roots are mostly recovered, they have stopped cannibalizing leaves, and have a ton of new growth. Hell a few are starting to throw buds for flowers. The timer to pepper plant overgrow has started ticking.

Here's heat the tent looks like currently:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@FrozenFire is this you? :biggrin:

giphy-38.gif

Id be carefull with smoking the harvest from your aerotable :peacock:

Nice lookin colors n structure, peppers are looking great too!

starke

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought the maxibloom alone was a little shy on N. Not with all strains, but with enough of my sativa doms to where it was an issue. Hate to see fading leaves unless I'm the one causing it with the final flush.

Palindrome- while the hot peppers will be dried, I may smoke them on the grill :biggrin:. I pity the fool that stuffs a million+ scoville pepper in a pipe and actually tries smoking it!

Starke- I'm of the same mind set. I HATE seeing yellowing leaves unless its flush time or end of life for the plant. Using nitrogen from lower leaves any other time means I'm seeing less than optimal growth. The royal bitch with how I run all these different seed plants and strains in the same system is finding the happy medium with regards to nutrient requirements. The different plant growth types and speeds also gives my OCD a good poking trying to keep a somewhat decent canopy. I cant keep it the same height, but I try to make sure they all get plenty of light and prevent overshadowing which can induce bad stretching. That also causes fluffy buds, which I'm not a fan of, but are fine for blasting.

Anyhow its day 15 of bloom and I took some pics of the hulks dream. She is already pushing resin out everywhere, including on stems and leaves. She will probably be the most resinous plant unless one of the newcomers is something really special.

picture.php

picture.php

Well I finally got my garden in order and now I gotta head outta town for work. While I'm gone the garden will be in my better half's hands. She shouldn't have to touch anything and just keep an eye on fluid levels and monitors.

I trimmed back my mother plants as far back as I could. No root pruning this time. I'll post pics tomorrow if their nee haircut.

Here is a comparison between the purple kush I had and the new one. So the old one full on hermied on my buddy and made a fuck ton of seeds. He probably has 500+ seeds. He gave me a big ol handful of seeds and a clone of it and a few other stories start me off in the world of cannabis gardening. Due to lack of experience I didnt clone the cut... so now I may have a close replica of that plant. The only difference I'm seeing so far is the new one already has purple leaves and buds where the old one had green leaves with purple buds. Only other difference is the new one has smaller leaves with skinnier fingers. It's a curiosity for sure.

New pheno 2+ weeks of bloom
picture.php

Old pheno near the end of bloom
picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Here is a comparison between the purple kush I had and the new one. So the old one full on hermied on my buddy and made a fuck ton of seeds. He probably has 500+ seeds. He gave me a big ol handful of seeds and a clone of it and a few other stories start me off in the world of cannabis gardening. Due to lack of experience I didnt clone the cut... so now I may have a close replica of that plant. The only difference I'm seeing so far is the new one already has purple leaves and buds where the old one had green leaves with purple buds. Only other difference is the new one has smaller leaves with skinnier fingers. It's a curiosity for sure.

View Image

View Image
beautiful buds

Thanks mars!

So I've been gone a week so far. The ph has remained stable, ppm dropped from 740 to 640, and the water level dropped an inch. My better half added some maxibloom to the rez for me today. It never ceases to amaze me how dsmn fast pot plants ca. Grow when they are happy. Here are the day 24 pics she sent me yesterday.

picture.php

picture.php

Quick update time! Tent is doing good and the purple kush is putting on weight pretty quick. She is looking like an 8 week or 9 week plant at the latest. The monster cropped clone of her has rooted. I missed the window for pollinating anything this round, so it looks like I'll be breeding purple kush on the next go around.

picture.php

Pseudoscience

Nice color! Near Harvest?

Nice color! Near Harvest?

Hey! First post ever on this site, but I was compelled by your work on these colors, FrozenFire, and hoping you could provide an update...I hope you’re nearing the finish on those ladies...day 51 now, right?
Cheers,
Pseudoscience

Hey! First post ever on this site, but I was compelled by your work on these colors, FrozenFire, and hoping you could provide an update...I hope you’re nearing the finish on those ladies...day 51 now, right?
Cheers,
Pseudoscience

Sorry for the delay, life has been super busy lately. The girls have been chopped, dried, trimmed and are currently curing in jars. Unfortunately the purple kush clone that rooted died while I was gone at work. The purple kush yeilded well as did the rest of them. The total yeild was 740g which is 1.62 pounds. Not bad for 3 seed plants and a hulks dream cut. The mystery gdp and hulks dream both averaged 8oz each and the purple kush and strawberry diesel were both around 4oz each. Hulks dream smells sweet with that same blueberry muffin nose that I love. Strawberry diesel has hints of berries and musk, no diesel to her so far. She had the best density of the bunch, with nice medium sized buds. The purple kush has a complex smell that ranges from berries and coffee to something else I cant put my finger on. It's a jar you smell a few times cause it smells so good, but you cant figure out why:biggrin:. Buds are a little fluffy and are very dark purple now that they have dried. I'll post pics later. The mystery gdp yeilded extremely well, but it's all tiny popcorn buds that are coated in resin. She definitely has a cheezy foot smell to her. I will be making all of her into concentrates.

The undercurrent setup now has 2 carolina reapers pepper plants, 1 peach ghost pepper plant, and 1 ghost pepper plant in it. I loaded the aero table with the seed plants of my crosses, jellybreath, and cherrmendous. I've sexed them, and lost over 50% to males. I've cut down all but one male, which I cut all the way down to 1 very small branch. He is a cherrmendous male and I'm thinking about collecting pollen from him.

gh0stm0de

I did not realize you were running StrawD, I thought you had StrawGlue from relentless. Who bred the StrawD? Really loved that one.

Dyad

View Image

View Image

That color though! Magnificent! ❤️