What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

The garden is needing some attention. Another trip to home depot for parts had to happen. I tried using a 1/2" boiler valve to pump down the system with the uc circulation pump. So that style valve is a massive flow restriction. Next up is a 3/4" valve with a crossover to garden hose thread. That should work alot better. I'll have it installed tomorrow and I'll report back how she works. It's the little things like this that drive me crazy!

Copper chem f2 babies are doing well. The little tykes are quite vigorous. Of the 36 I only have one runt, and I planted it in a dirt pot just to see what happens. The bulk of them are going to get topped this week. The babies that are in the other tote with the clones have already been topped.

Uncut baby tote:
picture.php

So I finally got weights out of 3 of the 4 plants from the undercurrent setup last round. They are as follows:

Hulks dream #1: 345g of resin coated fluffy stuff. After cure it still smells like a baked blueberry/lemon muffin.

Hulks dream #2: 107g of dense buds with a floral/fruity smell. Nothing really special, but not bad.
picture.php

Hulk smash: 206g of small bur rock hard nuggets. The yeild surprised me. Definitely the density factor. She smells of strawberry dankness with hints of gasoline. She also gave up a nice little 1g pile of keif while popping buds from the stems.
picture.php

picture.php

So the total so far is 658g harvested from the undercurrent side. The behemoth that is copper chem #5 should easily be 250g+. This is looking like a new personal best for me. IF that is the case that will be 2 pounds from a single 700w de cmh bulb in a 5' x 4.5' area with a 4 plant scrog. Definitely goes to show how much of a factor genetics and training factor into what you can yeild in a given environment.

This run went better than I expected. I've got a bunch of material I've got to process still. I'm at least 3 runs of bho behind, not counting the copper chem #5 harvest. There is a possibility I may hit 2 pounds off of 700w of cmh light. Copper chem needs to weigh in over 249g for that to happen though. It's going to be close.

On other fronts, the copper chem f2 babies took off on me. The little tykes stretched a fair bit last week. Being the mean gardener I am, I cut them way back. I've got another 6 weeks to keep them under 1 foot tall. I'm not sure how that going to happen, but I'm gonna try.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
That’s some pruning. They will be bushes. Timing is the hardest part for me, it’s so rare that they hit flower at my preferred height. Might have to try this technique.

It's not the first time I've trimmed plants back like this. They will be pissed for a few days at most. Then they go right back to growing fast. I'll prune their roots after the tops recover.That also helps slow them down for a bit. I rather start early and prune than wait too long and have my bloom cycle messed up. These plants are way more resilient than people give them credit for.

Tonight was productive. Got the rez changed out in for the bloom undercurrent/aeroponics setup. I also cleaned the screens out in the tubs as well. The system ran 3 to 4 months with just regular top offs every one to two weeks. The candyland #5 was added to the spot where copper chem #5 was in. Its behind the rest of the tent and has some catching up to do. Speaking of which, the copper chem #4 got over the severe topping I gave it when it started bloom. It's now taking off like a rocket.... copper hulk is looking like it's going to be a solid cola plant with great potential. The candyland #4 is just chugging along nicely. She isnt stretching much, but is filling out just fine.

The aerotable got the scrog net out over it. The copper chem #4s over there are growing like phone poles and were starting to tip over. Great stem strength, but no medium holding them up, just roots. The orange glues bu comparison are shorter and more Christmas tree like. Next time the copper chem #4s will get topped a few times to encourage lateral growth. I've got less than an ideal canopy on the aerotable this time. That shouldn't be an issue with the next batch going into the table!

I got a quick run of hd#1 blasted tonight as well. Yield was off so I'll fix what I think was the issue and re run tomorrow. Results will be posted then. Initial run turned out a beautiful gold color and is the pliable shatter that I like.

Anyone wanna help me finish trimming all this copper chem #5? I've got her broke down into prime colas, secondary colas and a big ol pile for blasting. In other news I've got a pot of boiling butane evaporating off. I ran 160g of hulk smash. Its gonna be some great shatter. I'll post pics later.

Big news! My last record set by the aerotable just got shattered by the undercurrent scrog. 2.35 pounds!!! Ok now that that's outta the way here's the breakdown of the plant totals: copper chem #5 407g, hulks dream #1 345g, hulk smash 206g, and hulks dream #2 107g. That totals out to 1065g. So 700w of cmh over the undercurrent side (4.5'×5' canopy) from start to finish equals 1.52 GPW! I measured everything twice and checked scales with cal. Weights. Here's some pics of the copper chem #5 that just got trimmed and jarred.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks palindrome. It was an unexpected windfall. I hope everyone following along had a wonderful thanksgiving! We went with precooked smoked turkey this year from a local butcher. Best decision ever! Less effort and maximum deliciousness.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Thanks palindrome. It was an unexpected windfall. I hope everyone following along had a wonderful thanksgiving! We went with precooked smoked turkey this year from a local butcher. Best decision ever! Less effort and maximum deliciousness.
My wifww thinks she can cook turkey. Probably the reason I'm not crazy about turkey.. I like your idea of precooked from butcher. Next year raviolis.:biggrin:

The rule in our house is if it isnt a baked dish, I cook the meat. Fiancee is great everywhere else but cooking meat isnt something she is much good at. I baked 2 small turkeys and did a head to head experiment. One turkey baked in a turkey bag. The other Turkey cooked under tinfoil. Bagged turkey and tinfoil turkey were both good. The bagged turkey was better- juicier and fall apart tender. Only took an hour and 15 minutes to cook them as well.

gh0stm0de

Haha very cool experiment Frozen. I wanted to put the turkey on the smoker this year but got outvoted. Still haven't smoked a turkey myself.

Congrats again on the surreal harvest. I have decided to follow suit finish out this crop under 4200K so I can see what the fuss is about; I have only used 3400K and 3000K-Red so far but you sir are killing it over there with your 4200K. Hopefully, the extra blue will help reduce stretch cause I overgrew badly and have only 14" from lens of ACDE reflector to canopy. Yeehaw.

Hope a happy turkey day was had :smoke out:

I'm all about the 4200k spectrum lights. The plants seem to stack well under it, and it's easy on my eyes as well. I cant day for sure the 4200k reduces stretch, as I've had some stretchy beasts *cough* copper chem #5 *cough*.

Undercurrent status
picture.php

Here's how the copper chem f2's and clones are doing
picture.php

starke

Been out of pocket a minute. Congrats on the harvest and you other ladies look maaaaarvelous as usual.

12 days from the crazy cut back of the copper chem f2's and they grew back thicker. I'll be cutting them back again shortly. They are being fed 600ppm of general hydroponics powdered maxigrow and orca only. It seems to keep them quite happy.

After first haircut:
picture.php

Today:
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts