What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Quick update, I've been very busy lately with work and summer stuff. Garden has mostly been on autopilot for the last month. The wedding cake plants didnt work out. #1 hermied at week 3 and was cut down. #2 turned out to be a male and was cut down. Half the table is empty. The 2 candylands are doing well and probably will be average to low yeild. Buds are medium sized and rock hard. They smell like feet and grapes. Candyland #2 is starting to turn purple. Cl#1 appears to be finishing faster. Both are coated in resin.

The undercurrent system needed some maintenance. Had a root clog to deal with. Turned into a massive pain in the ass with 2 trips to home depot. 1st trip was for the valve and union that didnt get installed when the system was built. Makes it hard to remove a pump when it the damn thing is hard piped in. 2nd trip was for glue as the glue I had thought was good, turned out to have dried in the can :wallbash: good news is the ecoplus mag pump was easy to take apart and remove root clog. Only took a screwdriver, 6 screws and 2 minutes. After fixing root clog and installing union/ball valve, I plumbed in another tee, valve and boiler valve. This was done on the discharge side of the pump outside the tent. It will be for using the uc pump to drain the system. The idea is to close 1 valve, attach garden hose, open boiler valve, and pump water without having to handle it.

So aero table will finish half empty. The next run is going to be copper chem #4 and orange glue #2. I want to see how much I can get gpw wise out of the 4x4 table. Both cuts are good yeilders. Copper chem #4 is fluffy, and orange glue #2 gets nice and dense.

Under current side currently has hulks dream #1 and #2 in it, which just started last Saturday I think. 2 spots left to fill. Those spots will be filled by copper chem #5 and copper chem # 4.

The 1k cmh grow was a shitshow. One of the bulb pinch welds that is on the filament failed. Caused the bulb to shut off. Once i figured out that's what the issue was. I flipped the bulb 180 so the filament was held together by gravity. That worked for a week then the bulb failed. So the last 3 weeks were just with side lighting from the 630w side. Hulk smash was dense and tricome coated. Lost 3 big cola tops to mould, oh well. Orange glues were resin coated and fluffy as usual. 2 hulk smash yeilded 196g, og #6 yeilded 172g, og #1 still drying. Og #6 was turned into semidried fresh frozen with some fresh frozen og #6 from last round that I had stashed in the freezer. I'll dry it and figure out yeild % later. The concentrate turned out really nice. Beautiful color and smells like oranges and flowers. I'll post pics and a smoke report later.

So the long term blue dream experiment is a success! I've got a cola tip of blue dream that was dried 2 years ago and was cured. Nothing crazy. Just dried it, normal Mason jar cure, stuck in a mylar ziplock bag, and got forgot about. Well it was found and sampled tonight. It was light green with a little tan coloring. The nose was very light with a hint of potpourri. It smoked smoother than I can describe. Still has that sativa head high, just without the energy to clean the house. I've resealed the bag and will be forgetting about it again for at least another year. I'll be doing the same with a Mason jar of hulk smash #10....

So here is the orange glue #6 from just before chop, after semi dry and trim, post blast and purge, and final yeild.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So the hulk smash I had growing in the greenhouse is getting moved into the bloom tent. She will be getting one of the spots in the undercurrent side. She is currently 4' tall and in a 5g pot of ocean forest. She will get topped, lollypopped, and deleafed before going into the bloom tent. The other picture is of the hulk dreams in undercurrent. Hd#1 on the left and hd #2 on the right. Both are in need of a deleafing. I'll get the copper chem #5 in the other undercurrent site and set up the scrog net. I'm really liking how the hd's filled out this time. I think I've got a shot at seeing the yeild potential they both have this round.

Hulk smash # 10
picture.php

Hulks dream #1 and #2
picture.php

Update on the auto that was in the greenhouse. I've removed multiple cola tips and a few buds due to mold last week and a half. This morning it was 35°f. So it got cut down tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

Just picked up a new bong and a bucket. Noting fancy, but it hits your lungs like a sledgehammer. I had a buddy come by and try the new orange glue concentrate batch. He may also had his first encounter with the dab sweats. Side note he was impressed with how smooth and flavorful the orange glue turned out.

picture.php

picture.php

My main extraction method is bho. Nothing super fancy here. I run home made abs plastic tubes, open blast, and a best value vacs vacume purge setup (single stage pump. 3 gallon chamber, and temp controlled heating mat). I've messed with qwiso, but the consensus is my bho just comes out better. I occasionally run fresh frozen, but mainly run material dried to a crisp. If you have any questions on specifics, I'll be glad to help.

After much deliberation I've decided to bloom the hulk smash in dirt! This is only the second time I've ran a plant in dirt from start to finish. It's in fox farms ocean forest soil that's been cut with pearlite. I'm using the same nutes the hydroponics get, just higher ppm. It is looking like I'll have a nice even canopy on that side. I got the scrog net in place. Man that was a bit of a bitch. I've got no room for me to move around in the tent! The plant that's to the right of the hulk smash is copper chem #5. Here's how it's looking.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dried and starting to cure candyland #4. She is super loud.
picture.php

Candyland at day 55 are both doing reasonably well. #4 is pretty much done and #5 is looking like it will take another week or so. Both plants are growing bud spears.

#4 on the left, and #5 on the right
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My eyeballs are saying I'll be lucky to break a 1/2 lb total with the candylands.

Undercurrent/low pressure aeroponics just got another 20g added to the reservoir. Last top off was over a week ago. That system was a pain in the ass to build, but makes the day to day operation Cadillac style. Nutes ppm is hovering around 1000 to 1100. Ph is rock stable, and roots are all happy white. UC wide is kicking ass. Hulks dream #1 is stretching for the ceiling (back row, left side). The golden disc below is a 32g patty of hulk smash concentrate. Its effects are narcotic, but clear headed.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the compliments. This was the first run of bho in a while that was proper shatter. Last couple turned out as sticky sappy taffy, which was a bitch to deal with. Its driving me crazy trying to figure out why they turned out that way. My working theory is that it was a combination of uncontrolled moisture in the buds and maybe terpene percentage. I'll run a controlled experiment to verify this with the next round of concentrates made from the candyland.

Day 21 of flower for hulks dream #1 and #2. #1 has over doubled in height and no signs of slowing down on stretching. #2 is over a foot shorter than #1 and appears to have finished stretching. If #1 keeps getting taller, I'll be super cropping the tall tops on her....

Other updates to come covering progress with my aerocloner full of copper chem #4 and orange glue #2. I'll be packing the aerotable and trying to set a personal record yeild with the 4x4 table. I may stick 2 new crosses in the table (copper chem #3 × hulk smash #10) if either of them are female. They are currently vegging in dwc and have been topped multiple times already. They may get put in undercurrent.

picture.php

HD #1
picture.php

HD #2
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I plan to do a BHO run from Malawi cobs. I've done bud runs with butane, not tried dexso yet, which will be better for sure.

I think the "tar" comes from not decarbed sugars/salts/waxes material, each plant stores in her tissues differently I guess.

My reasoning the cobs having fermented all available sugars into lactic acid, bacteria consuming, dying, then drying… then extract, should make for a much cleaner product, and those who have tried (Tangwena included) says so…

That 32g chunk you got looks ultraclean, :respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts