What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Wish I had a CMH for the comparison run I'm doing! (SILs vs HPS vs COB).

Lovely setup and amazing buds! 1400 CMH watts! :bigeye: :tiphat:

https://www.ceramicsolutions.us

That's where you can get your cmh light setups. For reference I use 4200k bulbs for veg and bloom. I've also used the 3kr bulbs as well. I'll probably fire up the 1k cmh setup I've got for testing. I'll run it over the undercurrent side for giggles and shits. I wanna see how they respond to all the extra par.

Well out of the mystery hermie purple kush seeds I've only had one plant grow sacks so far! Unfortunately it was my favorite one, oh well. Of all my home made seeds in this run, I've had 2 hulk smash x hulk smash hermie and get cut down. All the hulk smash × blue dream plants are beautiful ladies and 2 of them look really nice and are very vigorous. I think one of them may be a keeper as she has nice internode spacing, dense bud starts, and a strong structure. The copper chem male that showed first has been moved to his own tent, put in soil, and is chillin under a 4' 4 bulb t5 to bloom out under. So far his bud structure is tight and is showing signs of possible resin development. If he puts out resin and reasonable stink, he is gonna get a one night stand with a couple ladies :comfort:.

The copper chem stud:
picture.php

Hulk smash × blue dream:
picture.php

Thanks! I'm pretty content with dwc. I'm still getting aeroponics dialed in. It's a little more finicky, but easy to adjust parameters with.

Another update on the home made crosses! Two more plants got cut down last night. One of the hulk smash × hulk smash, and one of the hulk smash × blue dream had hermie preflowers. From personal experience, you can pluck them. Issue with that is it's the end of week 3 and they get harder to find the longer they are in flower. So if I see nanners, that plant gets the axe. Only exception is if a few show up super late in flower, as those are harmless. Anyhow the up side of cutting down plants is the ones that stay get more light! I'll try to take some pics of the hermie preflower and post them. It might help someone to see what I'm talking about. I knew when I first used hermie pollen to make seeds I would be dealing with these issues. Most people with any sense wouldn't have done it, as its problematic at best. So far it's been a pretty entertaining grow. The rest of the beans I made will be quarantined for now. I'll have to store them with a warning label ha ha. Caution: contents of these beans may try to go fuck themselves.

Ok next topic! I've got 4 green point seeds copper chem ladies growing at the moment. From all accounts it's supposed to be a great representation of the chem line. Green point seeds totes it as their flagship strain. So far they are lagging behind everyone with regard to bud development and resin development. She is supposed to be a long flowering plant, so this may be normal. Smell wise, they stink but isn't super loud yet. 2 cuts are tall and 2 cuts are shorter. All 4 cuts have long internode spacing. No bushy phenos. Honestly nothing about them is impressive yet, but it's still to early to pass judgement on them.

Other than that, all is well in the grow tents. My hydroponic pepper and blueberry plants are doing well. The pepper plant finally got fuzzy white roots poking out of the net pot! I've got a feeling once it gets roots to the water, it will explode. I'm thinking that plant will hit 5' tall. The blueberry plant was in bad shape and will most likely take more time to get going. I'm still waiting on my strawberries to show up. I'm really looking forward to trying the white strawberries!

Got some holes in the aerotable and small plants this time around. After last grows success and craziness, a less vigorous grow isn't such a bad thing! The purple kush are definitely going to have some serious bag appeal. The color of them is quite lovely in my opinion. I'm hoping this time around one of them decides to get sticky. Last grow with them was all show and not much by way of resin production.

picture.php

Its purple!
picture.php

Hulk smash × blue dream
picture.php

The new extract strain heavyweight champ has been crowned! All hail the glorious orange glue! I ran a tube with 5.875oz of fluffy orange glue buds with 6 cans of butane. I yielded 22.9% of some amazing concentrate. Very sticky and pliable at room temp, and shatters when cold. This is the heaviest yeild I've seen from anything I've ran yet. This was a mostly bud run that had trim in it. This is truly and extractors wet dream of a strain in my opinion. Here is how it turned out.

picture.php

insomniac_AU

Thanks! I'm pretty content with dwc. I'm still getting aeroponics dialed in. It's a little more finicky, but easy to adjust parameters with.
Hi Frozen! Yes I've tried all sorts of growing methods over the years and I've found for me DWC gives the most reliable results and has the least problems. I'm really happy with the Nefarious nutrients I'm using now too.

Great looking goo BTW, enjoy!

G

The Hulk Smash you started with from seed from Dark Horse, did you have hermies from seeds as well? I am in week 3 after first try of seeds yielded 2 cocks in the henhouse :wtf:
And now one of the two second attempts is a lanky lady. Finally. It’s why I don’t usually run regular seeds but wanted to try Hulk Smash enough to deal with it.

The Hulk Smash you started with from seed from Dark Horse, did you have hermies from seeds as well? I am in week 3 after first try of seeds yielded 2 cocks in the henhouse :wtf:
And now one of the two second attempts is a lanky lady. Finally. It’s why I don’t usually run regular seeds but wanted to try Hulk Smash enough to deal with it.

Out of all the hulk smashes I believe 2 of the females hermied on me. I'll check my notes when I see them. Males are good for making free seeds though! But with your limited space I see the issue. By no means hulk smash is what I would call a stable feminized plant. With that said, there is some straight fire in the family tree.

Made some progress on setting up the undercurrent side tonight! It should be running by Friday. He aero table and the 4 site uc system are setup to run off of a common rez. Utilizing a 55g tote. The 4 uc sites are the same 18g rubbermade totes I ran dwc with, just drilled holes for the 2" shower drain fittings. The circulation piping is all 2" for the sites. I'll run airstones ro all 4 sites. The uc side will be able to be isolated from dwc side. It will act as a dwc setup while isolated ie mo circulation. Pump has block valves up stream and down stream for isolation for maintenance, along with a tee on the discharge side that crosses over to a garden hose thread adapter. This is for pumping down the system when needed. It should be a solid setup. We shall see how it functions. Pictures will be posted.

starke

Hoping for pics with a little info on your plumbing. So far I'm happy with my Hempys...but I get bored easy.

Hoping for pics with a little info on your plumbing. So far I'm happy with my Hempys...but I get bored easy.

Boredom is what got me to this point:biggrin:. I'm constantly looking to what I want to do different next. I enjoy designing and building stuff. I'll take pics of the plumbing and I can sketch up a diagram of the system if you need it. This sounds a little complicated, but it's really not. One of my favorite sayings is perfection is a moving target.

Well the undercurrent setup is up and running! The first 2 days were a little stressful. The initial start up revealed one joint that wasn't glued. Isolated system, drained and glued joint. After that refilled and fired back up. After running overnight, all the damned tote penetrations were leaking a little. I had to vacume up roughly 2 gallons of water. Tote seals were tightened again without draining system. 12 hours later another gallon of water leaked by seals. No more tightening as seals are tight. 12 hours after that, no more leaks. It's been 3 days now and the system is leak free. I guess it just took some time for the seals to set. So now the system is stable and happy!

The undercurrent system has 1 air stone per bucket, no airstones in main res as I have plenty of oxygen in water from waterfall effect of uc pump, 4 airstones, and the aero sprayers. So with that said, this allowed me to run only 1 air pump and 2 water pumps. This system is surprisingly quiet!

Lighting for the uc side is a 945w de 4200k Cmh light powered by a phantom 1000w de ballast. It's not what the manufacturer recommends, but the light seems to be working fine and fires up as expected. We shall see how long it lasts :biggrin:. That light puts out some serious light. I have some high Hopes for what it will do.

Tent temps seem to have stabilized around 80 to 82 with an rh between 35 and 40%. Rez temp is hanging out at 70 which is a hair high for my liking. I have dropped the in floor radiant heat thermostat to adjust for this, but it will be a week before it gets where I want it.

The plants in the uc side: left front is orange glue #6, left rear is orange glue #1, right front and right rear are hulk smash #10. All of them were vegged in my aerobucket, and slightly neglected for the last month. They should be back to happy within a week. I already have root tips though the bottom of the net pots. Here's how the tent looks as of last night.

picture.php

The plants in the aeroponics side are chugging along. Lots of frost across the board. I took my late bloom monster clones last night. After going over all the girls, I found out that copper chem #1 was not happy and decided to hermie. She got cut down, and will be an early harvest sample of copper chem. She stinks of fresh cut grapefruit... really sour! It makes me sad she didn't get to finish. She was one of the 2 tall phenos. The other tall pheno will be the big yeilder OG the bunch. That one doesnt have the sour smell, more sweet with a citrus chemical smell. Copper chem #5 is a short pheno but has the same grapefruit smell, and good resin production. She was cloned and will be re run. Both hulk smash×blue dream crosses are cloned and the cross has been named hulks dream. The tall pheno will rival orange glue #6 for resin production but is fluffy. The short pheno is a monster! The buds are rock hard and huge. If it keeps on the way it is, it will be the heaviest yeilding plant I've grown to date with regard to plant size. Both phenos reek of blueberries with a hint of chemical cleaner. The hulk smash×hulk smash crosses pale in comparison to what blue dream brought to the table, no keepers there yet. Purple kush cuts were short to start and barely stretched whatsoever. Out of the 4 of them I'll keep one to run again. The keeper has the strongest smell which is all coffee grounds and earthiness. Resin production and bud structure aren't ideal, but there may be some potential for a good night time smoke. Here's how the hulks dream #1 looks currently.

picture.php

The one time I don't measure how much material I pack into the blast tube, this happens! The most I've ever managed to stuff in the tube is 193g. So figuring that this was a theoretical yeild of 24.6% with a tube of orange glue.

picture.php

picture.php

I packed the tube tight, and ran 7 cans. New personal best yeild. I'm not sure which cut it was... it's probably a combination of #1 and #6. It was a mix of 50% bud and 50% trim and popcorn.

Beginning of week 3 for the undercurrent side! 3 out of 4 plants are happy, and one is slightly deficient from needing extra nitrogen from stretching. Other than that the undercurrent setup is kicking serious ass. Pearly white roots all the way around. Reservoir has settled to an average temp of 70°f which is fine. Ppm sits at 850 on average. The orange glues stretched the most and will stretch a little more. Hulk smash should be done with vertical growth. The hulks look like they will make some serious colas with the tight internode growth. Both orange glues and hulk smashes are showing early signs of good resin production. Looking good for only 21 days from the start of bloom.

picture.php

picture.php

Things are just chugging along over here. Most of the aerotable is ready for harvest. I'll start chopping later this week. The only plants that aren't quite ready are 2 of the copper chems and one of the hulks dream. The only strain not happy with the feeding regimen was the purple kush. All 3 cuts were small plants and light yeilders. If grown again it will be in a dirt pot so it can be dialed it separately.

The next plants going into the aerotable will be 2 scrogged candyland cuts from a buddy. These came from gdp genetics seeds. One of each cut will be run. I'll fill in a few spots in the aero table with hulks dream #1 and #2. The main goal will be scrogging the candyland to see how they do in my system. Hulks are being run to select the keeper pheno.

I'll be popping beans this week some time, once I decide what to run. I've got it narrowed down to 2 hulk smash crosses (orange glue #1 or c99), GPS night rider, or strawberry glue from dark horse genetics.

Oh and the hulks dream cuts are monster cropped. Those little guys are working on revegging as we speak. They will be lots of fun to bloom!

Latest posts

Latest posts