What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

B

beanz

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
beanz I have two individuals of that phenotype among my 5 Nevilles xMalawi :)

It turned out both the longer finishers are the A5 cross - ALL my nevilles x malawi are 9, 10 or 11 week at longest plants, indoors at least. The A5 sativa dominants ones may be 12 or 13. we will see very soon.

Bmac1

Veteran
Nice to see shorter flower times on the nev cross. I love haze but i think 12 weeks is about the edge of my attention span.

B

beanz

beanz I have two individuals of that phenotype among my 5 Nevilles xMalawi :)

It turned out both the longer finishers are the A5 cross - ALL my nevilles x malawi are 9, 10 or 11 week at longest plants, indoors at least. The A5 sativa dominants ones may be 12 or 13. we will see very soon.

as you say , the a5 cross has a good mixture and break up through it . you can get more indica dominant plants , malawi dominant and then the haze pheno like you say that runs the longest .

might make things a little difficult indoors if your trying to stick to a schedule .

nevil x killa seems too be my favourite atm .

in season here they would blow up pretty huge is my guess ....as its been mentioned its winter here ....but a nice glimpse into the strain is well worth it .

as I thought in a earlier post if your into collecting clones there could be some really nice reliable /potent /stable plants in these .

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Hi Everyone, been listening and lurking with mucho interest. Many thanks to OP and those posting their progress with these strains, spaventa and beanz for the very inspiring pics and strain info.
I've got two A5x Malawis in their first week of life, identical little twins, very healthy and already hardened to outdoor life. But my Neville's x didn't pan out, so based on your recent opinions and pics, we're gonna have to drop and pop another two;) Nice work!

B

beanz

Hi Everyone, been listening and lurking with mucho interest. Many thanks to OP and those posting their progress with these strains, spaventa and beanz for the very inspiring pics and strain info.
I've got two A5x Malawis in their first week of life, identical little twins, very healthy and already hardened to outdoor life. But my Neville's x didn't pan out, so based on your recent opinions and pics, we're gonna have to drop and pop another two;) Nice work!

oh a5 x killa still have there own thing going dont worry there ...if I was indoors thats the pheno,s I,d be selecting from ;)
in fact I change my mind all the time as too which I prefer ...

heres some a5 x mal
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the_niño

got one a5 x new malawi killer going and planted in the greenhouse... hoping she will finish by mid november.... no light dep, just some climate control.... she about a month or so old from seed

picture.php

and a very small nev x new malawi killer... not sure if she will make it to greenhouse or stick around for an indoor run....

picture.php

B

beanz

hope you dont mind spaventa .....I wanted to share these as they come along too ....I like your thread you got going on here mate ;)
no crazies ( yet ) well apart from me
my cross of killer malawi/black lime x killer malawi
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Its cool, anyone with these testers is welcome to keep it going. Ive harvested the early plants - all hung. Just the longer finishers left. I will post some pictures soon.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Its cool, anyone with these testers is welcome to keep it going. Ive harvested the early plants - all hung. Just the longer finishers left. I will post some pictures soon.

Can't wait to see em' brother! Congrats on the harvest. :dance013:

deepwaterdude

Ooo, harvest! Can't wait to hear and see what they turn out like.
Man, that Black Lime double x is a beaut, as they all are. If Sir Spaventa don't mind, maybe we could sticky this thread, keep all the info, inspiration, growing tips and results on these strains in one place? Be a killer resource;)

ULMW

Congrats Spaventa! Big Thank you to yourself and all.others posting as it has made for compelling study. My seedlings are just about to push a second set of baby leaves, while your's are seeing harvest..Cycle of Life. Thanks again and happy growing/harvest! :):tiphat:

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks guys. It was exactly 4 months from seed to harvest for the ones Ive got hanging.
I think the others won't be long. Thats only a few weeks longer than autos and these are tropical sativa hybrids :) The smells already are definitely connoisseur/coffee shop/head stash grade - there as those less common, weird, wonderful notes. Can't wait to trim and photograph them for this thread. Yes I think Im going to run at least one of these as a clone by itself soon so I will post it here when I do. I will just train 1 plant to fill a tent on her own so we can really see her. Its that super indica neville x malawi :)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This one, grown nicely with no N restriction because Im sure that affected this one a lot. Im curious to see the difference with her happily well fed.

deepwaterdude

Thanks guys. It was exactly 4 months from seed to harvest for the ones Ive got hanging.
I think the others won't be long. Thats only a few weeks longer than autos and these are tropical sativa hybrids :) The smells already are definitely connoisseur/coffee shop/head stash grade - there as those less common, weird, wonderful notes. Can't wait to trim and photograph them for this thread. Yes I think Im going to run at least one of these as a clone by itself soon so I will post it here when I do. I will just train 1 plant to fill a tent on her own so we can really see her. Its that super indica neville x malawi :)

View Image View Image View Image

This one, grown nicely with no N restriction because Im sure that affected this one a lot. Im curious to see the difference with her happily well fed.

Damn, seems like a good, and extremely potent choice!

Spaventa

Veteran
Damn, seems like a good, and extremely potent choice!

Really all comes down to aromas in the end but how well the little buds developed so fast despite being visibly unhappy, intrigues me. If it has interesting terpenes, I will run it to full genetic potential. I think i reached half its potential at best this time and it looks promising.

I'm starting Tikal tonight, new version. They will join the 3 Panama Haze in the other tent :)

Bumbatar

Some people may think that breeding up the potency of cannabis at this point is silly redundant pointless and unnecessary but breeding the potency up up up and up is still very valuable in the USA with our wacky cannabis laws! We have every extreme on the legal spectrum when it comes to cannabis from legal rec to over 10 years in prison for being caught with a small personal use amount for the third time "Louisiana" Many states in the USA have laws where cannabis flowers are a minor misdemeanor offense but hash or hash oil considered a major serious felony legal offense, Texas is one of them.

If they want to play their silly failing games by harshly punishing hash oil we can just smoke mega potent flowers that hit nearly as hard as a hash. There are just so many ways they can fail when waging war on this plant.

Spaventa

Veteran
Yeah I get that. If you are limited in the amount you can work with, you need to raise the efficiency with potent strains but you also want the right cannabinoids, in the right proportions. Ive had great strains for my mood, my appetite etc but they keep me up all night or taste crap. Then I find a strain that smashes me after half a joint and I just lose chunks of my life to the shit, cos it tastes nice lol

Latest posts

Latest posts