What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neville’s Haze x C5 Mango

ICGA

I think you’re thinking about the ones that I grew outside last year which was a sister to the indoor plant that I’m currently growing

Actually the old bulbs I need to replace with new bulbs and I have to buy 10 of them which is an unavoidable drawback to running HPS because that’s expensive

^I was just wondering what made the caylex to leaf ratio soooo good, hps usually pretty good but that picture is amazingly good ratio. Anything that easy to manicure is worth the extra time in my book lol

Last edited:

ICGA

gee for the modern-day that sounds pretty complex ,
should be able to just tick the box and press quote ,
funny it was way easier with the old format than the updated ,
its like we have gone one step forward and 2 steps back ....

to be honest i never thought of resorting back to how it was before the last software , hehehe ..
When I click on the text of a post to highlight it so I can copy and paste it, it gives me the option to quote that highlighted text but that's on my phone. Should work on the computer too tho

ICGA

View attachment 18068723 View attachment 18068722 For comparison here’s the original seed plant number five out of six sisters … this is the plant (above & below) that I continued and it’s the clones of which that I’m currently running View attachment 18068724
When your bulbs and reflectors get older bulbs loose the red color part of the spectrum first and reflectivity on hoods goes down like 10% per yearish. So the Photosythetically Active Radiation goes down over the life of your gear and the plants will slow down and yield less. Once the red light is diminished from the bulb they may ripen slower and have smaller caylex. Also cold air will raise ABA levels slowing growth.

ICGA

I am actually not entirely happy with the way this round is turning out , not quite sure what I did wrong ,but these are a lot looser & more runny with smaller calyx??
Sounds like a classic case of bulb getting older to me. After 2 or 3 grows you lose the spectrum. Some lamps have better color maintenance over time than others. Some companies have graphs of it.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
When I click on the text of a post to highlight it so I can copy and paste it, it gives me the option to quote that highlighted text but that's on my phone. Should work on the computer too tho
yes my post was before the recent update when the option you speak of wasnt available ,
now its nice and easy as you kindly pointed out... ,

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When your bulbs and reflectors get older bulbs loose the red color part of the spectrum first and reflectivity on hoods goes down like 10% per yearish. So the Photosythetically Active Radiation goes down over the life of your gear and the plants will slow down and yield less. Once the red light is diminished from the bulb they may ripen slower and have smaller caylex. Also cold air will raise ABA levels slowing growth.
Thank you for that information you convinced me to put the order in for 10 new HPS 1000 watt Hortilux bulbs..These ones are pretty old I just been hesitant to spend the money of course while they still work

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol ..Are usually just run them bulbs to death and then keep the old ones for back up when I do finally get new ones I got quite the collection of old bulbs lonely lying around another reason why I keep using them

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got them ordered
42F8AAE8-7B82-4BF0-B597-005E574A2383.jpeg

ICGA

Thank you for that information you convinced me to put the order in for 10 new HPS 1000 watt Hortilux bulbs..These ones are pretty old I just been hesitant to spend the money of course while they still work
No problem Hortilux has pretty good spectrum for hps. This one's even better but you get more leaf so best to put one in between the hps. It runs on a 600w hps ballast has a decent life span and color maintenance, runs only on core and coil hps ballast.

EYE HORTILUX BLUE METAL HALIDE BULB, 600 WATTS - 5,000 K​

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No problem Hortilux has pretty good spectrum for hps. This one's even better but you get more leaf so best to put one in between the hps. It runs on a 600w hps ballast has a decent life span and color maintenance, runs only on core and coil hps ballast.

EYE HORTILUX BLUE METAL HALIDE BULB, 600 WATTS - 5,000 K​

Only time I’ve ever used metal halide ( only recently) been used for vegging

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
We tried running checkerboard CMH and HPS but the HPS only was superior..maybe buds a little prettier under the blue white/orange but go with a light meter under them and difference is clear..HPS give out more light, more light means more bud..if your grow is dialed in. We went back to HPS only and more yield..

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We tried running checkerboard CMH and HPS but the HPS only was superior..maybe buds a little prettier under the blue white/orange but go with a light meter under them and difference is clear..HPS give out more light, more light means more bud..if your grow is dialed in. We went back to HPS only and more yield..
And I know you grow big ;) I’ve been HPS since 1997 and I’ve never seen the need to change…side note I’ve watched the LED industry grow and grow and grow and see more people go over and over and I don’t like what I see Although I do understand why many people use them… usually about temperature control &the efficiency of the electrical usage & yes they work but the buds are generally inferior to HPS (at least to my eyes) I’ve given local guys clones from my plants and basically their tent grows with LED produce flowers that are almost unrecognizable to the parent plants … they always seem more compact and more golf ball like…I don’t know I could be wrong:dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts