What's new

Never Open the Door! How to Prepare Yourself

HUGE

Veteran
When I was younger I had some cops beat the shut outta me then threaten to bury me in the desert. Then choked my friend unconscious while administering a breathalyze. We filed a complaint including handprint bruises on my buddy neck. End result was the got a flag in their file. That's it. Harrasemwnt continued unhindered. O and we were both under 18.

supermanlives

Veteran
i have a security door on the outside . so i can open and talk and they cant get in. works for me. otherwise i would go out my back door ,hide my keys and walk around to the front door.i got my mj papers from doc so i aint really worried. i might even smoke a joint while talking to them. cops dont intimidate me

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Yeah I agree, "never open your door".

Unfortunately, it never does go down that way...
The nazi bastard calling the shots has S.W.A.T., DEA, B.A.T.F., U.S. Customs, and the funckin FB of suckin I across the street with guns aimed at your windows then they shoot your dog/s, arrest your spouse/parents and kids while they are playing polite through your locked door.

Then the grenades and doors explode, the lights go out and you wake up in front of a pretend judge pleading for bail.

3 to 6 weeks later your court appointed attorney finally gets approved for jail visitation and is able to inform you that she just got married and is going to be on her honeymoon for the next 30-60 days, but that she asked for a continuance from the court so everything is okay. Also, your wife is undergoing marital counseling so she can petition the family court for custody of your 3 children pending the outcome of the divorce that CPS has forced her to file since your arrest. If you agree to the divorce and attached restraining order; which prevents you from ever seeing your family again (or pleading guilty) then at least your children will be able to remain in the family.

Flowers sure look pretty in the pictures... It's too bad that in real life there are so many bees.

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
if you are a grower living in an apartment and like to jam the tunes at 4am and/or scream like someone getting killed maybe you need to evalulate your path in life,

AGBeer

I know in my locality the police can record the audio picked up by their radios; I have no idea how often they do this. It's not going to help you if you describe a completely different set of events than what the audio picked up.

And on this note, know that the cops are going to be watching you watching them. You remember when the 'dash cams' came out? Now they are standard issue on every police cruiser - not only for their safety, but to have another witness in a court of law. I know several officers that actually have AUDIO MICROPHONES (you know the little mini ones) attached to their uniform and recording at all times when it comes to contact with the general public. You know that miranda they read you? (Namely the part about) Anything you say, CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you in a court of law. These recording devices arent to help keep you any safer.

igrowone

Veteran
And on this note, know that the cops are going to be watching you watching them. You remember when the 'dash cams' came out? Now they are standard issue on every police cruiser - not only for their safety, but to have another witness in a court of law. I know several officers that actually have AUDIO MICROPHONES (you know the little mini ones) attached to their uniform and recording at all times when it comes to contact with the general public. You know that miranda they read you? (Namely the part about) Anything you say, CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you in a court of law. These recording devices arent to help keep you any safer.

that is damn interesting, may not be bad thing entirely
one of the big problems is dirty cops that don't play by the rules, an audio record could help you too, especially if you know your rights
the 'he let me in' may not be so believable with a recording of your voice saying 'please show me your warrant'

NorthernBigBuds

Filing a false report is a crime and not a good idea in general. I know in my locality the police can record the audio picked up by their radios; I have no idea how often they do this. It's not going to help you if you describe a completely different set of events than what the audio picked up.

First of all, its important that you understand the difference between embellishment and fabrication. Cops will do both, but I'm only willing to do the former.

Second of all, as per my advice, I will be ready to record the audio myself next time this happens. It is the cops in my case who should be afraid of the recording. I was polite and respectful the entire time whereas the cops were verbally abusive using foul language.

NorthernBigBuds

When they knocked on the door and someone that does live there opened it he allowed the police to see me and that was their probable cause that I actually was there. My son slamming the door on their faces made it worse and increased the merits of probable cause. If we had not answered the door I would not have been arrested.

If the person who lived there knew better, he could have found out from the cops why they were there without opening the door.

I was trying to figure out why the cops were at my door the wrong way. You cannot ask a cop a simple question, they will respond with a question. However, if you offer the cop what they want in return for the answer you seek, you'll get your information. I will say exactly this, the next time they insist on the door being open before giving me the purpose of their visit.

"Just tell me what you want to talk about, and I'll think about opening the door."

Never forget, if they are investigating you criminally, their purpose is to GAIN ENTRY! Once they give you the reason for their visit, then you can dismiss it, and end the conversation.

They have nothing left. Don't be afraid of pissing off cops. You cannot control their reaction to you exercising your rights. You have not done anything wrong people!

Are lawyers afraid of the cops that they question on the stand? No, and neither should you be at your front door. Lawyers are "protected" by the regulations of the Court, whereas you are "protected" by your door, and hopefully your recording of the encounter. You need to act as your own lawyer in the moments before you actually need one.

To a cop, if you have no record you're just a criminal who hasn't been caught yet.

In 2011, in the city I live in, you have to protect yourself from the Police, not trust them. If you're under 35, wearing Nikes or a hat, you're fucked. If you drive a Merc and wear a suit, it's all good.

Fuck, if I drove a Mercedes I'd smoke with the windows up all the time :)

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I bought one of these as soon as I saw them on Wally-World's web page.
img-51f45151-f7ad-41da-ad2f-f54524248700.jpg.250x.jpeg

Mount the camera so it isn't obvious and can monitor your front door. I mounted another to watch my back yard too cause that is where I have to park.

M

Milhouse

Regarding the police wearing mics, I know i just read an article where Police depts are doing a trial with uniform cameras!! The officers have to wear a pin sized camera recording audio and video. I will try to find the link to the story.

AGBeer

Im tellin ya. Just be a fly on the wall at some of the cop forums as well. They arent always as 'forthcoming' as people here can be with their shit, but there can be some good information learned there from time to time.

Id be willing to bet that they have their people lurking here amongst other places.

toasted1

good read :good:
a intercom system sounds like a good thing to have and would make them less curious as to why u would talk thru ur door ;) with the intercom they can have a clear convo with u without knowing exactly where u r n the house so u could say "im takin a shit what u want" and not sound like u just dont wanna open the door cuz ur got sumtin to hide :2cents: they say thell wait well guess what" i got it commin out both ends and dont think ill b outta the bathroom for a long time ":moon:

they can be found wireless and pretty cheap
http://www.intercomsonline.com/900MHz-Outdoor-Wireless-Intercom-p/uws-nt.htm

stay safe
:smokey:

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
"Id be willing to bet that they have their people lurking here amongst other places."

I'd be sure of it - so send a message. Here's one just for them...

:moon: Go Do Something Useful! :moon:

BTW, as mentoned above for knocks - caller ID works good. (cameras)

Peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only question I have is my home the front door is a sliding door and I leave the blinds open all day if they come then they could see me sitting there watching TV. After I ask what they want and they tell me to just open the door and i say I have nothing else to discuss with you should I close the blinds and just not respond any further?

Last edited:

Vegan

Finally,, your location is compromised and must be shut down immediately and discreetly for your safety. A cop with a tip who is shut down at the door ( gets way pissed btw and) WILL decide to supeana your power usage and combine the two bits of info; generally sufficient for a warrant. Do you know what is recquired to obtain a warrant in your jurisdiction?

Never Open the Door!

There NBB if fixed it for you..if you get a knock and you power bill are even a bit high LEO can get a affidavit signed by some judge who owes him, they get in without breakin anything down and if they like what they find theygo with it , if they dont like what they found they seal it ..either way , LEO want to look in ye pad they will..

Latest posts

Latest posts