What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada "REGULATION OF MARIJUANA INITIATIVE"

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
NiteTiger said:
Votings Nov. 7th.

I told the wife we may be moving to Nevada in November :D
word up vegas baby lol, vegas isnt to bad of a place anyways i went to high school there in the 70's. at 17 joined the army left and went to germany for 3yr :yummy: germany early 80's= :yummy: all kinds of hashish :joint:

Jahkaya

I am excited to see the results of both of these. Between Colorado, Nevada, Texas(Kinky Friedman) and the MMJ in South Dakota, there are many states that are opening up to the idea that the herb is not what it was demonized for.

I can't help to think that at least two of the four will win. With Kinky in office, Decrim will happen in the next four years in TX.

I think Tvert is the better speaker between him and Neal Levine(NV) but I almost hope that the Tax and regulate passes as it is a better solution than just to legalize up to one ounce.

regardless I am anxiously awaiting Nov. 8.

Maybe BC will come up with a sensible solution like Nevada as soon as the Tories get out of office.

Prohibition - Falling like dominoes.

G

Thats all kewl but from what Master Thai heard it will take around 2 yrs to put into effect,that being said and its nevada, Master Thai not holding his breath over this, if gibbons and heller are elected you can be sure it wont go into effect if those 2 are in place, remember about heller on the last elections about the pot law then and the insurance law, and people there want him in ??? another crook ???, opp's a do gooder is more like it,
and Jim Gibbons ????
Oh jez lou-ezz !
another federal (republican ) in office NV will suck for sure.
all Master Thai has to say to those people there Good Luck ur going to need it.
peace,
Master Thai ;-)

G

is it just me or does state legalization mean absolutely nothing when the federal government has got every state by the balls? We've seen it in california and every where else.... FUCK THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT... FUCK YOU D.E.A. :asskick:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Master Thai said:
Thats all kewl but from what Master Thai heard it will take around 2 yrs to put into effect,that being said and its nevada, Master Thai not holding his breath over this, if gibbons and heller are elected you can be sure it wont go into effect if those 2 are in place, remember about heller on the last elections about the pot law then and the insurance law, and people there want him in ??? another crook ???, opp's a do gooder is more like it,
and Jim Gibbons ????
Oh jez lou-ezz !
another federal (republican ) in office NV will suck for sure.
all Master Thai has to say to those people there Good Luck ur going to need it.
peace,
Master Thai ;-)

From the regulatemarijuana.com forums (CRCM's website)

metal420

Thanks for your replies, but I have one more question. Once the people vote for Question 7 and win, where does the initiative go from there. Is there some other thing that needs to pass it to be official or is it official once This vote takes place on November 7?

pkillen

After the initiative passes on November 7, it will go into law when the Governor and the State Supreme Court officially certify the canvassed general election results on November 28.

Patrick Killen
Director of Communications
Committee to Regulate and Control Marijuana

primalfuture
That and the Department of Taxation will need to come up with the procedures for licensing retailers and wholesalers. Should they fail to do so within 90 days of receiving an application, applicants licensed as retailers and wholesalers of tobacco would automatically be deemed to be retailers and wholesalers for the purpose of the initiative.

It is important to note that the procedures adopted by the Department of Taxation will be very important to the protection of wholesalers from arrest by federal authorities. While the procedures adopted will not provide a federal defense to prosecution, they COULD make it more difficult to identify and prosecute wholesalers. Obviously, procedures allowing greater anonymity would be preferred by wholesalers for this reason. Unfortunately, there is an inherent tension between the need to enforce the collection of tax revenues and a goal of greater anonymity for wholesalers.

Should this initiative pass, supporters of the measures should closely follow the actions of the Department of Taxation in regards to its licensing of retailers and wholesalers as well as the measures it uses to enhance the and enforce tax collection.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
buffalosouljah said:
is it just me or does state legalization mean absolutely nothing when the federal government has got every state by the balls? We've seen it in california and every where else.... FUCK THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT... FUCK YOU D.E.A. :asskick:
yes very true the feds will play the trump card every now and then but them places in cali still operate dont they even after there raidad. they restock reopen and life gose on till the next round of games in nevada i say let them games begin. master thai i know all about nevada's crooked politicians used to be mafia now its corperate when it comes down to it they love money. where talkn about a state government that likes given themselves 300% pay raises then lets do the budget ppl lmao. a 45$ per oz tax {and is in the law to be passed} would provide several million dollars a yr tax revenue for the state for sure. of which half would go into drug treatment and anti drug stuff and the other half gose into the general state fund, of which money for schools roads and other projects and pay raises are derived from. also wholesalers/retailers distrubutor would pay a 1,000$ annual tax a we card 21 and over just like booze approach we'll see :)

Last edited: