What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada "REGULATION OF MARIJUANA INITIATIVE"

http://www.regulatemarijuana.org/home/06init

I dont know if anyone posted this, but if it passes, im moving to Nevada!

Ill quote a part of it for those who dont like clicking linkgs:

"THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEVADA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

Section 1. Title 40 of NRS is hereby amended by adding thereto a new chapter consisting of the provisions set forth as sections 2 to 12, inclusive, of this act.

Sec. 2. As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, the words and terms defined in sections 3 to 7, inclusive, of this act have the meanings ascribed to them in those sections.

Sec. 3. “Marijuana” means a plant of the genus Cannabis or its product, but the term does not include hashish.

Sec. 4. “Marijuana paraphernalia” means objects used, intended for use, or designed for use in ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing marijuana into the human body.

Sec. 5. “Retailer” means an establishment licensed pursuant to sections 15 to 28, inclusive, of this act to purchase marijuana from a wholesaler and to sell marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia to the customer.

Sec. 6. “State prosecution” means prosecution initiated or maintained by the State of Nevada or an agency or political subdivision of the State of Nevada.

Sec. 7. “Wholesaler” means an establishment licensed pursuant to sections 15 to 28, inclusive, of this act to cultivate, prepare, package and sell marijuana to a retailer or another wholesaler, but not to sell marijuana to the customer or general public.

Sec. 8. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter:

1. A person who is 21 years of age or older and who acts in compliance with the provisions of this chapter is exempt from arrest, civil or criminal penalty, seizure or forfeiture of assets, discipline by any state or local licensing board and state prosecution for the following acts:

(a) Possession or use of one ounce or less of marijuana.

(b) Possession or use of marijuana paraphernalia.

(c) Transfer of one ounce or less of marijuana without remuneration to a person who is 21 years of age or older.

(d) Aiding and abetting another person who is 21 years of age or older in the possession or use of one ounce or less of marijuana.

(e) Aiding and abetting another person who is 21 years of age or older in the possession or use of marijuana paraphernalia.

(f) Any combination of the acts described in paragraphs (a) to (e), inclusive.

2. A retailer or any person who is 21 years of age or older and acting in his capacity as an owner, employee or agent of a retailer who acts in compliance with the provisions of this chapter is exempt from arrest, civil or criminal penalty, seizure or forfeiture of assets, discipline by any state or local licensing board and state prosecution for the following acts:

(a) Possession of marijuana.

(b) Possession of marijuana paraphernalia.

(c) Purchasing or selling marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia.

(d) Aiding and abetting any person who is 21 years of age or older in the possession or use of one ounce or less of marijuana.

(e) Aiding and abetting any person who is 21 years of age or older in the possession or use of marijuana paraphernalia.

3. A wholesaler or any person who is 21 years of age or older and acting in his capacity as an owner, employee or agent of a wholesaler who acts in compliance with the provisions of this chapter is exempt from arrest, civil or criminal penalty, seizure or forfeiture of assets, discipline by any state or local licensing board and state prosecution for the following acts:

(a) Cultivating, packing, processing, transporting or manufacturing marijuana.

(b) Possession of marijuana.

(c) Selling marijuana to a retailer or a wholesaler.

(d) Purchasing marijuana from a wholesaler.

(e) Aiding and abetting any person who is 21 years of age or older in the possession or use of one ounce or less of marijuana.

4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 5, in a prosecution for selling, giving or otherwise furnishing marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia to any person who is under 21 years of age, it is a complete defense if:

(a) The person who sold, gave or otherwise furnished marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia to a person who is under 21 years of age was a retailer or was acting in his capacity as an owner, employee or agent of a retailer at the time the marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia was sold, given or otherwise furnished to the person; and

(b) Immediately before selling, giving or otherwise furnishing marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia to a person who is under 21 years of age, the person who sold, gave or otherwise furnished the marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia was shown a document which appeared to be issued by an agency of a federal, state or local government and which indicated that the person to whom the marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia was sold, given or otherwise furnished was 21 years of age or older at the time the marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia was sold, given or otherwise furnished to the person."

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
did you read that i do believe las vegas has way more then 700,000 ppl triple that my sis live's there lmao. heck bet they have 700,000 ilegals

G

I saw a piece on CNN today about religeous leaders in Nevada getting behind it..
I still smelled a lack of enthusiasm by CNN tho. they didnt give it much time or really much info at all on the story, more like a 15 second filler because they need something to put in that spot. all i caught was a name of a church printed with an interviewees name and i forget it now. something Lutheran.

I think we need a room that discusses and tracks the treatment of the issue by the PRESS. i still say its they that screw us alot by routinley keeping their noses up LEO's butt.
theres alot of people that depend on the press to tell them what to think and fairness levels in reporting
fall short.

G

they showed a piece along with it about a club grower got busted and some dim wit cop preaching about how its a gateway drug..like he has a clue. funny i didnt see him preaching how tobacco is too. that gateway theory is baloney imho. cops should get sued for preaching outside their qualifications.
its an abuse of their position. report THAT cnn.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you sativen. If you think about it, the first drug most people experience in their childhood is caffine! It's the origional gateway drug imo.

Allusive

WillyD: What are you worried about? Nobody is going to know you donated except maybe Paypal, and with millions of customers, nothing is going to happen. Besides, donating to them isn't illegal in any way.

I have been spending a lot but im going to donate some money. This is so amesome. I acutally planned on moving to vegas because I am a professional poker player and that is the biggest market. And the stupid online stuff going on too.
I really really hope they pass it, there campaign looks awesome. They are bringing up tons of good reasons. I mean they spend like what 40 mil a year for "criminal pot smokers" when they could be making money from pot!!!!!!!! I mean that alone is a pretty good reasons. Instead they give youth ppl the chance to make lots of money illegally. And since its illegal and there freedom is on the line, ppl will tend to get violent.

To be honest, I had a dream. Growing up ive always been interested in busiess and thats what i focused on until poker. But thats another reason why i make money at it is because of the business skills. Just like an other stoner my dream is to own/operator a "coffeshop". Another passion of mine is music. music would be a must. But, basically I have this vision for awhile. amsterdam would be impossible for me unless i found a dutch business parnter so I have always invisioned it in vegas since thats where i want to move and also they have been getting close for pot being legal or atleast decriminalized. Enough rambling on, lots of research needs to be done.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
r they gonna have shootouts with the feds to uphold state law, when the feds say its still illegal whatever the state says and bust you anyway i dont think so somehow so its still the same for u in us

Allusive

Harry Gypsna said:
r they gonna have shootouts with the feds to uphold state law, when the feds say its still illegal whatever the state says and bust you anyway i dont think so somehow so its still the same for u in us
I agree bigtime. IMHO the only way cannabis prohibition will end in America is if the legalization orgs do what MADD did and hire powerful lobby groups at the federal level, and fund them up the ass. The schedules are the problem, the over-reaching power of the executive.

However, donate what you can, I can only afford 30 bucks at the moment, but anything is better than nothing!

:smoweed:

aeric

Veteran
It is easier to create a new, more severe penalty than to get rid of an old one. The nice thing about this measure is the Tax...this gives more incentive for the local/state governement to back it. Watch their eyes bug out when they see how much tax revenue they get and they will do eveything they can to fight the feds. Just a guess I'm not a political expert. I saw the CNN thing too and was delighted by what the preacher said.

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
fighting the FEDS is nothing new to nevada yucca moutain is 1 fight, canibis could be another.

if you live in nevada and are registered to vote, vote to legalize MJ this yr

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
vote yes on question #7 if your registered to vote in nevada, allow nevada to legalize 1oz your vote can and will count

decriminalized.

that was done 4yrs ago 27g or less is a misdomeaner, 6 or 8yrs ago med mj was voted on 2 yr l8r was ratified into law, hence the new misdomeaner not felony in nevada http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4550

Last edited:

froth

It will be interesting to see how the respective campaigns in nevada and colorado turn out because they are based on different platforms..

From my understanding the SAFER initiative in colorado is based more on the idea that marijuana is a safer drug than alcohol and so on and so on (we all know the deal and reasons) so marijuana should be legal just like alcohol.. and the nevada initiative seems to be more about regulating the plant and ganja throughout the state and making some scrill from the whole deal.

Two different directions taken. We shall see which one is more appealing to the general public, which includes more than just stoners.

Latest posts

Latest posts