What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

ToastedHoagie

Yo! Progressing into week 6, resin production is good, smells very sweet, almost pastry cake like terps. Is the caramelized terpene profile a more sweetened note or a cooked onion vibe? Because that's what I get on the backend of a rub on a sugar leaf. Subtle grilled onion backnotes lol. Anyways it smells bomb, and I cant wait to make some hash out of this girl.

Attachments

• photo2115148.jpg
    photo2115148.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 186
  • photo2115149.jpg
    photo2115149.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 186
  • photo2115150.jpg
    photo2115150.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 176

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks indeed delicious orangina :yummy: Glad you to hear you have grown a few NJ and that you have enjoyed with the outcome.
Really happy to see you are experiencing lately so many different ACE genetics :abduct:

Hi ToastedHoagie, thanks also for sharing pics of your NJ so advanced into flowering. Sweet creamy pastry terp profiles are the most common in NJ line, especially in Nepalese phenos like yours.

Thanks for your contribution wutwut, is a clone from a NJ plant you previously flowered and was already shown here ?
The flowers in your last post with those long and thin pistils look more Jamaican influenced than the NJ you posted previously which looked more Nepalese dom.

orangina

Veteran
dubi yea I grew several NepaleseJams but also some of its hybrids. I really like it’s landrace smells, but also the strong terpy floral aroma. Also the high is really nice. It is a very kind weed I‘d say.
NJ seems to be great for Sativa outcrosses. I wonder whether you considered crossing it with a Thai or New Caledonia?
I really liked the Zamal Bliss and Zamaldelica X NJ. I also liked the Honduras Breeze, but the other two crosses appealed more to me. Crossing the NJ with a blueberry sativa male is one project I‘d like to realise this year.
cheers O..

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Thanks for your contribution wutwut, is a clone from a NJ plant you previously flowered and was already shown here ?
The flowers in your last post with those long and thin pistils look more Jamaican influenced than the NJ you posted previously which looked more Nepalese dom.

yes, it's exact same plant! i am curious of what it will offer this time. i've readen that a cannabis plant might take long time to show it's full potency. it was about 9 weeks pheno, and it had a lot of branches. so after pruning she became bushy and big plant. i was growing her in 5 gal pot, but currently she has only 2 gal one.
for clones she roots easily and it seems to be healthy plant in overall, i mean, i haven't taken that much care of her, but she still grows like in the beginning.
for smoke she was good, not the strongest one - either not weakest, but just good enough for my needs. perfect for relaxing in sunny summer day, but also fits well with exercising.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi wutwut it's always interesting to flower same mother at least a few times until fully understand the genetics, how it behaves under different growing variables and to reach its full potential. Glad you are enjoying with the Nepal Jam flowers in your afternoons ;)

Thanks for your suggestions orangina you know well Nepal Jam genetics, also in hybrids, so your recommendations are much appreciated.
To be honest, i worked hard a few years ago on Nepal Jam to improve the line and to develop some new hybrids such as Red Sapphire, Honduras Breeze, Zamal Bliss, etc .... i moved to other projects after that, hopefully we can work again on some interesting new NJ hybrids. I encourage growers to make themselves ACE combinations we have not produced yet and that could be interesting, since to produce and test every single interesting possible combination is currently out of our possibilities.

ToastedHoagie

Hi everyone, late update but I ended up harvesting my plant and washing it for hash, the yield wasn't particularly good but the result was delicious! Pastry cake terps coated my mouth for minutes after smoking. Such a treat!

Attachments

• 20220331_165919.jpg
    20220331_165919.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 222
  • 20220330_170120.jpg
    20220330_170120.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
  • 20220330_090631.jpg
    20220330_090631.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
  • 20220325_141652.jpg
    20220325_141652.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
  • 20220323_174050_2.jpg
    20220323_174050_2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 267
  • 20220313_165612.jpg
    20220313_165612.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
Hi everyone, late update but I ended up harvesting my plant and washing it for hash, the yield wasn't particularly good but the result was delicious! Pastry cake terps coated my mouth for minutes after smoking. Such a treat!
I also had a good experience washing Nepal Jam, similar taste and mouth coating property. The very delicate flavor reminds me of high purity THC A (if you've ever re-pressed some rosin after nucleation of the THC). This leads me to wonder if it's a very pure THC chemotype without many waxes or not-so-pleasant-to-smoke terpines.

Out of the bounty of Ace genetics I picked up (due to recently added seedbanks) I think the 5 Nepal Jam seeds will be my first to germinate in search of a hash-productive Ace cultivar.

If anyone else has experience washing this strain, I know at least I am curious to hear about it!

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
same clone that i found from 1 fem bonus seed. i like to grow her because she separate a lot from those other strains i have. very vigorous in veg and these buds are fattest in the tent. but somehow i don't choose her in to my base even occasionally, because it's mostly amnesia (core cut) or panama that i prefer, and in evening i like to vape bubba hash or something else 90%+ indica strain. i'm still excited to test this new crop of nepal jam (in hydro, under led).

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 135
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 136

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
same clone that i found from 1 fem bonus seed. i like to grow her because she separate a lot from those other strains i have. very vigorous in veg and these buds are fattest in the tent. but somehow i don't choose her in to my base even occasionally, because it's mostly amnesia (core cut) or panama that i prefer, and in evening i like to vape bubba hash or something else 90%+ indica strain. i'm still excited to test this new crop of nepal jam (in hydro, under led).
a couple of more photos of nepal jam, but for my mistake i'm not very sure about if that already trimmed one is NJ or something else.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 217
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
  • nj2.png
    nj2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 200
  • nj.png
    nj.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 221

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your new Nepal Jam harvest @wutwut :) Nepal Jam is a quite versatile smoke that can be enjoyed in the morning and afternoon, especially when you want a warm, noble and balanced effect that works great alone, but also in calm social moments, not like Amnesia which is much more intoxicating and darker psichologically speaking. Enjoy your harvest!

Luiggi

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well.

I have a nice feminized Nepal Jam in flowering which smells quite sweet. Not sure what yo say It smells like but sweet.

I would like to know your opinión about how far am I from harvest. How long would you say? I would say one more week aprox Not sure if this is closer to a jamaican líne or Nepal, but would say Nepal because of It having not so narrow leaves but seeming early flowering. s It?

I think It started flowering by mid august because of It showing first pistils at the end of august (I have always suposed It means two weeks of flowering)

IMG_20220829_162930.jpg
IMG_20220829_162934.jpg

Now It looks like this (4 days ago).
IMG_20220928_173503.jpg
img_20220928_183857-jpg.18763441

IMG_20220928_183850.jpg

IMG_20220928_173503.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220928_183857.jpg
    IMG_20220928_183857.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 666
  • IMG_20220928_173525.jpg
    IMG_20220928_173525.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20220829_162927.jpg
    IMG_20220829_162927.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
It all depends on how fast the plant is maturing. Personally I would give this plant another 10-14 days before I even think about harvest.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice chunky resinous outdoor Nepal jam flowers :) @Luiggi It's a quite balanced sativa/indica pheno. Love the vibes, terpenes and effects of guerrilla plants. I think she easily needs 7-10 days more of flowering since the pics were taken.

Thanks afghan for sharing yours (y) looks also like a balanced pheno.