What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
2 distinct phenos,NJ5 comes down in about four or five days.These gals are very very easy to live with.Still surprised at how fast these 100% Sativa gals finish.Fine work done by the fellas in Spain,just outstanding.Hats off to Dubi and your crew:tiphat:.All my best friends,be well and most of all be safe.

Edit:About half way through flowering gals got switched to a guano tea mix.Feeding all soil gals exclusively tea mixes from now on.Also working up an organic soil mix.Still learning whats what with the beneficial bacteria but IC is a great source of info.

Very impressive CharlesUFarley :tiphat: You really know how to grow our sativas indoors, thank you very much to share such great grow diaries.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a little update on our late beaut..

Hoping it matures sooner than later!

Looks like they are improving Kalbhairav, the leaf color is better now and looks like they are forming nice colas! Best wishes.

Very impressive CharlesUFarley :tiphat: You really know how to grow our sativas indoors, thank you very much to share such great grow diaries.

Thank you for your kind words my friend:).Still amazed at how quick these gals are,even though I am looking at them everyday its still hard to believe.Easy to grow,very manageable stretch, real solid yielder,great effects, not sure anyone could ask for more in a 100% Sativa.The only thing I am disappointed about is that it took me so long to find ACE/CBG and this group/collective of world class breeders.Well done my friends!

NJ5 Day 62 Chop

Attachments

• IMG_3947a.jpg
    IMG_3947a.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3952a.jpg
    IMG_3952a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3953.jpg
    IMG_3953.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 28

Seeker

Very nice looking plant with great yield for an 100% sativa Charles :)

Is this sativa so relaxing as the description says on the homepage, that it works as a sleep medicine while being 100% sativa?

I believe the traditional Nepal effect is more relaxing and comforting than most sativas, so this may be true to some folks?

Is this sativa so relaxing as the description says on the homepage, that it works as a sleep medicine while being 100% sativa?

I believe the traditional Nepal effect is more relaxing and comforting than most sativas, so this may be true to some folks?

Hello Seeker,Thank you for your kind words.I can tell you what I have experienced with a very small sample of NepJams.I wouldn't call any of the ones I have as sleep medicine.All the phenos were mood enhancing and motivating.The Nepal pheno did have a really nice body high that I suppose one could call soothing and nice but not sleepy like an indica.The Jamaican/Nep phenos were really pleasant,motivating and pretty strong.Have some tough choices coming up.Can't go wrong with these gals,very solid.Take care and be safe my friends.

The Hatter

Veteran
Despite burning the nepjam seedlings with overly rich organic soil they are some of the most vigorous little plants I have seen but the leaves are rather unusual on a couple of them.

They look almost like a ducksfoot indica here at week 2 with incredibly wide overlapping leaves. Is this normal or likely just a result of the early nute burn?

Halonium

Is the Cannabiogen and ACE seeds Nepal Jam the same?

I understood that the ACE Nep Jam is a 75% Nepal strain, so is the Cannabiogen version a 50% Nepal strain and if so, what is the major difference in effects and grow?

H

P

Peacer

I understood that the ACE Nep Jam is a 75% Nepal strain, so is the Cannabiogen version a 50% Nepal strain and if so, what is the major difference in effects and grow?

H
Ive had same question
Dubi says that NJ is from the SAME reproduction with cannabiogen. Ive had some seeds from CBG and some from ACE. all was this year earlier than last year (all the phenos) so i think its more nepal all now maybe...but who knows exactly...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi Seeker,

Nepalese Jam is not the raciest sativa from our catalogue but i wouldnt describe it as relaxed effect, must correct the english description of the strain ... most plants have a real nice balanced effect but others have a very motivating and strong effect.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

H

Hello Halonium,

Both ACE/CBG Nepalese Jam versions come from the same stock by now. It's more nepalese dominant (75 %).

The Hatter

Veteran
I have a couple of lovely Nep Jam plants which are about 3 weeks into 12/12 and I am curious how long they will typically stretch for?

One of the plants is the most vigorous I have ever seen and despite giving her only a month of veg she now stands almost as tall as I do. (I chose not to top her.) Long story made short. I am a little worried that she is going to keep stretching and cause some problems with her height. She is in the early stages of full flowering with beautiful little buds on the tip of every branch.

I think part of the problem is my 600w HPS flowering bulb blew out prematurely on week one of flowering and I have had them under a 400w MH for almost two weeks while I try and get the bulb replaced under warranty. Should I just eat the cost and buy a new 600w rather than keep waiting on the replacement to arrive?

Prest1

My China Yunnan, Nepalese Jam and Orient Express a ready to be smoked today! Nepalese Jam has some lovely purple hues and a fair amount of resin. The China Yunnan smells interesting, can't put my finger on the smell at the moment though.

The Hatter- I found my Nepalese Jam didn't stretch too bad. No plants went over 120cm (including 6.5L pot). All of the Nepalese Jam yielded above the average, but not any crazy individual yeild.

The Hatter

Veteran
Hmmm, mine are still stretching and I am heading into week 4 of flowering. I hope they stop soon. The super vigorous "problem child" is over 2 meters tall now. It literally towers over the SLH next to it. I have redesigned my light mounting system to accommodate the height but I will be in trouble if they grow more than about another 18 inches.

I really wish I had a mother box set up so I could have kept cuts from the super fast growing Nep Jam, the best OE and the Destroyer.

Those 3 plants are amazing. I should probably hold off with my praise for ACE and CBG until I am able to try the finished product but they are amazing looking plants so far and are beginning to frost up nicely.

I seriously underestimated their growth potential, since I based my estimates on past experience with other more main stream seed banks and strains which are always crossed with indicas. The few other people I know from the medical community simply aren't familiar with pure sativas at all, so much of the initial advice I was given about growing was ill suited for the strains I have.

This forum has been immensely helpful.

The Hatter

Veteran
I had to cut down my extra Nep Jam only about 4 weeks into flower in order to stay within the rules and I really wasn't expecting anything from the little tiny premature nugs I harvested, but I was pleasantly surprised. Smoking those little unfinished nugs feels like I'm pouring a ray of warm morning sunshine into my brain. Very clean and pleasant.

I can't wait to try out the full matured and cured nugs from the big plant in about another month or two.

baad1722

Ive noticed the same thing on three out of the four that I originally germinated in late december. They are moving much slower than the panama and purple haze. Recently I have started all the rest of the seeds so to see if this was just those three,are they certain phenos, because the one out of the four looks very normal... only time will tell but im very curious! Great work between Ace and Cannabigen to bring fresh genetics and some sativa creativity to the market.

The Hatter

Veteran
How well does Nep Jam take to re-vegging? I have a truly amazing individual that I was not able to clone and I would hate to lose her.

P

Peacer

How well does Nep Jam take to re-vegging? I have a truly amazing individual that I was not able to clone and I would hate to lose her.

its about conditions, but it takes more than month,, this is cut from september, revegged under small 90w led, now 3 weeks under hps and starting to flower :) three times lower branches came out :D i reccomend you 20/4 for two months 150w mh or so and it must be done ,-)

picture.php

The Hatter

Veteran
its about conditions, but it takes more than month,, this is cut from september, revegged under small 90w led, now 3 weeks under hps and starting to flower :) three times lower branches came out :D i reccomend you 20/4 for two months 150w mh or so and it must be done ,-)

View Image

Neat, thanks for the info. I don't think I would have attempted it without somebody saying they had done it successfully before.

I'm curious, can a plant be a decent mother after flowering and re-vegging or does it sort of mess up the flowering capacity of the clones for the rest of its life?

I figure even if it means she won't ever flower quite right again, I can still use her to make some seeds. I really am impressed with this plant. She has a tall open columnar structure with huge wide bladed fan leaves. The branch tips are covered in medium sized dense, frosty nugs and she's still weeks from finish. The most impressive thing about this girl is how tough and fast growing she is. She really sticks out, even in a room full of winners.

Assuming the final product is half as good as it looks, she's definitely worth a re-veg attempt.