What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Annapurna

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
PURE SATIVA FROM THE ANNAPURNA MOUNTAINSIDE, USED TO PRODUCE THE FAMOUS NEPALESE CHARAS

Pure sativa landrace from the slopes of Annapurna at more than 2000 metres altitude, which produces a classic and authentic wild Nepalese sativa phenotype: tall and lanky sativas with sticky, slender and flexible stems, which thrive in poor soils with very little cares and attentions, showing excellent resistance against mould, rain, wind, cold and strong temperature contrasts.

Its delicate and spongy flowers with small floral bracts and long pistils mature in moderate flowering times for a pure sativa (12-14 weeks), and acquire beautiful purple and pink colours at the end of flowering in low temperatures.

The locals rub their flowers with their bare hands from the second half of flowering onwards, so the hands get impregnated with resins, from which the famous Nepalese charas is produced: hashish of spicy and incensey aromas, sometimes slightly mentholated and fruity, which delivers a clean, refreshing, inspiring and spiritual effect that elevates the mind to the highest peaks of consciousness, and that for the quality of its effects and terpenes is considered as one of the best and finest hashishes in the cannabis world.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD FORMAT
P2 LANDRACE STRAIN
100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 12-14 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: END OF OCTOBER / EARLY NOVEMBER
YIELD / M2: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE -HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: AVERAGE -HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-45º
THC: 5-9 %
CBD: 0.5 %
CBG: 0.5 %
Terpene profile: It has not yet been analyzed.

GENETICS: 2nd generation Nepalese pure sativa.
STRUCTURE: Tall, elegant and flexible sativa structure, thin stems, long internode length and lanky branching.
BOUQUET: Spicy, woody, mountain aromatic herbs, hashish, incense, sometimes fruity (strawberry, lemon, watermelon) and with hints of eucalyptus and mint.
HIGH: Mild psychoactivity of moderate duration, with excellent sativa qualities: clean, balanced, refreshing, inspiring and spiritual, not at all aggressive, and without producing tiredness, lethargy or other undesired side effects.

CULTIVATION TIPS

It can be grown indoors with enough space for its development. We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days.

Very suitable for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.
Outdoors it can be grown up to latitude 45º, both in hot climates and in climates where the flowering takes place with rain and low temperatures. Excellent resistance against botrytis fungi, rain, wind, cold and strong thermal contrasts.

We recommend low-moderate levels of nutrients for the growing stage, moderate of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

Attachments

• Nepal Annapurna.jpg
    Nepal Annapurna.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 426
  • Nepal Annapurna3.jpg
    Nepal Annapurna3.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 378
  • Nepal Annapurna6.jpg
    Nepal Annapurna6.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Nepal Annapurna4.jpg
    Nepal Annapurna4.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Nepal Annapurna7.jpg
    Nepal Annapurna7.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 439
  • Nepal Annapurna5.jpg
    Nepal Annapurna5.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 446

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's been a long time since i wanted to work on the preservation of pure wild nepalese sativas.

The seeds of this strain were collected more than a decade ago from plants growing wild in one of the Annapurna's mountainside at more than 2000 metres altitude.

Seeds from 3 different spots in the same mountainside were collected and grown together indoors to reproduce them and evaluate them. All 3 lines produced very similar expressions, being obviously subpopulations of the same strain, so after discard all the plants with hermie tendencies, females and males from the 3 lines were open pollinated indoors to ensure a healthy genetic diversity in this released P2 second generation.

This pure landrace strain will be officially released in a few weeks, once we finish with the last germination tests, i will keep you updated once it is finally available.

Special thanks to Stephen for recently donating us new Nepal Annapurna seeds from latest years which will be included in upcoming Annapurna breeding projects.

The reproduction of this pure Nepalese Annapurna and the reproduction of Nepal Mist (Nepalese Kathmandu x Old Kali Mist) hybrid happened almost at the same time last year, so we also have produced Annapurna x Nepal Mist F2 regular seeds and Nepal Mist F2 x Annapurna regular seeds, which both will be included in our upcoming and updated 2020 R+D section for further research and evaluation.

Hope you enjoy this year with all our new Nepalese releases! ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Geez those two first pictures, that's some motherfuckin trees...

Some wild shit indeed :biggrin:

And I was just thinking of getting some Asian genetics for a change of scenery after those latest central American strains, isn't that lovely :)

Speaking of American... I met someone at climbing who got some seeds from Argentina sativa through a friend who went there. If I see him there again and if you ever interested, I can probably ask for some seeds.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
A friend of mine who was just here was telling me about a trip he made to Nepal 14 years ago. We were talking about cannabis world and how ACE made their missions to preserve as many landraces and heirlooms as possible. Then I showed him this strain and told me he actually smoked some hashish from Annapurna and that it was an amazing experience and excellence smoke. Now, he definitely peaked my interest to grow this strain.

So, any idea when it will be back in stock? :)

ratchy

PURE SATIVA FROM THE ANNAPURNA MOUNTAINSIDE, USED TO PRODUCE THE FAMOUS NEPALESE CHARAS

Pure sativa landrace from the slopes of Annapurna at more than 2000 metres altitude, which produces a classic and authentic wild Nepalese sativa phenotype: tall and lanky sativas with sticky, slender and flexible stems, which thrive in poor soils with very little cares and attentions, showing excellent resistance against mould, rain, wind, cold and strong temperature contrasts.

Its delicate and spongy flowers with small floral bracts and long pistils mature in moderate flowering times for a pure sativa (12-14 weeks), and acquire beautiful purple and pink colours at the end of flowering in low temperatures.

The locals rub their flowers with their bare hands from the second half of flowering onwards, so the hands get impregnated with resins, from which the famous Nepalese charas is produced: hashish of spicy and incensey aromas, sometimes slightly mentholated and fruity, which delivers a clean, refreshing, inspiring and spiritual effect that elevates the mind to the highest peaks of consciousness, and that for the quality of its effects and terpenes is considered as one of the best and finest hashishes in the cannabis world.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD FORMAT
P2 LANDRACE STRAIN
100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 12-14 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: END OF OCTOBER / EARLY NOVEMBER
YIELD / M2: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE -HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: AVERAGE -HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-45º
THC: 5-9 %
CBD: 0.5 %
CBG: 0.5 %
Terpene profile: It has not yet been analyzed.

GENETICS: 2nd generation Nepalese pure sativa.
STRUCTURE: Tall, elegant and flexible sativa structure, thin stems, long internode length and lanky branching.
BOUQUET: Spicy, woody, mountain aromatic herbs, hashish, incense, sometimes fruity (strawberry, lemon, watermelon) and with hints of eucalyptus and mint.
HIGH: Mild psychoactivity of moderate duration, with excellent sativa qualities: clean, balanced, refreshing, inspiring and spiritual, not at all aggressive, and without producing tiredness, lethargy or other undesired side effects.

CULTIVATION TIPS

It can be grown indoors with enough space for its development. We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days.

Very suitable for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.
Outdoors it can be grown up to latitude 45º, both in hot climates and in climates where the flowering takes place with rain and low temperatures. Excellent resistance against botrytis fungi, rain, wind, cold and strong thermal contrasts.

We recommend low-moderate levels of nutrients for the growing stage, moderate of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.
stunning :thank you:

paisajedehierba

Dubi,
would you consider Nepal Annapurna producing a balanced % between male and female? Or is it more likely comparable to (for example) Zamaldelica standart … producing in average more females?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba,

We found a quite balanced female/male ratio in this Annapurna Nepalese sativa.

In my experience, non tropical landrace sativa populations usually produce more balanced female/male ratios, while the very tropical landrace populations are the ones with very high female ratios.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Schwinn Simpson,

The very Nepalese Nepal Mist phenos leaning towards the Nepalese Kathmandu produce a very similar outcome (beahviour, size, growing and flower structure, terpenes, personality, effects, ...) to the pure Annapurna, but with a bit more of yield, resins and punch. Thanks for your interest!

Starting outdoor seed run

Starting outdoor seed run

I scarified 9 Annapurna seeds with sandpaper and started them to germinate in paper towels.

I plan to start in 4" containers then plant outdoors in the ground when they have rooted to the bottom of the containers. Not going directly in the ground, as my garden is kinda scary for a seedling, it has tons of insect life, both good and bad. One of my early starts this year has been in flower for about four weeks and is a battleground between aphids, lady bugs, lacewings, spiders and assassin bugs. The aphids are present but kept in check by the predators.

I'm hoping to hold them under 4' untopped with the late start, I'd like to get a sense of their structure undisturbed. I'm going to let them set seed with an open pollination so that should also help keep the size down. Also, I like seeded herb, it slows down the pot fiends in my household, and it reminds of the herb from the 70's

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Serrated Margin :wave:

Glad to know your about to start with your Nepal Annapurna grow. They won't grow so tall being planted so late in the season, please keep us updated, eager to see more reports from growers about this new landrace release.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Here we go :)

attachment.php

The Annapurna x Nepal Mist had a rough start. First seed vanished in soil, second took almost a week to crack soil. My impatience almost killed the second one when I dig gently to find out if seed was still alive... Broke root bud, found it a couple days later above ground with cotyledons inside and second part of said bud still in soil but luckily had enough of it for apical bud to start growing right away.

Let's hope I get two female to grow alongside Orient Express and Kali China this autumn/winter :)

The reproduction of this pure Nepalese Annapurna and the reproduction of Nepal Mist (Nepalese Kathmandu x Old Kali Mist) hybrid happened almost at the same time last year, so we also have produced Annapurna x Nepal Mist F2 regular seeds and Nepal Mist F2 x Annapurna regular seeds, which both will be included in our upcoming and updated 2020 R+D section for further research and evaluation.

Attachments

• P1010559.jpg
    P1010559.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 154
I scarified 9 Annapurna seeds with sandpaper and started them to germinate in paper towels.

Correction there's 11 seeds, I did not count the seeds, there were supposed to be 10 but there were 12. Thanks Ace seeds!

One seed was crushed when I tried cracking the seed shell, for me sandpaper is much more controllable for scarification.

So far 8 of 11 have germinated. These seeds are noticeably smaller than most cannabis seeds I have seen. I assumed they may be harder to germinate, the pictures on Ace's website look like they are almost growing wild, plus with the high altitude I assume winter can be cold. So, stratification, scarification and warm germinating temperatures resulted in rapid germination.:plant grow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you have 2 seedlings going of the new Annapurna x Nepal Mist cross, thanks a lot for giving it a try Benoit! :)

Serrated Margin, no need to scarify these seeds, they are very fresh so they should germinate just following classic germination procedures, planting them directly in the soil or with the paper towel method. Anyway, glad most of them have germinated well ;) please keep us updated!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
It's actually one of each (NA x NM and NM x NA) :). Just clarifying if you didn't understood it that way. The cross with Nepal Mist as mom seems to be faster to germinate and more vigorous as well. Or maybe I just fucked up, who knows... :p

Glad you have 2 seedlings going of the new Annapurna x Nepal Mist cross, thanks a lot for giving it a try Benoit!