What's new

Need Help!!!

szachtb2

Hello, Ive started 24 pineapple express and 8 grape god buds under 4k super hps with temps between 80-85 with co2 at 1000ppm. I was initially hand feeding canna coco line with rhizo. plants are over 3 weeks now I i just cant figure out whats wrong. they have grown and had plenty of root development, but my leaf color has never been lush green and are always drooped down, never perky regardless of how much i do, or dont let them dry out. I just switched over to a custom flood and drain bucket system and am feeding with aqua vega a/b, rhizo, to canna chart and cal maged water to 160, based at 110. I have the buckets setup with smart pots lined in clay pebbles with the 1 gallon well rooted plants in 100% canna coco with the clay pebbles surrounding the coco root ball. ive been flooding every day or so as they have not been dryin out too quickly yet. my nute ppms at 850 as of last feed yesterday at a ph of 6.0 What am I doing wrong? Im also wondering if im using the cal mag correctly or if i even need it. Here are some pictures. Please let me know what you think??

Scrogerman

Veteran
Wrong nutes id of thought, aqua is not a coco spec nute line. Why didnt you use the canna Coco A+B all the time? pretty much common sense if you read the bottles? aqua naaa! recirc hydro thats for, like NFT specific by rights!
Also sounds/looks like you wernt giving them enough Coco A+B nutes in the beginning, could be a few different things, but switch to aqua was a mistake.

saying that theres plenty of non coco spec nute lines that will work just fine with Coco, i dont believe aqua is one of them though. They want N big time.

Wrong system, wrong nutes, wrong EC, possibly a host of other shit too. i would of stuck with a nice easy DWC as the buckets werre desgined for myself. Lined with smartpots, wtf for??? Oxypot/RDWC bucket, lined with smart pot, with a square/wilma in the middle?? no i dont get that at all? What just for run-off? id re-think that design if i was you bro!

Flush & go back to canna coco A+B i would at an appropriate EC, a foliar feed may help too. & sort your irrigation RIG out, it all looks fked up to me & a waste of time.

Post in the Coco forum bro!

Last edited:

szachtb2

Im using coco in a recirculating system, how is this the wrong nute. The buckets flood and recirculate once a day now until they can handle multiple. Coco a/b is designed to be drain to waist, thats why i use aqua, not coco. They are also ebb and grow buckets not dwc. Basically my system is ebb and grow in coco without the controller bucket with floats.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Coco doesnt work like that, if you wanna use Coco you got a bit of reading up to do, i aint got the fingers to type the info for you, buyt if you read the stickys here on IC in the Coco forum you'll see you need to consider CEC, Mg,Ca,K & allsorts of relevent stuff to growing in Coco. Now if youd of picked Rockwool or hydroton as your bulk media, youd of gotton away with it with the aqua bro. theres alot to consider with Coco dude!(but not if you use the right stuff correctly), your the first person ive ever seen trying to use Aqua with Coco.

simple Wilma Dripper type style you wanna go with coco, or hand feed from the top as manual! simple tray for runoff! & use a Coco spec nute like canna coco A+B, its designed for Coco, aqua aint.

Ok E&F bucket, lined with a smartpot, lined with a square, that aint no good bro? back to drawing board"!
if this is a new way of growing i must be the first to see it on IC, if i have it wrong &it gives you bigger buds then im sorry & please tell me more about your system.

g'luck to you mate!

Last edited:

Scrogerman

Veteran
... Fk everything off but the smartpots(at least stick to one pot type) & coco & top feed with coco a+b at an appropriate EC(with a tray underneath), maybe foliar to give them some help, n you should be back on track. look into buying some DripClean from H&G too, i believe it works wonders in Coco.

saying what ive said ive seenplenty get great results in autopots with Coco, so theres other irrigation options with the stuff too(like Blumats ;)). but for feed, aqua aint a good one imo(not for Cocos anyway).

Last edited:

szachtb2

I was told by the owner of the store that if I use the aqua that I would need to use cal mag to fill the cec. Not sure? Ive done a solid years research on coco as i was injured and layed off and all I do is read the forums. there are plenty of people running aqua WITH coco and having great success. At this point im running 60% or more hydroton and 40% coco.

Scrogerman

Veteran
LOL, each to their own, but if it works it works. Obviously. thanks for the link ill go read up!
canna aqua is not designed for coco, simple as that, but it well work with a bit of adjusting here n there.

fwiw,i can honestly say the dripclean works well.

cheers!

Why have you put 3 pots inside one another??? That is a total waste of time it seems to me?

szachtb2

I dont have the ability to hand feed 36 plants. That is why i uses the recirculating system. I already have $1000 invested into this system and am not gonna go back to hand feeding. What can I do to make this system work. I know its possisble? What deficiencies or what not are you seeing. No one can point me in that direction, just hit em with this and hit em with that is what im told? Im looking for a solid foundation to work with. Please help

Scrogerman

Veteran
Oh dear, where in that link does it recommend you to use aqua with canna Coco?

the only people/website you should listen to is their own really: http://www.canna.com/ even that can be a challenge foe some!

Scrogerman

Veteran
I dont have the ability to hand feed 36 plants. That is why i uses the recirculating system. I already have $1000 invested into this system and am not gonna go back to hand feeding. What can I do to make this system work. I know its possisble? What deficiencies or what not are you seeing. No one can point me in that direction, just hit em with this and hit em with that is what im told? Im looking for a solid foundation to work with. Please help

go dripper bro, Topspin etc. that'll fix you up! grows everywhere in the Coco forum!

Im trying to point you in the right direction, trust me!

if you look in the Coco forum & see what seasoned Coco growers do & use in their rigs, you will see.

szachtb2

right hand side on the botton tnext to the flower schedule. "FOR MAXIMUM RESULTS Use Canna Coco as your growing medium Canna Coco has a complex air/water system, which makes it superior to other substrates. Furthermore, it contains a special mould (Trichoderma), which can protect the plant against soil diseases".

Scrogerman

Veteran
In the mean time, id forget recirc if i was you ok!

But maybe someone else can step in & help you make the recirc work. But id lose it if i was you.

Scrogerman

Veteran
right hand side on the botton tnext to the flower schedule. "FOR MAXIMUM RESULTS Use Canna Coco as your growing medium Canna Coco has a complex air/water system, which makes it superior to other substrates. Furthermore, it contains a special mould (Trichoderma), which can protect the plant against soil diseases".

fair enough, but who are those people, they aint canna & ive never seen canna say use aqua, or even a mention of it. Like i said it might be doable, but it aint designed for it & unless you really know what your doing id go with the Canna coco a+b as its meant for.

ive used aqua alot myself, NFT & DWC, i wouldnt even consider it in Coco medium myself.
what do Canna themselves say? like i said youd be the fisrt & only person ive ever heard of trying it?

szachtb2

System not complete i ran out of hydroton. i use the smart pots as net inserts so there is no coco thru out the system. the is hydroton on bottom of smart pots so the roots dont sit in water that does not return.

Scrogerman

Veteran
That would of been more like it, that seems fine. but not the 3 pot thingy with coco, you show in the other pics, thats a new one on me bro.

have you ever run this system before?

Like i said, in such a system, rockwool or hydroton would of served you well with aqua.

szachtb2

is it possible to do the coco a/b recirculating like this system call for or what nute should i use or should i just wash the coco out and use hydroton. I dont want to sound like and ass or be rude but im looking for a resolution. I like the system ive ran similar system with the aqua just never the addition of the coco. I was told coco a/b was drain to waist only as the coco stripped the nutrients it needed as passed thru and leaves an imbalance in the runoff to where it could not be reused as nutrient percentages changed.

szachtb2

yes i ran a similar system with pvc pipes with hydroton and rockwool for years with great results. the issue i had with the other system was there was no movement in system to get around room. I moved to coco for the ease of use and handwatering, but now that is not possible for me so i set up this system. Its a simple system that uses less water than a typical flood table.

Scrogerman

Veteran
I was told by the owner of the store that if I use the aqua that I would need to use cal mag to fill the cec. Not sure? Ive done a solid years research on coco as i was injured and layed off and all I do is read the forums. there are plenty of people running aqua WITH coco and having great success. At this point im running 60% or more hydroton and 40% coco.

well your the first ive ever seen, so i stand corrected, ne reason to doubt you, just i been reading up on Cocos for a couple of years myself(a little hands-on) never seen a soul use it. i said it was doable, but not designed for it, seems to be making it a little hard on ya imo. dont believe everything they tell you in a shop, half the time they dont know their tit from their elbow bro! they just wanna ya dollars.

60% hydrton & 40% Coco, sorry im lost & cant help ya then. & i thought id seen it all!lol