What's new

NEED HELP DECIDING NEW LAPTOP

greenhead

Veteran
Yeah I'm more like a make the software for you guys to use kinda guy.

So if you develop stuff, then your opinions are hardly representative for the average user.

Autocad is useful to many engineers.. Your obvisously far from it...

Spellcheck is also useful to many developers, you should check it out sometime.

Of course I am far from an engineer, I have never claimed to be one, and I would not want to be one. Why would I care about autocad? I use my machines for different purposes. To each his own. You speak as if your opinions apply to everybody, lol.

:biggrin:
:smokey:

G

good drown

there is no way i would ever get a mac, but i like downloading tons of "illegal" software and whatnot
its either pc or linux. mac is for the ladies who don't know how to use a pc good

only if i got paid to edit video on the cheap, i guess i would use final cut

greenhead

Veteran
there is no way i would ever get a mac, but i like downloading tons of "illegal" software and whatnot
its either pc or linux. mac is for the ladies who don't know how to use a pc good

So basically you like PC because it's easier to steal stuff, got it.

LOL

MeanBean

Every time I think I would use one, it's like why would I pay twice as much for a slower computer? When I can do EVERYTHING with pc, and sync my pc's

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a Sony Vaio system and I purchased the 2 year extended protection and just 2 weeks before it was up the machine crapped out.

I returned it to Fry's Electronics and they sent it out to Sony. They not only replaced the processor they also upgraded all the software, replaced the keyboard and LCD screen even though I had never mentioned any issues with those parts.

I am a solid Sony fan now.

S_a_H

bomb_bud

i was anti mac for a very long time and know how to use a pc quite well. but that all changed when i bought a mac and all of these people who are bashing apple computers probably have never owned one.

greenhead

Veteran
Every time I think I would use one, it's like why would I pay twice as much for a slower computer? When I can do EVERYTHING with pc, and sync my pc's

Then macs are clearly not for you.

As for me, I wouldn't touch a PC with a 10 foot pole, and I have even turned down good paying work if it involves a PC. I only work on mac's, as PC's are clearly inferior for my particular needs.

Most people get in a pissing match between the two without realizing that both have their plus and negative and only that is subjective.

For example, you can do video editing on a PC, however there is no comparisons what you can do with a mac. But for many video editing is fine on a PC.

MeanBean

I Love that new viao fw. I want a custom build one but it endz up beeing like 1800.00 when i'm done hahaha!! Nice story to hear though cause I am gonna get it soooomeday!

robbiedublu

HP took a dump. Toshiba is the nicest out there I think. Make sure you get a 64 bit computer not 32...

I like Toshiba also. I'm on my 2nd toshiba laptop. 1st one ran and ran for over 4 years with no problems. Had my new one for about 6 months now and hope it is as trouble free.
I would avoid apple products. My wife bought an expensive apple desktop and after a couple of years it has monitor problems and is trash, which wouldn't matter so much if it didn't cost more than twice what a comparable PC costs.

So basically you like PC because it's easier to steal stuff, got it.

LOL

I like PC's because there is more than 1 company making software for it. When I don't like the way a program operates I find another that I like out of the hundreds of choices. With a Mac, you're stuck sucking from the teat of Jobs.

Why not make the title of the thread "What Mac should I get...a Mac Book or a Mac Book Pro?"

Seems you have your mind made up already...

Edit: You're not the OP...duh.

greenhead

Veteran
Seems you have your mind made up already...

Edit: You're not the OP...duh.

I'm the one who said that he shouldn't get a mac, at least not right now. If his budget is only $900 though, then nope, he shouldn't get a mac.

When people start writing stupid shit like "mac users don't know how to use computers", that's when I'm going to respond.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mac's are not in my budget they cost to much. Like I mentioned 900 is what I got to spend and it looks like I can get a good pc laptop for that price.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Hard to answer that question without knowing what you are going to use it for, and how much you want to pay.

Sobekobe

Macs are good, and look trendy... but would get a PC...

Have you looked in a modern lecture at a University/Collge? EVERYONE has the same computer. Its crazy annoying. What happens when you get your computer stolen and there is no way to describe your computer. "Ohh, uhh, its white, and has a little apple on the cover.."

Its not only the asthetics that get me with macs. Its the overall functionality of a mac. Plug in a flashdrive that was formatted on Windows, and some hidden files will magically appear the next time you go back to Windows. The whole interface of programs kill me. For example. Using a simple program like AIM, you cant just right click something and expect a menu to come up. If you have a 2 button mouse, good for you, but if not, you might have to go all the way up to the bar on the top, the "task bar", and find your menu....

For me, I grew up on PC and never have a problem getting it to do what I want it to do. I find it easier to navigate, modify, install, and access. If you never really used a computer, and dont need it for heavy use, then a Mac would probably work with you. But currently, the business standard is PC and you have to know how to use it one way or another in most fields. It would only make sense to have your personal laptop 100% compatible with your main system of use.

Thats me, maybe I see things different, I dunno.... Good luck with your search for a good computer. I like what toshiba and sony have been putting out recently. I am using an HP now, and its not the best build quality...

greenhead

Veteran
Have you looked in a modern lecture at a University/Collge?

You mean like this?

uni.jpg

G

good drown

its crazy how much things slowed down with computer. the 3lb laptop i bought 5 years ago came with 1.5gb mem