What's new

Need elite grower to help.

BongRipkenJR.

Yeah, I have over watered in hydroton before. Fed 4 times a day when I should of fed 3 tops. I don't know how common Ca toxicity is, but I do know it locks out Mg and N and it kind of looks like it right now. Too much calcium at the beginning stages can stunt growth later. It moves through the plant slowly and accumulates in the roots. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input Rip. It does start close to the bottom. Big fans start to get burnt fringes on leaves, yellowing inbetween veins, purpling of stems. They go from 2" days to budding to toxicity around wk4-5 every time. So should I just drop the cal mg unless i see some def. signs next run. If I can get a clean run w hydro one time I'll be satisfied. I'm really enjoying coco. Don't want to screw that one up to. I'm about 2 wks till I throw them into flower but I'll post on your thread. I'm gonna do a side by side gh 6/9 and soul synthetics. Thanks again for your help. I'll keep you posted on these girls as it might add to your knowledge. For now they are in 0 nutes and just maintaining. I'm sure they'll start showing other def. signs soon but it's like wk 6 now. So I may just keep flushing em till done. It's pretty crazy how 1/4 strength makes em yellow very fast and start to wilt. The roots are not in good shape either, ohh well chalk another one.

BongRipkenJR.

Haha, honestly, I would just get a bottle of Ca and a bottle of Mg. I am not an elite grower, but I know a thing or two. I wish some of the big dogs on this site would chime in with their advice.

I can't wait to see your coco garden! I just sent mine into flowering. What I like about coco is once your plants are established, they grow much faster than soil, but slower than hydro making them much much more manageable. One day I left for 3 days because my ebb and flow was automated and everything seem ok, but when I came back my foot and half plants were over 3 feet. and it just became so unmanageable after that. DSC00243.jpg That strain on the left grew over 2 feet in 3 days. I could of sat there and literally watched it grow. I don't like that at all!

ever try growing in soil?

Yeah yrs ago, after a serious bought w/ fungus gnats I was over toting soil around. Now I'm over the res changes and going coco. I got tired of mixing soils and toting soil around, thought hydro would be less work, ha, guess I'm a slow learner and I don't like to ask for help. This is a huge step out there for me. I know if someone helps explain things It'll all start clicking. I'm pretty sure on analysis of def. it's the whole reasons why things get locked out that is above me. I'm running tried and true regiments and still having probs. I'm finding dtw coco is working I just gotta dial it in now and I love the smell of soaking fresh coco. Gotta agree with ripkin hereon hydro I tried nft in 4" tubes for awhile and just overgrew the tubes causing the roots to just completely fill the tubes stoping h20 movement and root rot followed but man would they grow till then. I'ld set em at barely rooted clones and they would choke each other out with 12" of space between em by wk 3 of flower. Thought about 8" tubes but they are pricey and I was over it. I've at one time or another tried every pos diy system out there. DWC worked well too for simplicity I just hated changing h20 in em. I tell ya I've come full circle and just want simplicity now. I thought these ebbandgrow systems looked like a good idea but just like anything pros and cons. This prob I'm having right now is what happens almost every time to me in hydro and I just can't get an understanding of why. I'll be right behind ya ripkin so be posting in yer thread.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
fungus gnats is pretty simple solution.

water less. spray safer 3 in 1 once a week. problem solved.

maybe you should try to get the more simple methods down in dirt instead of struggling with the complicated stuff for years?