What's new

Need elite grower to help.

That's what I thought about the ppms being to high.Everything I read says I should be fine. It appears as a total mag def., but i have bumped up the cal mg and nothing changes. I would love to show you pics but apparently I can't for awhile. I'm running Blackberry from the sativa seed bank. started 10 seeds and mothered the best one. I'm over the store guy and he knows it so he doesn't bs me anymore. He just smiles when I tell him "I ain't buying snake oil anymore." I've taken my lumps. The simpler I can go the better.

Aside from all the bs I've done before to them on past grows. This one has gone like this. Clones in sterile environment. Veg 14 days @ 400 bringing up to the gh 6/9 formula with roots excellerator and drip clean as preventitive care. I start adding cal mg when they start 12-12 going up to 5 ml per G. Change tank every 8 days. top offs keeping ppms stable and ph @ 5.5 to 6.1 I let it drift to keep all nutes on line. I start @ 5.6 and drift to 6.1 Everything should be in my earlier posts but ask I'll try to keep on track here. I check my meters all the time I have two of each just to be sure. I can't even tell you how often I've come here to figure out probs and I've had them all so I'm pretty sure I'm covering the basics.

Thanks rip I have read this thread already. I'll give it a try next run but for now I'm trying to save my babies again. I do my rundown and I just can't see where things are so wrong. But I will drop the additives and go basic. gh to get em going again nothing else? sigh

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
id keep the aquashield to insure root health

It contains a mixture of several strains of beneficial bacteria, including Bacillis Subtillis, Paenibacillus Polymxa, Bacillus Circulans and Bacillus Amyloiquefaciens which break down (composts) organic debris to keep the plant roots clean and healthy.

feed light and good luck

Stra8tdank Thanks bro now I gotta clean drool off the screen. Temps are stabile 68 degreesin tank not familiar w tmv but I do know they start the marble look after flower wk 3 moving into a crisping of leaf fringes starting at lower fans. Then the leaves start yellowing between veins and the stems start to purple. I tried to fix this last run thinking they just are starving and ran em up to 1300 ppm w about 8 ml of cal mg. My 722 ppm now is cause I thought this time I'm over doing it so go low same problem persist's. I'm praying I don't have a disease or virus. It takes so long to start over and I have started over before a couple timesnow.I just can't get my mind around what is happening. I mean buds are forming great and then they just go through this stage and stop growing.

lights out temps sometimes dip to 60 degrees

Last edited:

BongRipkenJR.

The bacterias dont survive and colonize with mineral ferts will they? I mean GH is pretty concentrated and the roots have no problem absorbing the nutes. The bacterias are for breaking down the nutrients so that the roots can absorb it I thought. I usually only use beneficials with my organic stuff. I know the trichadermal fungus will colonize in a salty environment though. I am no pro, but I always found a dead rez works best with salty fertilizers and benificials work best with soil and organic matter. I could be wrong though.

whodare

Veteran
if your using chem ferts there is really no reason to run any zyme, or beneficial bacteria, stick to your base ferts, if you feel the urge get some sm90 and run a sterile rez...

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
If they drop into the 50's you can have purpleing and stunting.
I sure have!

That was my understanding also rip. I use the hygrozyme to break down dead roots so they don't funk up res. Aquashield to drown out the bad stuff by not giving them an environment to multiply in. Cal mg cause I'm running ro. gh 6 micro 9 bloom proven to be a safe chart to go off of. silica blast cause ph up and they like a healthy cell structure, I mean I really can't see where I'm going wrong. I watch all the other basics. TMV sounds scary I'm afraid to even go there. But like I've said I have completely started over before and I still get the same probs happening. New equipment new plants. wow it's a mind f to think of all the crap I've gone through trying to learn how to be a farmer. kudos to those of you who grow large greenhouses. That's a stress I can't even imagine.

BongRipkenJR.

You wont have dead roots with micro and bloom. Hygrozyme is pointless unless you are rocking soil imo. Aqua shield isn't really a shield. It is snake oil. You dont need silica either. Check the breakdown of GH nutes. You will see all the minerals and elements that are in it.

Hey Bongrip I like the simplicity ave. I started using all those "protectors" cause i had a bout of root slimecrap. I was growing nft in 4" pvc tubes> Looking back now the roots would just grow into a mass and drown themselves out. But the symptoms of this are just like what happens now. Get to a point of greatness and then fall off a cliff. I mean in a couple weeks I'll start over and if someone wants too guide me I'm all for it. But I'm not going to do the ol 15 different bottles. Kinda reminds me of you need a pill to offset the sideeffects of that pill and on and on. I like toohighs take on things maybe he'll show up. keep it simple while stoned. omg is that hard or what.

Dankgravy

I didn't read the whole thing, but what kind of tubing are you using? A lot of people have been having trouble with NGW tubing.. And I've seen a few where it doesnt onset into flower with some strains...

BongRipkenJR.

I forgot about the NGW tubing from sunlight supply. If you have black tubing that has the #3 in the recycle logo then it is probably gassing off and killing your plants.

RetroGrow

Veteran
If you are worried about viruses or disease, use aspirin. It is a miracle drug for plants too!
Boosts their immune system dramatically. I am dealing with spores in my environment. At two week mark, they get sick. I give them aspirin @ one 325 Mg tablet per gallon. Plants turn around starting in 24 hours, and are fine as long as I keep the aspirin going.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
You wont have dead roots with micro and bloom. Hygrozyme is pointless unless you are rocking soil imo. Aqua shield isn't really a shield. It is snake oil. You dont need silica either. Check the breakdown of GH nutes. You will see all the minerals and elements that are in it.

you obviously haven't used it, the bacteria in aquashield aren't snake oil, its bacillus subtilis and other bacteria derived from poultry litter and made for hydro applications

not only will it help in instances such as rez temps spikes and prevent root root, but it will lower nute needs by about 10%,
since he owns it, since IT works with salts and since the bacteria add drought heat and disease resistance and root health it is more than smart insurance

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if your using chem ferts there is really no reason to run any zyme, or beneficial bacteria, stick to your base ferts, if you feel the urge get some sm90 and run a sterile rez...

SM-90 does not sterilize a res it only kills anaerobic not aerobic bacteria

it does not kill beneficial bacteria like bacillus subtilis

Latest posts

Latest posts