What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Advice on Cooking w/ Hash. Hard Candy, Tootsie Rolls?

shocktotheheart

I am so excited about this! For Halloween I am being a cat with a poopy litter box, only I'm going to grind up some butterfinger chocolate bars into crumbs to be the kitty litter, and hash tootsie's as cat poop! I'm sooo excited! Thanks for figuring out this recipe!

synax

Curious as to how much you typically smoke? Were you good for 3hrs after consuming or 3hrs after they kicked in? Wanting to see if this is something that would be cost effective to make and still get the high I need.

Taste is deff canna, but there is enough tootsie roll taste to make it edible.......might do some more batches with other chocolate in it or nestle chocolate milk mix.....trying to figure it out....very strong tho, only ate a half and it lasted almost 3hrs

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Turning your smokeable into an edible is always cost effective in my opinion. The high lasts longer, and it takes less for the effect. However, it takes much longer to kick in than smoking, so ya gotta be a lil patent.

synax

Awesome, this is great news. I've been playing with butter, tincture but never cooked with hash thus my last question. I appreciate the response - now I just need to locate some hash.

I don't go for the smoke till I drop feeling. Sounds like if I can find some good indica bubble hash these would work good for pain management.

If I locate some, I'll be sure to post my results.

Thank you again.

not a huge smoker, & it was 3hrs after it kicked in........I have had a few high tolerance nonstop smokers try a whole toostsie (0.1g each tootsie) by themselves, and they said they were GREAT!......now if your a 20yr old who loves to party and just get shit faced to a higher high each night you might need 2.....anymore than that youll be passed out in a puddle of piss on your neighbors doorstep.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
also im not sure if bubble will work as well......I used ISO hash so the thc was already active to be eaten......bubble is not acitve till the heat.......hope this helps with any one else trying.......my advice is just try a small batch first, 1g hash equals 10 doses

"You must spread reputation first before giving it to Ms Weekend again." Im gonna try these out with 73 micron bubble. I'll try it with your ratio and we'll see how it turns out. Damn it... the closer and closer the holidays get, the more tempting it is to stray from my diet.... ARRRG!

Also, Im going to be making canna fudge. I go pretty nuts around the holidays, making candy and goodies. I haven't decided if Im willing to share some of my candy recipies though.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I would love to see your cannafudge recipes! Maybe it will be a better idea as I'm trying to make my candies look like cat poop!

If your trying to make your candys look like cat poop.... get some sweetend coconut and mix with a lil powderd sugar, a lil butter, and some sweetend condenced milk. Mix it all together so you have a formable dough like consistancy. Chill for a few hours then dip in melted chocolate.

:laughing: Makes great turds!

synax

Did you get a chance to try this with the bubble hash? Just curious, I think I have some coming in the next few weeks but was curious if anyone has tried the tootsie rolls with the bubble vs iso and how it turned out...

TIA

"You must spread reputation first before giving it to Ms Weekend again." Im gonna try these out with 73 micron bubble. I'll try it with your ratio and we'll see how it turns out. Damn it... the closer and closer the holidays get, the more tempting it is to stray from my diet.... ARRRG!

Also, Im going to be making canna fudge. I go pretty nuts around the holidays, making candy and goodies. I haven't decided if Im willing to share some of my candy recipies though.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Did you get a chance to try this with the bubble hash? Just curious, I think I have some coming in the next few weeks but was curious if anyone has tried the tootsie rolls with the bubble vs iso and how it turned out...

TIA

I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. I'll be going to the grocery store today, I'll pick up some tootsie rolls. Mabey I can bust it out while my son is napping. I've just been crazy busy lately.

synax

Well I got some bubble hash from a buddy. I got 5 grams but I wanted to test this first so this batch was made with 2grams and 20 tootsie rolls

1. I took between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon of cannabutter and melted it down, then I crushed the bubble hash over the top and stuck it into the toaster oven at 200 for about 20min.

2. While the hash/butter combo was heating up I set the oven to 350 and added the tootsie rolls to a greased steel bowl and put into the oven for 20min

3. The hash/butter mix came out, I stirred it up well, reminded me of the consistency of like a basil spread....

4. I added the hash/butter mix to the melted down tootsie rolls - the tootsie roll mixture hardened pretty quickly while stirring.

5. Put the mixture back into the toaster oven at 250 for 15min

6. Stirred again and now its chilling on the counter. Hopefully I'll be able to test these tomorrow.

I didn't use a whisk and I'm glad I didn't due to how quickly things hardened up.... I just hope I got everything mixed well. I think next time I might do hash and a bit of tincture instead of butter so the alcohol just evaporates away and no butter.... Might mix better that way too...

Anyhow, onto the pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0764.jpg
    DSCN0764.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0770.jpg
    DSCN0770.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0771.jpg
    DSCN0771.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0772.jpg
    DSCN0772.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Why are you using cannabutter and hash? I didn't get to it yeasturday, mabey today. Im not plannin on using any of my cannabutter.... just bubble hash. Hash should be enouph right? So.... how did it turn out Synax?

synax

I had a buddy at work test them out for me today, I can't eat or smoke at my job because I lose focus to easily unless its a sativa strain which is hard to come by where I live...

But my buddy tried one and said he was feeling good for a good 3-5hrs. I just ate one and will post the results later...

Decent flavor though even with the cannabutter...

Latest posts

Latest posts