What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Advice on Cooking w/ Hash. Hard Candy, Tootsie Rolls?

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
:wave: Hello Ms. Weekend. You can infuse hash with any fat or oil based ingrediant. What kind of hash are you using? Is it an ice and water hash or a dry sift hash? I cook with bubble hash and you can just barley taste the canna in my goodies. The water bath takes out the majority of the chlorophyl and with that, taste. Hope this helps!

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Yea, infusing two things together.... like making them one. Ok, now my turn, whats ISO? Is that extraction with alcohol or butane? Im just learning about other methods myself.... dont feel so bad.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I've only cooked with canna butter, made with harvest trimmings, and bubble hash. I prefer bubble hash because there isn't much flavor left. I've seen ISO once when I was in my teens, so Im totaly ignorant to that.

Have you ever melted tootsie rolls before? I've seen them get warm and soft in the sun, but never tried it in the kitchen. Hmmmm....

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
LOL.... I bet you could warm them up just enouph to mold them well.... then make like a lil ravioli with a bit of ISO in the middle..... So when you bite into it, you get a burst of ISO in your mouth, remember that candy... or was it gum, that had the fruit juice squirt in your mouth when you bit it..... Ahhhh haah haaa... Ewww.

ok so tincture is basically alcohol high% + weed.. if its the hash from before. you might want to look into just making individual doses of something.like canna milk or bang lassi. lots of good recipes here that require a little bit of hash. i mean you could infuse it into oil and store that for a bit. alot of options. may not be to good to smoke but with edibles WATCH OUT. less is more

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Gushers fruit snacks...I think they still make those.............maybe Ill try some tootsie rolls tomorrow........any advice on a temperature needed to activate the THC in the hash when I add it to the tootsie rolls?

Yea gushers! Thats them! Ewwww... the thought of them makes me gag a lil. I just dont care for things popping in my mouth. I ment that idea as a joke. But if your using an alcohol tincture, you shouldn't need heat. I could be wrong, but I dont think you do. I would try heating up some tootsie rolls, and the re-cooling them before adding anything valuble to them, know what I mean? You dont want to waste your tincture if it doesnt go back to its orrigional state after cooling.

i don't have anything to contribute but i'm curious as to the answers. i've read about making lollipops with some kind of alcohol extraction... a search could probably yield more info. i tried making caramels with cannabutter because i thought they'd have a longer life than brownies/cookies. they did, but you had to eat so much to get baked that it just wasn't worth it.

i've also read about making green dragon tinctures, where the thc is concentrated in some 151 or everclear and you simply squirt a dropper's worth or two on your tongue to get high.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
yes how do they taste? not a bad idea because that would be great to have little tootsie canna rolls in my pocket throughout the day. I love tootsie rolls already but allow me to medicate as well, hell thats for me.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Good job Ms Weekend! I am intrigued! I wonder how this would turn out with bubble hash. I just might have to make these, especialy with halloween right around the corner!

Latest posts

Latest posts