What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need advice asap.

mountainoutlaw

I have 60 original afgan x skunk (not the ones you thonk but from a legendary guerilla grower, so climatized for ...well around this region) and before i launch em, i gotta get this right, i get to town about once every 2 weeks, and no aint no mailbox at the op so no amazon. Im trying use the land a basics like the old schoolers. I got bakong soda , pulverized lime, and .....
20230521_141555.jpg

Fresh all natural wood ash.
Coco and store bought organic seed starter ill be damned.

mountainoutlaw

Do you have pictures of what they looked like before? The soil is not working well, ph reduction as much as possible but something occurs to me that it is not only ph. Did you give a lot of fertilizer?
No. Only jobes organic pellets, top dressed, and alaskan fish fert. 1 tbl per gallon. And maybe a 1/16th tsp raw silica. Thats it.

Dont you mean RAISE ph ? My soil im guessing is in the 5s. I wanna get a solid 6.5.

Like i said, ive never had this prob.

mountainoutlaw

Oh yeah, heres fresh sprouts....stunted and wont take up N
20230509_194502.jpg
20230510_111502.jpg

My first thouggt....CAL DEF. but added enough, still liggt green yellow, wont grow, and will not take N, GOTTA BE PH RIGHT?

mountainoutlaw

Yes, it is about increasing ph. When do you want to release them into the target soil?
Honestly, im waaayyy behind schedule, so as soon as possible, but they gotta be strong around here, i can wait, but i got 3 more groups coming up after these, (i always do groups oitdoors bc of shit like this). Talk to me wild cat...what you got on your mind

mountainoutlaw

If you have acidic soil and add 30% percent peat moss you fucked up because peat moss is 3.9 to 4.2 pH. If you would not have added this you wouldn't have a problem with acidity.
No native soil is 5, the store bouggt shit in this seedling mix was 6 ish....i got lime and this isnt their final home...i got prolly 8 cuft promix organics left...i better lime shit out of it before i blend with my....lets see...
I got over 100cu ft natural native worm castings ph is 6 flat

3 cuft black kow
10 gallons local dried and sun baked horse manure

2 cuft organic garden soil

2 bricks coco

Unlimited mineral rich (excpet cal) sandy silt ph at 5.

I know i fucked up this starter mix up, btw the starter coco...not peat.

wild cat

You made a natural selection with the soil mixture, for me it is too strong. I would flood it with a lot of water. Soil is not hydropanic I don't react so quickly.

Crazy Chester

If you put all the plants into pots a week or so ago, it may be because the plants are concentrating their energy into growing roots into the new medium. While the soil PH may be a little low, I think they will come back fine in a couple weeks just the way it is, but the little seedlings might not. Just stalling a bit to develop a root system robust enough to handle the nutrients (and any outdoor stresses - if they came from indoors).

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wisdom passed down from my dad's farming family is get the seedlings in the ground as soon a possible for best success. Don't worry about everything being perfect, just get the plants in the ground and they will develop roots and start to produce.

Those seedlings are big enough, if you get those in the ground, they should grow well. I always put mine in the ground at that stage and they grow better than when in a container.

Container growing can be kind of sensitive, make sure temps are good as well, but they are past that very sensitive young seedlings stage, and can handle mid 40's if necessary.

Here's the size mine always go out in.

How much light do you have at the spots? Get them out in full light if possible.

If light is adequate, I would just plant them as soon as possible, because soil pH will be good, and they will have room to grow roots and become established and they will start to grow.

Hope this helps, didn't have a chance to read through the entire thread.

full

full

mountainoutlaw

Thanks man, yep in full light and ove doscovered problem....and fixing it.

1. Ph acidic in soil and water. Fixed
2. Not enough drainage in this bs seedmix i threw together, so im gettem in new stuff then ground, i didnt mix thoroughly so its not homogenous througgout and had many water logged spots...i know i know...perlite...aint got that...gonna use something else and deciding on that now. Thanks dude

mountainoutlaw

FRIENDS...I HAVE FOUND ROOT OF THE FUCKING PROBLEM......ROOT APHIDS....AND THEY DONE TOOK OUT SOME GOOD GENETICS.

I ALSO TRACED SOURCE ...STORE BOUGHT "BACK TO ORGANICS" SEED STARTER MIX.

Mattbho

you said it yourself

""its some bullshit i should have never mixed.

i had 4 bricks coco, Coco was non buffered...i know i know ""

for the ppl that dont___ When you feed your plant, the unbuffered coco medium releases the potassium and salt and grabs onto the calcium and magnesium you fed it. This leads to deficiencies and toxicity of potassium levels..

I'd bet a weak foliar calmag spray or even just a pinch of epsom salt in a spray bottle will turn these around right quick . Thats what i would do in this situation ,. also replant in a more appropriate mix .

never dealt with root aphids but i imagine they are like any other pest and only attack the weak plants in fucked up soil also overwatering/non draining soil will stunt the shit outta seedlings everytime

mountainoutlaw

...yeah but whole time it wasnt coco..i dodnt think unbuffered coco be a prob with 50 percent soil in it...it was damn root aphids whole time