What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need advice asap.

mountainoutlaw

Large outdoor grow, plants werent absorbing nutes....

My water source has a low ph. This is a wilderness type deep woods grow. Only water source available.

I have plenty of pulverized garden lime. Will this work with water. Put ALOT of effort in this. May scrap it. What can i do

Organic grow btw. Im truley a dyna gro man, fucking A
20230525_165921.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You want a lower soil pH friend. If I'm not mistaken it looks like the Leptis test is showing 6.2. I wouldn't add anything to that water because it's perfect. Rainwater is 5.5 pH and is wonderful in the garden both in and outdoors. Post a photo so I can see the plants and the soil.

mountainoutlaw

I got about 30 more of these sprouts that look pathetic. Ive been growing many years and this is my first TRUE organic outdoor run. Should i just get a gallon of dyna gro and ph up down kit

wild cat

My soil has not been tested with a ph meter and I estimate that it is below 6ph, but I am absolutely not worried about it. The plants look healthy. I don't know what the end result will be, but I think the plants will be excellent in terms of quality. They grow on their own, I just gave them a chance, without any additives, nature alone.

If you see an improvement when you raised the ph then keep doing that ;)

mountainoutlaw

Deformed leaves, wont take up nitrogen like they should. Yes good seed stock.

I think im gonna have to slightly lime water and soil

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Can you mix up some very high pH soil and transplant them? Ground up oyster shells, lime. If you can get the soil pH up close to 8, and plenty of microbes and goodness in it, the 6.2 water will be prefect,

mountainoutlaw

No...its not, its some bullshit i should have never mixed.

My main mix is diff, i used alot of coco ....in these...sorry ealrier i said peat moss...peat moss is in main mix and works like a champ...i had 4 bricks coco, some bs seed starter mix and topsoil....i didnt think at this young it would affect likenthis.. .im gonna transplant into main mix. Coco was non buffered...iknow i know....im a long way from supply store and this is a pretty extreme operation, i wanted to make a very photographic journal....but ...jeez, ive never had a start like this in 10 years...as i said, im a dyna gro indoor guy whos trying to get back to my roots when this all started....really discouraging....btw. I DO GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

mountainoutlaw

That secobd test was not 6.2. The second test was below 6 id say....only diff it had a small dollop of alsakan fish and silica RAW

mountainoutlaw

Im starting to catch on to this organic stuff....you gotta have a good base right out the gate bc fixing it is time consuming and not exact science

mountainoutlaw

Btw the badass og cheese loves it, but all my go too (white widow, og white, ak48, ) frwleakin aint liking it AT ALL. and my widows usually dont care, they just eat

wild cat

Do you have pictures of what they looked like before? The soil is not working well, ph reduction as much as possible but something occurs to me that it is not only ph. Did you give a lot of fertilizer?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My soil pHs around 8. I lower the pH of the water to 6.3. If you can mix up a bunch more soil, raise the pH and the little sprouts can recover. I grow in a tent so I can set the light power. You may have to much light energy for their little roots to handle. Is there a shady spot that avoids the mid-day blast?

Alkaline water? Baking soda?

Latest posts

Latest posts