What's new

need a great organic bloom fert.

varriform

Hey drifter
I've been using Pure Blend as a base and then adding kelp and guano to that at whatever rate i think is neccessary

What I have heard about superthrive is that it has alot of things that encourage root development so it can be kinda counterproductie to flowering.
If you used it at 1 drop per gallon it couldn't do much harm

teruso

seasol.jpg

This stuff is awsome its got everything an organic gardener needs!

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Make a compost tea and a high P guano tea with a dash of N guano.
Add the guano tea to the CT and feed, they get a proportion of 1-3-2, that's a typical ratio for flowering.

Bottled ferts are fine but you can mix your own, if your not fussy about being 100% organic the Pure Blend Pro Bloom for Soil is ther best flower fert that's all in one on the market IMO.

Suby

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Just an observation on omy grow..

I have been finding that a good soil mix for vegging is a must. I have been recyyling my soil the past 5 months or so. I have been using just blood and bone meals and dry molasses and liquid kelp to wet with. I let them sit and stir them 2-3 weeks. I re-wet them if needed. I leave my small roots and trimmings in the soil and in 2-3 months only the large stuff is left.

Anyway, I transplant to final 3 gallon pots from 1 gallon pots 10 days before flower. As they continue to veg and then transition to flowering they use up the N in the soil and I only water with a high P guano/ewc/compost/dry molasses teas with added liquid karma (as of late).

I find that the high P teas can be supplimented with EJ Bloom and liquid molasses to boost P and K.

I have also found that "less is better" with bottled ferts. The girls just love a guano/compost/ewc/dry molasses teas with liquid karma or liquid kelp and respond nicely.

I also enjoy using just teas because when bubbled they are around pH 6.75 or so and suit my grows well. (oh shit did he mention pH?!?!?!? phool)

minds_I

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Awesome post Mind I, this forum has been missing you lately :bis:

I have been recycling my mix also, it's incredible how nicely the texture of the soil and quality of the soil improves with time, I just bummed I didn't start sooner.

:headbange

S

sophisto

BurnOne said:
Neptune's Harvest 2-4-1 Fish.

Nice and easy no fuss no muss....Everything in there you need to feed the microbe kiddies too...

You could also for 6.99 a box top dress 1 tbsp per gallon of soil with Dr earths bud and bloom booster 4-10-7. or their tomatoe fruit and herb 5-7-3. Foxfarm has practically the same only theirs are more pricey and you get less ingredients that Dr earth has....Dr earth coined commercially the concept of adding microbes to the ferts to help them become more readily available to the plants....

Other than that maybe a 1 or two times with teas of budswell guano with some ewc, baby oatmeal, liquid karma and molasses..Probably cost you 2 bucks a tea at most....

Keep it simple, less is more.....

IF you want a one part flower nutrient and not have to mix or get into the project of making your own, Canna Bio Flores $28.00 a bottle.... OMRI certified organic and completely Vegan.... Great stuff

Check out some threads from Sub Rob he is hooked on Canna Bio as is his buddy.....His smoke is luscious looking tasty and clean no doubt about it...

I prefer the teas and the dry ferts hands down though.....just my hmble opinion

varriform

Hey everybody
I'm looking to buy a complete liquid organic fert but I got some questions. It's mainly for my outdoor container garden but I like to have complete ferts around for when I need them indoors. I have been using Age Old for a long time but was thinking about trying something else. I was thinking about going with Earth Juice but it's not clear if that is a complete fertilizer. If not, are the supplements like microblast and catalyst and what ever the other is, are they neccessary. I looks like microblast might just be kelp. I want something that is actually organic so I can reuse my soil. I have stuff to make teas but I don't have time to make enough for my outdoor garden.
I was thinking about bio-bizz cuz it's vegan but I have heard that it isn't complete in the slightest.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
varriform said:
Hey everybody
I'm looking to buy a complete liquid organic fert but I got some questions. It's mainly for my outdoor container garden but I like to have complete ferts around for when I need them indoors. I have been using Age Old for a long time but was thinking about trying something else. I was thinking about going with Earth Juice but it's not clear if that is a complete fertilizer. If not, are the supplements like microblast and catalyst and what ever the other is, are they neccessary. I looks like microblast might just be kelp. I want something that is actually organic so I can reuse my soil. I have stuff to make teas but I don't have time to make enough for my outdoor garden.
I was thinking about bio-bizz cuz it's vegan but I have heard that it isn't complete in the slightest.

I have used age-old and PBP with good results. I like the EJ, cause it has no salts, and the bloom has no N. EJ mixes at full strength are Ph 3-4 so if you use it, make sure your mix is buffered. Age-old and EJ have no mag, and little cal. The EJ microblast is super strength metals and whatnots, and I don't want to do a regimen of that. I have it and used it a few times until I looked at the shit in it. PBP is complete. PBP is the choice for a 1 bottle fert. Age old and PBP have salts of some type that I had to 'flush'.

age old 5-10-5
EJ Bloom 0-3-1
PBP soil 1.5-4-5 .5%mag, 1%cal
Briar rabbit molasses 0-0-1.4 .4% mag, .4% cal

For the thread starter - I like to flower with high P guano and a lil kelp meal n wormcastings all mixed/topdressed/raked in.

Guano (I have 2 kinds)
3-10-2
1-11-.something
Kelp meal
1-0-2
Worm Castings
1-0-0

With the dry mixes, I water everytime with ~1tablespoon molasses, and a capful of Liquid karma

Liquid karma
.1-.1-.5

Last edited:

varriform

I was thinking about just getting neptunes but I can't bring myself to buy pure fish ferts. I thought EJ microblast was 100% organic, no?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kroter said:

It's the one on the left...
No, that's 0-0-1 Seaweed. The 2-4-1 is in a yellow bottle. The one in the middle is 2-3-1 fish/seaweed. It too is great for flowering. Although I prefer the 2-4-1 for late flowering.
Burn1

Last edited:
G

BurnOne said:
No, that's 0-0-1 Seaweed. The 2-4-1 is in a yellow bottle. The one in the middle is 2-3-1 fish/seaweed. It too is great for flowering. Although I prefer the 2-4-1 for late flowering.
Burn1

Thanks bro. :redface:
Good thing I got you to keep me str8...lol

sophisto

Speaking of neptunes I have been adding a bit(2tbsp) into the high P guano/ewc teas (5gal) and have noticed a significant difference with the plants in flower...

varriform

barletta said:
I have used age-old and PBP with good results. I like the EJ, cause it has no salts, and the bloom has no N. EJ mixes at full strength are Ph 3-4 so if you use it, make sure your mix is buffered. Age-old and EJ have no mag, and little cal. The EJ microblast is super strength metals and whatnots, and I don't want to do a regimen of that. I have it and used it a few times until I looked at the shit in it. PBP is complete. PBP is the choice for a 1 bottle fert. Age old and PBP have salts of some type that I had to 'flush'.

age old 5-10-5
EJ Bloom 0-3-1
PBP soil 1.5-4-5 .5%mag, 1%cal
Briar rabbit molasses 0-0-1.4 .4% mag, .4% cal

For the thread starter - I like to flower with high P guano and a lil kelp meal n wormcastings all mixed/topdressed/raked in.

So, could I use EJ and just add some molasses and make sure I get enough lime and such in the mix? Do you think that would cover the cal and mag issues?
Cause I make an LC mix but I like to have bottled ferts for quick and easy dosing in my various grdens without compromising my soil quality.
Thanks

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
3 bottles.
Pure Blend Pro for soil
Earth Juice bloom
Liquid karma
(and molasses)

edit - the EJ micro blast is organic, but gives an almost toxic dose of lots of metals/micronutes. EJ Grow is good, but you are looking for a bloom fert, why be forced to buy it? The other stuff is ok, but unnecessary, and not as good as LK and molasses. Most of the micro nutes are in the castings/lime/bottled ferts anyway. I never had a problem, but it was a waste of $20, as I haven't run into any def's w/o it.

At first I bought all the bottles......
Then I bought all the dry goodies......
"Lures are designed to catch fishermen, not fish...." - My Old Man, the Cynic.

Last edited:
G

sophisto said:
Speaking of neptunes I have been adding a bit(2tbsp) into the high P guano/ewc teas (5gal) and have noticed a significant difference with the plants in flower...

Which Neptune's are you using?

:nono: On 2nd thought, maybe you should just tell me the color of the label...

sophisto

Kroter said:
Which Neptune's are you using?

:nono: On 2nd thought, maybe you should just tell me the color of the label...

I have used both, the blue label and the yellow label....The one I am talking about above in my post is what B1 recommended to you and thats the yellow label....2-4-1...

yellow label 2-4-1 has added seaweed....The blue label 2-3-1 I believe is primarily fish hydrolysate and fish emulsions ???

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not trying to be a smart ass or a know it all, but...

Neptune's Harvest 2-4-1 (yellow) is pure fish. Best for mid to late flowering.
Neptune's Harvest 0-0-1 (green) is pure seaweed. Best from germination to mid flowering.
Neptune's Harvest 2-3-1 (blue) is a mixture of the two. It contains fish and seaweed. best for mid flowering. But can be used from mid to late flowering.

Here's a link...

http://www.neptunesharvest.com/

...They make great stuff. It's not fish emulsion. It's cold processed fish. It has a fish smell, but not a dead fish covered with flies smell. It can be mixed and used immediately. It can not be stored after it is mixed with water however. Keep bottles tightly closed in a cool place and it will last for years.

Burn1

Last edited:

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Speaking of... I made the mistake of being lazy this spring starting plants indoors... I mixed up a mild batch of water with Alaska fish ferts in it... then didn't need all of it... let it sit for about 4-5 days, then applied it to my plants.

Don't do what I did. Some of those plants STILL haven't forgiven me.

Diggles