What's new

Nearly burnt the house down :(

Norkali

facepalm.jpg

There are many gizmos to hang lights with. No matter how easy they say they are to operate, I refuse to steer away from over sized chain.

There are many things in life to worry about, burning your own house should not be one of them.

vegtable

I used tape to hold a mirror on the wall once, i still have about 6 years of bad luck commin my way because of it.

i used tape to hold a cfl in a pc case, light fell because tape gets hot dries out and becomes crispy and unsticky. even gorillia tape

Cheerful

Yeah,it was a temporary thing so i probably got lazzy.lesson learnt.the hard way.
its was a 600 hung vertical.

Wrong! "The Hard Way" would have involved one or more of the following: Loss of life, loss of shelter, loss of all possessions, Fire Dept. involvement leading to Police involvement leading to felony drug charges! ! ! ! !

YOU got off So Damn Easy, you are So F'ing LUCKY! ! !

I sincerely hope that you *really really Learned* the lesson, especially for the sake of your loved ones. If you didn't learn, we'll be reading about you in the newspaper someday...and not for anything good!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Consider yourself very lucky.

Count your blessings... your light works great!

No doubt, step it up a knotch. The last pic looks like some sort of makeshift outhouse with the toilet paper roll rig.

I lost it right here... beer and snot cleanup was necessary.

Thanks a lot!

:D

dexter840

wow... disaster narrowly avoided for sure. i'll save the lecture, but i hope your honesty in posting this makes another farmer's garden safer :)

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
he just had the biggest break of his life (how the heck would I know?) dodging death or worse. don't think that increases his chances of claiming lottery winnings any...but don't think it decreases them either.
glad you survived your lady's wrath!
ever heard of zipties?

ddrew

Veteran
I wonder how many deaths duct tape has been responsible for since its invention?

Be glad you're not one of them, that was close.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ICmag never fails to dissapoint.......duct tape to hang up lights, plants needing o2, running 20k lighters with no electrical upgrades.....all we are missing is a yummybud thread.

this thread reminds me though....get a damn fire extinguisher..

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you own the house?

Cause if you're renting, you need to go fuck up your own house. I grow in houses I own. If somebody ruined my house with a grow it would get really, really, really ugly. Really, really, really fast.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Duct tape is actually pretty strong and works great for a lot of things...

You know what went wrong with your duct tape job? The heat from the light warmed up the tape/glue and caused it to weaken and it slipped loose...

Duct tape works for a lot of purposes but none of them include hanging a light.

Hell metal chain and eye hooks are so cheap why not use em....

St3ve

wow.. glad no one got hurt. Could be worse though.. but you did learn a lesson so at least nothing like that will happen again.

Scrogerman

Veteran
about 8 hrs.was fairly well wraped around the cord and hook.I think the heat must have softed the stickyness.

You are a very lucky dude.Hung my light with Duct tape lol, My sides split. well at least you'll live another day to grow again
. fk looks like it made a right mess ah, its ok it was only my olds, lmao! what did mum say or hasnt she seen what youve done,lol, you'll have to tell her you are installing an on sweet(en-suit) hot tub, it'll add value to the house lol!
Lucky fella!;)

Always look on the brightside of life... (everybody!!!......)