picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Took a short walk today, came across just 1 photo op. A young bird sleeping in the weeds. I think it's a young sparrow, was able to get about 4' away and snap a few before I spooked it...

This was the best one...just a little puff of feathers, not much bigger than a ping-pong ball. :rasta:

Peace

S

Stankie

I'm gonna have to go through this thread real slow one day with my bong and plenty of weed! Too many sweet pics to look at tonight!!

A

arcticsun

Hey all, here are some scenery pictures from Norway..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is Jotunheimen, its a mythical place in norse folklore, its the home of the giants.

picture.php

Lofoten islands, arctic region.

picture.php

In the Lofoten area there is ancient rock art everywhere. Some of the worlds oldest rock art is found here. There is also a vast number of ancient religious sites and burial mounds in this area.

68911.JPG

A

arcticsun

Grabbed my camera today on my way out to the grocery store despite a low cloud cover. Its a 30-40 minute drive to the grocery store for me, I live in one of the least populated regions of the world. Population density here is 2 ppl, 2 goats & 2 reindeer pr square kilometer.

35346.jpg

I always meet some type of wildlife when im out driving, today I saw a white tailed eagle. Its one of the largest predatory birds in the world, the largest in Europe and the arctic. We have the worlds densest population of these eagles, its a massive and very powerful bird, maybe my favorite animal.

This eagle was sitting on a rock by the seashore, I observed it for a couple of minutes from inside my car, but when i got out of the car to get a picture it took off. Its a young eagle.

19550.JPG

98354.JPG

52265.JPG

58928.JPG

This is the season for hanging fish to dry, the climate is perfect for open air drying here. In fact its the only place in the world where conditions for open air drying is as good as this. They store some of the worlds most expensive wine and cognac in caves in the area, the world seed vault is also on an island north of here.

Air drying cod like this is a tradition believed to go back several thousand years. This is how the ingredients for real "Bacalao" and "Lutefisk" is made. This is European food culture on its best, millennium old tradition and skill combined with the cleanest and best natural ingredient plus months of work and patience put into the final product. Once dried carefully through the winter, the final dry cod product can be used in a number of dishes from bacalao to lutefisk and its fantastic grilled, it can even be eaten raw.. great protein source for us, it tastes great, im raised on the stuff. Gives a massive libido and makes you viking strong.. HaRR :pirate: ;).
Freak weather can ruin the fish and cause great economic grievance for the fisherman, so the local economy has through the ages been fully in submission to the harsh arctic climate. This is the local trademark, a delicacy.

40366.JPG

Enjoy the autumn/winter nature lovers.. blessings from winterland :wave:

A

arcticsun

Thanks MrsB, its the land of the great predators. The eagles around here are powerful enough to easily take cats and small dogs. They kill their pray with the powerful legs and razor sharp claws.

Sea eagle and fox

Full+oppløsnign+Havørn+på+Rev.jpg

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
wow wonderfull arctic...i am comming - we gonna catch big fishes and smoke out big clouds!!