What's new

Nature Lovers' Thread

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This little fella (or should that be lass, she's a female :rolleyes:)) was back in my garden today, stocking up for the winter :D

Great Spotted Woodpecker

:wave:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great shots guys! Keep em coming! :yes:

Excellent shots of your cat, Sammet! Enjoyed the robin too, but I'm not sure thats a robin... I think a robin's breast is the only part colored red/orange.... :chin:

Peanut party.... :yummy:

Copper-leaf stem 1000 x

copper leaf stem

hemp and fruit smoothie

supermanlives

Veteran
spotted skunk. 2 in the morn at the campsite by the firepit. i was stoned and drunk this little guy wanted to hang out with me.he liked lays potato chips

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dangbongdang said:
have any of you guys read about how amazing the black capped chickadee is? INCREDIBLE bird

Nope tell us about it. I don't think I've ever seen a chickadee, never mind one wearing a black cap.

(Awesome skunk shots superman)

Black capped chickadees are a north american bird that does not migrate, well rarely. Anyway this bird has the amazing capability of lowering its internal body by 10-12 degree celcius to lower the ratio between outside temp and body temperature to conserve energy. It is also able to create more heat by vibrating its massive chest muscles in times of extreme cold.

Concerning how this bird eats is also nothing short of amazing. Rather than scatter hoarding, which is placing small piles of food in many different areas, this bird has the cognitive ability to place inidividual pieces of food in thousands of different location and recall each and everyone of them for up to a month.

What I find incredible is how such a small bird can withstand such fierce canadian winters without dying off.

You guys should also check out the gray jay

Zathir

Great skunk shots supermanlives :D

Here you are some my old pics:
30389IMG_7265-med.JPG

I love to smoke joints there:
30389IMG_7219-med.JPG

30389IMG_7214-med.JPG

30389IMG_7211-med.JPG

enjoy!