What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natural selection , Best way to use...

SmokinErb

So far I've had no luck with the beans. I left them in damp paper towels at about 82F for the past 4 days. Nothing even cracked. So I put them in a shot glass full of warm water to test the viability. All 10 sank. I'll probably leave them in there until tomorrow and put 'em back in some paper towels. Gonna keep hoping for the best, and in the meantime I'll probably place an order for some cheap beans, Mandala Satori, perhaps in case they just don't germinate. Don't want to get everything dialed in on pricey genetics just yet.

Not really sure what's going wrong. Never had a germination issue before now.

NSPB

Not too sure what to tell you. I soaked 20 and within 12 hours all had cracked. Placed them in paper towels and within 24 hours all had tails....the other few that have gotten a hold of these seeds have had successful germinations as well...

NSPB

SmokinErb

The seeds soaked for about 12 hours, and it seems to have softened the shells a little as several have cracked. No tails, but there is a hairline crack on many that may or may not have been there before, didn't do more than glance at them.

I'm scuffing them with an emery board and sticking them back in some fresh paper towels soaked in dechlorinated water. I'll give it another couple of days before I attempt to extract them myself. I squeezed one seed slightly in a manner to "open" it, and the crack gapped more to the point I could see a tail. Still hoping for the best! The seeds were perfectly viable, so if this fails, it was 100% user error. Hopefully they're just a little stubborn.

SmokinErb

No luck with 'em. Extracted them a few days later and hoped for the best, but they never budged. Just got a small seed order in the mail today to get the room dialed in with - Mandala's Satori, Cannabiogen Caribe fem, and Cannbiogen Leshaze fem. Also got some Big Bud#1 freebies. The beans are in the seed starting mix in plug trays. Gonna do it the natural way this time.

Got bloom rooms built where the light is pictured above. Each bloom room is 3'6" x 2'3" x 5' with a 600w HPS in a cool tube on a flip/flop. Veg will be done on top of those boxes in a "tent" constructed around the T5 light. All 3 will be cooled by a common fan/filter housed in a "lung" box and vented into the attic.

Been keeping the soil mix damp and mix it up regularly. Won't be long now.

NSPB

bizarre. Sorry for the fail... I tried. ;)

Best of luck with the next round. Love to see ya get your garden up and running!

NSPB

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
heres the JPJ

SOUR BUBBLE

very frosty pics dont do it justice

BLUEBERRY

i think these shoiuld be bigger then they are for 50 days or so they have the leaf curl(claw)a bit to much .

ABUSIVE HAZE

stuff is putting out some resin early on..i took a look back in my other thread to see how they did the 1st time i grew these out in my reg soil mix ,of course i didnt take any close ups.im sure they are doing WAAAYY better in this mix as are the others .

NSPB

Thanks Chucky...

I think once I add the nettle to the mix and get the N loads balanced a bit more perfectly, we can get even better results. However, I'd say by looking at the pics, we are running a bit high in the N department as a whole...

I've got the formula adjusted and figured out in my mind...be putting it to real world testing in the next two weeks....have 5 different changes to make, but have to make them all one at a time to see what is really causing any differences that might be seen. Must be able to pinpoint exactly what we want to do!

Super excited to see them as healthy as they are Chucky! I'm glad your resin profiles are getting more dramatic...after all, cannabis is the messenger, resin is the message!

NSPB

NSPB

Another thing I want to mention..in a living organic medium...the plant is going to feed as long as it can successfully uptake nutrients. To stop this process and get a much better "flush" and better burning final product, simply stop watering 3-5 days before harvest. Remember the point of a flush is to get a plant to use up all the nutrients remaining in its leaves. If the soil becomes too dry the plants roots cannot feed, this is effectively forcing the plant to use its reserves. Organics are sooooo simple!

NSPB

K

Krshna

Awesome! Just found this thread, and I'm excited to see you making a product like this! I hope everything goes smooth for you, and that it is available soon. Put me down for a few bags for sure!!
Krshna

NSPB

I owe all of you an immense apology.

I no longer have the money, the means, or the resources to pursue this endeavor. I had hoped life would afford me the option of slowly growing this and getting it into the hands of more and more people....however, you work with the cards dealt.

The NSPB: FLF mix is dead until further notice.

Once again, it works amazingly. I'm just broke, losing my home and facing the reality of homelessness. These are the sacrifices I made and the risks I took and the burden I accept...

NSPB

M

mugenbao

I really hope things work out for you, man. I'm bummed to hear that you are having troubles, and we'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

SmokinErb

I'm sorry to hear this. I came back to post my current results using NSPB as they were just transplanted from 1/4 strength to full strength mix to finish up vegging. I'm seeing a couple problems on two of the plants - one is some obvious minor nute burn on the tips of one plant, nothing that's going to hurt it. The other is some brown/yellow spots on another, but nothing on the tips, so I don't really know about that one. The other 6 are looking fantastic! Actually, one was stunted during transplant out of the plugs so its a bit behind, and it needs a pH adjustment (which its getting today). I use tap water that sits in a rubbermaid tub for at least 24 hours before use, when I originally tested my tap water it was in the upper 6's, and after sitting lower 7's. I tested it yesterday and it came out of the tap upper 7's and after sitting it's around 8.5!

I think a lot of people have been having a really hard time lately. Myself included. Just lost my job, the girlfriend is a part-time waitress which isn't going to pay the bills, so we too, are realistically facing eviction - we have enough money saved up to pay the rent for a few more months and she's coming around to accepting the idea of me selling my crop off (She's okay with growing, not okay with dealing) in order for us not to lose this place. Keep your head up, man. It'll all be okay in the end.

NSPB

We'll get things figured out. I too have the yellowing and brown spotting on the leaves of some plants, but only in older stages of growth and in the middle of the fan leaves from time to time. HONESTLY, I'm not 100% sure what causes it but it doesn't seem to affect anything and it doesn't happen all the time or to all plants. The only thing this can lead me to believe is that I am not mixing my soil as well as I think and have created a hot spot of one thing or another. The ONLY thing I can think that is actually causing this is either too much silica or perhaps its from the dry molasses in some way or another. It is an ODD thing to see happen...lol...why I suggest these two things, I have my theories and will work out the kinks in the appropriate areas. It at first seems to be a deficiency, but the tips are burnt so that doesn't make sense...hahaha...then it leaves me to believe it is a toxicity of sorts from a hot spot.

THANK YOU, seriously, for the honest feed back. Every little odd detail that people report back to me helps me dial in things...especially if it is something that I am also seeing in my own plants...this shows me there is consistency regardless of strain and helps me elimiate that concept of thought and focus my efforts towards a more proper solution.

In the other aspect of things, I am still around to answer any questions you might have regarding your garden and wish you nothing but the best success!! Especially now that I know what this harvest is riding on...ouch. Good karma your direction, for certain. Hope my efforts result in your effots being bountiful!!

NSPB

NSPB

Folks, I'm cutting all extras...even sold my box spring and matress...sleeping on carpet. I feel called to this aspect of my life...it will happen. Give me 90 days...life can change drastically in such a short time. I will not fail...I will see this through for all. This is my mark....my contribution to the movement. It matters to me more than words give credence. I love this plant...I want everyone to grow it better...more natural...I am working day and night to make this a reality...I Promise.

NSPB