What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natural selection , Best way to use...

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for those that have seen me grow out my bkgk cut (pre 98 bubba x grape krush) you should know i usually get 1-1.5 ounces per plant with a 28 day veg from clone. so far this test round of flower with the cut has showed more rapid growth and chunkier, heavier tops. these are still a few weeks from being done but you can already see the yield has been increased a bit. lovin it so far!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i have to say, using organic amended peat and recycled soil myself this would be a nice alternative to those having trouble getting on with organic amendments. ive only done a few rounds myself, measuring and mixing in each individual thing, and crossing my fingers. if it was cost effective i would switch to a product like this now, as its so hard for me to get amendments like yucca, flax, neem seed, and even alfalfa meal. and its a pita buying 40 lbs of something you only need 10 lbs of at a time. i hope this gets off the ground sometime soon id love to try it. best of luck to you DF

NSPB

I am loving the results I am seeing in here Phillthy...simply beautiful plants. Very anxious to see the end result and to hear the final differences!

Nothing better than just add water...how can it get ANY easier!

NSPB

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am loving the results I am seeing in here Phillthy...simply beautiful plants. Very anxious to see the end result and to hear the final differences!

Nothing better than just add water...how can it get ANY easier!

NSPB

that is the chunkiest i have got bkgk yet. and... they arent done until feb 8th! hahaha

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
man oh man that BKGK is 1 frosty tasty looking lady .i hope that mix comes to the general public sooooooon.just add water,now how could my cuz screw that up ,unless he doesnt PH the water

NSPB

man oh man that BKGK is 1 frosty tasty looking lady .i hope that mix comes to the general public sooooooon.just add water,now how could my cuz screw that up ,unless he doesnt PH the water

Thank you for the kind words. It is really on my shoulders at this point to see this through. Where there is a will...there is a way.

To keep all issues with pH simple, I just head to the local grocery store and fill 5 gallon jugs with one of those RO/refill stations. Cost less than $0.50 a gallon and is pretty much as clean / perfect as water can be.

I have no need for a pH pen in my garden...which is not to say I am that special. Most all organic gurus ditch their meters once they have found that special balance in their mix...

NSPB

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
the well water at my cuzs house is over 8 using 1 of the 3 drops to a half vial of water match to color chart on back of the bottle.the water turns blue i have to use a table spoon of ph dwn to 5 gals water.carting buckets of water out to the country where my grow is ,not happening so i do the best i can with what i got there

NSPB

Well, I have talked with Phillthy about his results. Most do not realize that his most current garden pictures are all plants that have been growing in the mix.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=15172

Current pages 1 and 2 are all plants grown in the mix.

When he did his first test in the mix, it was using 5 BKGK and 1 Sour Bubble. However, the fullness of the results are not in as these plants were not vegged in the mix, but rather his old fertilizer mix. When just transplanting into the mix for flower his results were as follows:

BKGK was taken down a week early with roughly a 40% increase in yield and the buds had a more pronounced grape-y flavor.

He also noted his plants were vegging much faster, saying his seedlings were bigger in two weeks than were his rooted clones. And by faster, I gathered he has been able to literally veg for two weeks less than prior to using the mix and still get the same amount of growth.

So a quick summary: faster growth, higher yield, more flavor. He told me his previous mix allowed for about 70% of all plants to grow with out any signs of deficiency. This has now been increased to roughly 90%+ of all plants in his garden. Plants that are super heavy feeders, like Chem 4, seem to want a bit extra.

I trust the results in his garden as much as if it was done myself. The goal here is to get 100% of our medicine growing without any issue. The base formula will be tweaked again to be a little bit stronger and there are still two ingredients I've yet to source for what I would say is the final version...

Hope this helps, Chuck.

NSPB

M

mugenbao

Wow! Had to subscribe after reading about this stuff in Phillthy's thread. I really hope this makes it to market in my area :)

NSPB

I am shooting for a full blown ICMag vendor forum by years end. When I am able to achieve this slight hurdle in the timeline, the entire world can and will have access to the mix. By then, it will be even more refined with the additions of nettle and yucca.

I'm simply taking my time and doing things the right way...messing up my garden before I suggest you try something new and mess up yours!

But as the results come in, it has been encouraging to know I'm not crazy thinking I'm on to something here...that the resutls I was seeing in my own garden can be seen and experienced by other gardeners... And it really can be as simple as just adding water to a properly amended medium. The benefit to the medical communities could be profound...

NSPB

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i will post here what i think of your mix brother. i just mixed sunday and will let cook for 2 weeks then i will transplant a few of zeps gear and some of DJs blueberry

NSPB

Chucky - Congratulations on your resourcefulness! ;)

Would LOVE to know a few more specifics of what you did and all. Hopefully these are plants you have run before so you can truly have a comparison. Although, I suppose you SHOULD be able to notice a difference in many general areas as well, if you are used to "reading" the fan leaves.

In regards to your water source...I've been using tap water this past two weeks on a group of test clones in veg. My tap is certainly not the best...keep in mind I havent used meters on it, but there is chlorine and all the rest of the nasties. The difference between the plants after one week of city/tap water compared to those that received RO...is significant. By two weeks, the RO group was root bound and the city/tap group was actually inches shorter, lacked side branching, showed lockout of N and Ca, and was losing the fans in lower foliage. The city/tap group also stopped needing water daily by week 2 and was then watered every other day, where the control group using RO, the medium was dry daily and midway through the first week, would be shrinking away from the container edges due to being overly dry...

For anyone that says EC and pH is not important in organics...well, I have to say hogwash. The quality of your water source, like anything else, is going to be a direct factor on your garden. If you use poor water, even the best organically amendended medium is not going to perform at its optimum. If everything else is 100% perfect and you slack on water quality...you are going to have a less than satisfactory...forget organic experience....GROWING experience whether it be corn, green beans...or your medicine.

NSPB

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
heres a few girls i got in the NSPB

zepps CAPPUCHINO
some JOHN PAUL JONES

SOUR BUBBLE

i will keep this updated .i can see improvement in the garden already .a couple sour bubs went into my old mix a few weeks before the few that are in the new mix and there is a big difference in resin production and size of colas .the JPJ are really putting on weight fast but i dont really remember how they grew when i grew them a few yrs back.

NSPB

looking good and healthy so far Chucky!

I've been following the threads, and sorry you lost a few to mold now as well...

Doesn't matter how good one part is, but if the environment slips at all, well, welcome problems...

Hope those spores don't spread too far...might be best to pull everything out and use a mild bleach solution on the walls and floor just to make sure nothing comes back...

Looking forward to seeing your end results and hearing your opinions!!!

NSPB

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i already see a big difference in stalk size ,resin production.they all look alot healthier in your mix then what i was using but mine didnt look bad either for the mix i was using.now im spoiled for a lil while hahahah tanx again for doing what you do

SmokinErb

I'll be trying out the NSPB as well. I've mixed it all yesterday, basically used Phillthy's recipe and added 4 gallons ewc and 1 cuft of coco. And I used pro mix hp rather than bx. We'll see if 2 bags cant stretch another 7 gallons.

Genetics are also from Phillthy. Kyle kushman's strawberry cough (kksc) x sweet tooth #4. Will start more beans once the room is dialed in.

I'll be growing mainly sativas so I should benefit from the slightly lighter mix.

fmme5x.jpg

qryv4p.jpg

2rxu1w7.jpg

2s60d42.jpg

NSPB

Very glad to see you have found your way to the mix! If you have any questions or issues, you know how to hunt me down! Good luck and I look forward to seeing your results. All of ICm will be watching to see how those KKSC x Swt#4 come out as well...hehehe.

NSPB