What's new

Natural Living Soil and No-Till thread for Beginners

V

vonforne

did the title of this thread change?

yes, there were many who did not like the rols thing that was associated with the former crew and many who did not like the rols title for other reasons. So, I changed it to a more fitting title for the type of growing many of us do including yourself DM.

V:ying:

This is my first time using Kis Organics,can't get enough of the smell.It's heating up real nice these last couple of days.This is a pic at two days in.Last night I was turning it and it was smoking with me.I think this is going to turn out fantastic.

Since trying to build from scratch,I figure this is the way to go,most everything is in one convenient bag,great for those that have a hard time sourcing these fine ingredients.

I honestly think this will be my bench mark for the future.:dance013:

After seeing what are "extra side bed" did outside and the bud produced in our raised beds in the house before the upgrade really thinking of scraping big pots. One problem I had with my raised beds was drainage, thinking of putting rocks on the bottom and run some air lines in and pump in some air? Also will plant others with them like Chrissy's, Tansy, Wormwood, Marigolds, more maybe. We started cloning Chrissy's got around 50 in my grow garage it burns your eyes just going in there.

So a couple of days later,I add some tea that was brewed for 25 hrs,consisting of: EWC,compost and molasses.Turned in and then turned again in the am.

To tell you the truth,I will let this sit for approximately 30-60 days before I use it.I go by the smell,and time frame,temp, humidity,location of bins,type of bin etc.

The thing about organics is it makes me more grounded,so to speak.I can not get enough of nature.Sunday is a good day to plant a seed.

C

Carlos Danger

Are chrissys a reversed shortening for Chrysanthemums instead of "mums"?

Cooking soil is cool. I suggest cooking every organic soil before use. It doesn't matter if it's a supersoil or just bagged soil like FFOF, RO, etc.

V

vonforne

Don´t know Carlos I guess it would depend on what part of the country ya hail from.......

Yes meant mums they are cloning really well hearty plant.

I found some of my friends the Grindal worm tonight, I notice grindals love alfalfa decomposing does that give the plant nitrogen directly?

Grindals

V

vonforne

no-till room in about week 4

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

Carlos Danger

Battling budworms outdoors! Awful creatures. The poor girl looked terrible soaked down this evening. I was unforgiving in drenching every branch and I'll see in the morning what cosmetic damage has been done.

V

vonforne

What are you using for it? BT? I had Hemp worms for a minute but BT cured that.

We are battling mold and white flies on a few plants outdoors. Not sure best way to deal with the white flies I thought the predatory mites would help control. It is not bad only two plants, but need to eliminate them. A friend gave me a cup of probiotic culture I have in bottles growing should be done in a few days, that should help with the mold maybe even the white flies? Going to thin the plants out tomorrow and might hit the plants with some baking soda and Dr Bonners peppermint soap to help stop mold. Or should I just nail it with H2O2?.

What do you mean Bud worms on plants or in soil Sir Carlos, we found a few little green worms in the bud with some webbing and mold around them need elimination!!

C

Carlos Danger

Von, I just started with BT last night. Gave the sort of soak down that left my girl looking like a wet poodle. I'm more afraid of them staying dry and alive inside the buds than anything else. I also have Spinosad on backup in case this bt doesn't take. Having to pick the brown dead top off a cola really is awful.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I feel your pain Carlos... hang in there and let us know how it's going with that treatment. :)

C

Carlos Danger

The BT treatment took. Plant looked like hell for a day, new pistil growth has already commenced.

Guy gave me a call last week, "I got some GS Cookies". "No ya don't" I thought but got some from him Anyway. It looks nothing like the photos posted on the ic so I'm assuming that name hype has reached the east coast. The problem is I wish I knew what this stuff really is, because it's fucking perfect. Whoever grew this stuff cut it at perfect ripeness, it's been cured perfectly, it burns perfectly. The taste and smell are so good I skip the bong for a pipe and the effect is sublime. I have never been so surprised by a random pickup bag in my entire life. I stand in awe of this unknown grower has shamed my limited abilities.