What's new

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star/Dwarf Planet Between Jupiter and Mars

WasntMe

I cant wait till hes president so we can start up this space colonization shit

Imagine? lol someone with more the 5 brain cells to rub together in charge. Add Jacque Fresco as VP or at least Secretary of the Interior and I'm in.

Space Toker

Veteran
Space travel and research is anything but a waste of money, it may be the only thing that can save the inhabitants of Earth from annihilation in fact. We need to get FAR MORE SERIOUS about exploring and settling space, and it will pay for itself many thousands of times over, and if we don't we are doomed.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
No way we would see it through a telescope being so far out even if it is there and is huge. I have always found comets and things outside the normal solar system very interesting, but we know allmost nothing about them... We just decided fucking pluto was not a planet and the area in question is much farther out... 15,000 AU DAMN!

This wikkipedia entry has a lot on it. Coll pic of scale too..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyche_(hypothetical_planet)

Space Toker

Veteran
you know what a trip also?

not wasting our money on space exploration, and how about an idea... giving the money to schools.. wow that's such a complex idea it's way beyond the comprehension of the government

You are seriously confused over the scope of the budget. NASA's total budget is around 16 billion I think, even some single billionaires have more than that! The military is the single biggest consumer of the budget at at least 200 billion. Schools in small towns have million dollar budgets, multiply that across the whole country, and what would you be able to buy the children if you eliminated NASA, an eraser for their pencils maybe? You clowns crack me up, those that think science is not a worthy investment when it is responsible for all progress to date. Pure ignorance talking, without any grasp on reality or the facts.

zenoonez

Veteran
Its actually not that difficult if you can bio-engineer a good closed loop system. Of course we are a hundred years away from being about to truly do it, but that has a lot to do with us taking the past 30 years off in terms of manned space exploration. We would need to discover a source of energy such as He3 in vast enough quantities and in locations accessible enough throughout space to be viable.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
People have this notion that we went to the moon, dug a big hole, buried $50 billion and came back with a jar of Tang. That never happened. Never once has a single penny been spent in space. Every penny was spent here on earth, creating jobs and industries that create new taxpayers to fund things like schools, hospitals, fire trucks...

Robert Heinlein was slowly becoming a vegetable until NASA funded research saved him. I have a diabetic buddy who had to wake and adjust himself several times a night and went over 20 years without a proper nights sleep. Now, with NASA funded research, he has an automated insulin pump that adjusts him through the night.

Our cell phones, GPS, satellite TV don't even scratch the surface of NASA benefits to humanity.

Hate to break it yas, but NASA had diddly-squat to do with the development of cellphones......

M

Mountain

This is the tokers den what do you expect, welcome to ic mag hehe
Yeah the Den is not necessarily the place for serious discussion/debate even on some pretty wild topics. Been here at IC on and off for quite a few years so understand and have a thick skin to deal with the Troglodytes. Have heard about Elenin/Nibiru/whatever awhile back. Some friends are really into this stuff. We'll see what happens later this year. This whole thing started 'underground' a long time ago and very fringe to say the least. I'm still not convinced. Some say the Nephilim/Anunaki, or something like that, are coming back to collect their dues.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Its actually not that difficult if you can bio-engineer a good closed loop system. Of course we are a hundred years away from being about to truly do it, but that has a lot to do with us taking the past 30 years off in terms of manned space exploration. We would need to discover a source of energy such as He3 in vast enough quantities and in locations accessible enough throughout space to be viable.

There are planets out there with civilizations so far beyond on us. I just love to think about what other planets could be like.

igrowone

Veteran
There are planets out there with civilizations so far beyond on us. I just love to think about what other planets could be like.

to trend back on topic, i see the SETI array(might be another name) is going to be turned off for lack of funds
hopefully, some deep pockets billionaire will step in

Honkytonk

to trend back on topic, i see the SETI array(might be another name) is going to be turned off for lack of funds
hopefully, some deep pockets billionaire will step in

They should televise Seti in a reality TV format to raise funds.
There seems to be an infinite demand for that stuff.
The Real E.T. Hunters Of Seti Shore...

E

Eatatjoes

It was the same way with cars at the beginning of the 1900's now everybody has one. Tv's, cell phones everything is improved and manufactured cheaper through the studies of science. It's only a matter of time.

I got neg rep for this and the message said:
manufactured cheaper, costs more to operate...

The reason they cost more to operate is all the government regulations, safety certification and insurance and registration and emissions control that have been put in place because of the greedy and the irresponsible. It's a no-brainer that space travel requires safety, we can't have a bunch of people strapping 10,000 lbs of fuel to their ass and shooting it off into who knows where.

Except me of course :D

2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts