What's new

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star/Dwarf Planet Between Jupiter and Mars

Space Toker

Veteran
wow I have some catching up to do but hahaha yeah supernova under Yellowstone! :D :D
Honest mistake though, especically when stoned. Super Volcano under Yellowstone is going to blow soon, of course soon in geological terms could be anytime within 1000 years. But if it blows in our lifetimes, we are seriously screwed!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
if the yellowstone caldera super volcano didnt blow for another 100,000 years it wouldnt be statistically significant + the size of the explosions seems to be getting smaller... but that shit has be as active as we have ever measured it...

Plenty of real things are much more likely. Like antibiotics losing their effectiveness. Think about ~100 years from now...
im still wondering what happened to pluto?
like what? what happened to pluto?

-

Space Toker

Veteran
yes but there as so many things seem to be converging, that some unlikely doomsday event seems likely soon! May not happen and certainly not scientific thinking but I can just feel something is going to happen soon! I am usually wrong luckily for the world! :D

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
yes but there as so many things seem to be converging, that some unlikely doomsday event seems likely soon! May not happen and certainly not scientific thinking but I can just feel something is going to happen soon! I am usually wrong luckily for the world! :D

The probability is such that it's gotta be nearly impossible for an unlikely doomsday event to seem likely. :) I mean if it seemed likely then it wouldn't be an unlikely doomsday event. :chin:

serious6

brown dwarf? so nasa is saying we were once a binary system right? then mars could be the "mother planet" and another civilization transfered everything to earth, mated with the cro magnum, creating the "missing link" in human genology! WOW!

now all i got to do is find a sasquatch who are rumored to live underground in north america. of course s/he may catch me and then..................................

ever seen one? i smelled one once; reminded me of a skunk in a septic field that was built on sulphur springs. did i investigate? did not have a gas mask.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
can i have what youre on?

I though Nasa said the Yeti's all left on Hale Bopp.

I have references...
image.jpg

What will happen to all of you on Dec 22, 2012 when the earth is still spinning like normal?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yeah... I posted a bet to that effect... (I was betting that we'd still be here) in this very thread. Not a single believer took me up on it and it was EXPLICITLY stated that it was only a gentleman's bet and they wouldn't stand to LOSE anything if they lost.

they STILL didn't bet.

Believers? Yeah, right.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
im still wondering what happened to pluto?

IMHO, If there were something out there that was capable of affecting the orbit of pluto (and cause an ice age here) and it was on a return course slated to arrive sometime in the next year, its gravitational effects would have been affecting the orbits of the planets in the outer solar system for a while now.

what happened to Pluto?

I was assuming he was asking why pluto's orbit takes it so far outside the eliptical plane of the majority of the mass in the solar system. It seems to me that he was speculating that a mystery "mass" is orbiting the sun at an angle to our own orbital plane and that this mass was responsible for Pluto's mis-alignment and periodic ice ages here on earth.

That's why I answered as above.

Is that what you meant, serious6?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well, now that you mention it, it has been downgraded from planet to dwarf planet.

So that happened.

:thank you:

Well technically that's not a change to the planet but rather a change to how/what we classify as planets. Therefore if that were the "happening" being referenced the correct question would have been "I'm still wondering what happened to how we classified Pluto?"

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Well technically that's not a change to the planet but rather a change to how/what we classify as planets. Therefore if that were the "happening" being referenced the correct question would have been "I'm still wondering what happened to how we classified Pluto?"

Hey... I was trying to give him an easy out.

Spoilsport.

serious6

yup after thousands of years; pluto is no longer a planet.

a planet is a mass that orbits the sun in a competitive orbit. pluto does and earth wobbles, nasa is full of scientists who all want papers written. im not a scientist so i cant answer.

MrMiagiSan

yup after thousands of years; pluto is no longer a planet.

a planet is a mass that orbits the sun in a competitive orbit. pluto does and earth wobbles, nasa is full of scientists who all want papers written. im not a scientist so i cant answer.
Pluto was discovered 1930, so its more like "after 80 years pluto is no longer...."