What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NASA Bruce - (Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo #13 F4)

TheMan13

Veteran
I purchased a Dino-Lite earlier this year. It really helps scoping the trichs with my eyesight, but my hand is not steady enough for postable pics ;-)~

G

Nice find stewart!

Nice thing about that one is the suction cup that holds it to the plastic base. I usually take a wood stool or such and sit it next to the plant. Use a cheap plastic quick release clamp from Lowe's and clamp the plastic base/card to the stool seat and its steady and use the flex stem to move the cam around while I watch the display on my 2in1. A short ladder or anything will work so I don't have to disturb the plants or cut off a sample to examine on a bench.

G

Thanks TM :tiphat:

USB Microscope.....brand was Mighty Scope but sure there are lots of others out there. This one does up to x200.

And damn them buds look delicious!

Not to drift off subject but the Mighty Scope looks cool @ 5MP! But a bit pricey for me. Your pics are awesome. If you have the flex head instead of the dial indicator type you can and obviously do the same as I do. Just that mine are only 2MP. Please dont tempt me to upgrade for just the sake of upgrading. For a hobby grower like me its overkill.

A

allthaidup

Not sure if I am doing this correctly so please bear with me :)
I'm still a rookie and I've found the NASA Bruce clones very easily and is not a fussy plant to grow either.

Okay, I'm going to try this again lol. I was attempting to multi-quote, received several server errors and figure to come back later

Well done unregistered, lovely plants indeed. Looking forward to your smoke report.

Kudos to TheMan for this cross. :tiphat:
My preliminary impression of the pheno's sampled thus far is euphoria, a nice heady high with out anxiety/ raciness, very functional, I was able to stay on task/ focused. I feel relaxed yet not sedated. No couch lock either (bonus for me). I will return for a more complete smoke report once these are cured up a bit more.

I have 2 pheno's of NB that went into flower 2 wks ago and I am pleased thus far. I have the seed plants (in flower) in soil less and the clones in RW. Both styles are producing strong vigorous plants. Easy to grow and clone. Not fussy at all and that's helpful for this rookie grower :woohoo:

Everyone should be hunting for the gold in these beans. :dance013:

TheMan13

Veteran
So how did this turn out?

It's still a work progress, but I'm extremely pleased with the stability and potency of this NASA Bruce F1 breeding. Top shelve meds IMHO.

I hope to fund labs this spring and try to make some sense of all the human R&D data points I've been collecting. I believe the possibility of a future F2 is great, especially with a little help from my friends ;-)~

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Picked up a pack of these, unfortunately won't be able to pop them until next fall but they will be top of the list!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Smoking a sample each morning to narrow down which one to run again. In tray are flowers from all four.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Time to get rolling a nice spliff.....NASA Bruce my #5 pheno. This or #3 will get run again. Will decide in a few more smoke sessions. So close to same it may not even matter. The shorter phenos (#2 and #4) were almost identical as well so basically 2 phenotypes from those 4 plants.

picture.php

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Isn't it nice when there is consistency in a line and you aren't discouraged or tempted to chase 4 or 5 different phenos? Man I wish it was still November so I had time to run these this winter.

TheMan13

Veteran
Time to get rolling a nice spliff.....NASA Bruce my #5 pheno. This or #3 will get run again. Will decide in a few more smoke sessions. So close to same it may not even matter. The shorter phenos (#2 and #4) were almost identical as well so basically 2 phenotypes from those 4 plants.

View Image

I'd have to agree with your analysis brother. To me the shorter phenos seem a bit more sweet with the taller phenos being a bit more fuely in flavor. I prefer the later as well.

shaggyballs

Veteran
picture.php

That's some fine looking plants you folks have put together.
Looks fantastic, yield looks good too.

I forget who said it??
But I am of the type that likes the taste test before deciding, sometimes you need to wait for a few week cure or you may get fooled.

As far as cutting some of these beautyful girls off the roster....that's tough.
Cuts are like women you want them all, but usually you can only choose one...why? :cry:

A

allthaidup

Hope you don't mind that I drop a pic of my #7 here :) She was never up potted so is still in a 1gal. + has been cut back and kept short on purpose. Not the best representation I'm sure yet is really easy to grow. This pic show the leaves yellowed, they are not though. Still 4-5 weeks out.

PsNDQEf.jpg

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Hope you don't mind that I drop a pic of my #7 here :) She was never up potted so is still in a 1gal. + has been cut back and kept short on purpose. Not the best representation I'm sure yet is really easy to grow. This pic show the leaves yellowed, they are not though. Still 4-5 weeks out.

View Image

Good to see you venturing to the dark side girl!

Awesome results for a 1 gal pot IMHO :tiphat:

TheMan13

Veteran

PsNDQEf.jpg

That looks very nice lady!

A

allthaidup

lol @DawnPatrol. Occasionally... we gotta do what we gotta do. Thanks, she's stacking up real nice for a small plant.

@420TheMan Thanks! I have 2 "pheno's" that also resemble each other very closely. Smoke report of course will be the deciding factor. This #7 went into flower first as we are trying to finish up with the soil plants. #2 went in 2 wks ago and I'll snap pix this week.

I suppose I'm trying to say that these are a breeze to grow. Excellent germination rate. Strong seedlings, clones easily and is not fussy at all.

Since I've had the opportunity to sample several pheno's and found them to be quite consistent in over all flavor and aroma + has the effects that I prefer, NASA Bruce will be a staple in my garden.

Well done brother :)

Latest posts

Latest posts