What's new

Name This Deficiency

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey MorrisGB,
Thanks for the honest back-up dude, does seem like the sensible approch, we completly agree with each other dude.:smoker::respect:
"Be-Lucky People"..........Scrogerman!!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, scogerman, dude, is it not possible that since, as you put it , he has a sensitive pheno issue, that the same pheno is not being subjected to water stress?

water stress can cause all sorts of symptoms that look like defiencies. he might actually have a nutrient problem but i doubt it because i have seen water stressed plants with that exact same leaf pattern. a calcium def ususally does not cause spotting along vein lines but rather random spotting.

i still strongly stand by primary water stress as the cause. if there is a calcium problem it is due to bad tap water. at 130 he is probably ok with his tap water. he seems to be feeding at a good strength.

i'm not jumping to any conclusions here. i'm just giving an opinion based on my own experience.

chizarium, how far do you let your levels fall before topping?

Scrogerman

Veteran
Oh Yeah!!!!

Oh Yeah!!!!

Hey Delta,
I beg to differ dude, if it was water stress the leaves would be looking a lot more droopy than that surely dude!! Them spots are All Over them leaves dude(mainly down the veins though). As Chizarium has said this Breed/Pheno(EL-NINO) is the only one displaying the issue. Dont you think he is treating it the same way in terms of water/watering as many of the other breeds he has grown out the same way.
'THEY ALL' Have shown no signs of the spotting, it is a sensitive Pheno Issue? As you said yourself base-rate ppm of the water is 130- why would it be a water stress issue, dont get that one buddy.(edit-i see what you r getting at now)
But hey everyone is entitled to an opinion and i'm sure he appreciates your input-lets let the man himself decide. As i have said originally some controls should be used, then he can really work things out. I do respect your opinion. I Still think a foliar application would fix this problem, Untill he tries one we wont know will we, Respect to you Delta.
Be-Lucky..............Scrogerman (UK)_(its a long shot but after thinking about it maybe you do have a point-still looks Ca/ph lock related though)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Things like this really facinate me as there are loads of variables to consider......
you only tend to get to the bottom of things(if you are lucky enough to) by running controls, i love experimenting with controls. 'Be-Lucky All'............ Scrogerman'
Ps I would Agree with Abuldur.....................Respect!! (but his base rate water is 130ppm) (Kh) this is just soft if i'm not mistaken! 140+=medium hard

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Hey Delta,
I beg to differ dude, if it was water stress the leaves would be looking a lot more droopy than that surely dude!! Them spots are All Over them leaves dude(mainly down the veins though). As Chizarium has said this Breed/Pheno(EL-NINO) is the only one displaying the issue. Dont you think he is treating it the same way in terms of water/watering as many of the other breeds he has grown out the same way.
'THEY ALL' Have shown no signs of the spotting, it is a sensitive Pheno Issue? As you said yourself base-rate ppm of the water is 130- why would it be a water stress issue, dont get that one buddy.
But hey everyone is entitled to an opinion and i'm sure he appreciates your input-lets let the man himself decide. As i have said originally some controls should be used, then he can really work things out. I do respect your opinion but dont agree personally, Still think a foliar application would fix this problem, Untill he tries one we wont know will we, Respect to you Delta.
Be-Lucky..............Scrogerman (UK)_(its a long shot but after thinking about it maybe you do have a point-still looks Ca/ph lock related though)

it can be a water stress problem no matter what the water quality is because of the mechanics of the operation of his particular setup. the fact that the other plants have no symptoms is irrelevant as plants react differently. so , it could still possibly be a water stress issue with perfect water, perfect nutes, and perfect ph.

i would still like to hear from chizarium about his water levels. a photo of the roots would go a long way.

as far as leaves drooping, plants with slight droop might have a slight water stress problem and plants with severe droop could have severe problems.

the water stress issue in general is related to the statements i made about the water level dropping too much and air roots growing in the vacated space and then getting drowned.

this has nothing to do with water quality or nutrients or ph. it is a mechanical phenomenon that will cause problems with all the above. most plants in containers suffer from this to some extent.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
albuldar, the beneficials you added are chelating the calcium carbonate molecules into forms your plants can take up more easily. good thinking. your link is not coming up for some reason.

Scrogerman

Veteran
it can be a water stress problem no matter what the water quality is because of the mechanics of the operation of his particular setup. the fact that the other plants have no symptoms is irrelevant as plants react differently. so , it could still possibly be a water stress issue with perfect water, perfect nutes, and perfect ph.

i would still like to hear from chizarium about his water levels. a photo of the roots would go a long way.

as far as leaves drooping, plants with slight droop might have a slight water stress problem and plants with severe droop could have severe problems.

the water stress issue in general is related to the statements i made about the water level dropping too much and air roots growing in the vacated space and then getting drowned.

this has nothing to do with water quality or nutrients or ph. it is a mechanical phenomenon that will cause problems with all the above. most plants in containers suffer from this to some extent.

I'd Agree- Well thought out dude!!
Good luck

OCkushKing

Could be Ozone Damage, are you running a ozone generator in or near the room? you said this has been happening with previous grows?

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Ventura,
The 40 years was rounded up...but close to it. First grow in the early 70s. I still use Peters 10-30-20 bloom nutrients on soil and coco. Anything but hydro. Reliable and with a good flush and cure...taste is fine.

chizarium...sorry no new ideas. I'll keep thinking though.
ET

Can you tell me what soil you use with the Peters 10-30-20 bloom nutrients?
The reason I ask is since Peters contains no Calcium or Magnesium this will tell me how much of these two cannabis really needs. I see many threads and people always claim it is a Mg or Ca deficiency yet I never saw any deficiency's when me and everyone I knew used Peters in soil. I used 5-50-17 for flowering and 20-20-20 for veg.

Back to chizarium's plants. At 8 weeks the fans leaves yellow and die on most indica type plants, but the spots are strange.

I'd start with a temperature adjustment and lower humidity. Possibly different nutes also...

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm an all out skeptic about the whole leaf whisperer thing. I mean being able to take a fairly non specific leaf discoloration and come up with some correct deficiency or overage on some specific nutrient.

LOL, I love it "leaf whisperer".
And I agree, 95% of the time people are just guessing... and most of time they are wrong.

Which is why if I had a friend growing I would tell him or her to stick to what works 100% of the time...

E

EvilTwin

Ventura,
I just use a local topsoil mixed 50/50 with a peat based soil-less mix. But you're incorrect on the Mg. Both Peter's 20-20-20 and 10-30-20 include adequate Mg...but no Ca.

So the Ca++ comes from the soil and from my water.

I started having Mg issues when I grew White Widow a few years back. So a little Epsom salts added to the mix took care of that. Far as Ca deficiencies. I'm a little perplexed because every leaf with brown spots gets labeled Ca deficiency. I've had brown spots from too much Ca. It's sort of a generic stress symptom in my mind.

I like your bloom mix better then mine. I supplement some P and K to the Peters. Bought a 25 pound bag of the 10-30-20 so I'll be using it for awhile longer!
ET

Lorenzo

like a few others have said, need to cut the N sooner on that strain. having the same thing happen on my GHS white rhino. using flora nova bloom. 5-6 weeks into flowering. too much N = Ca lockout. are your roots a little under developed too? a little claw in those leaves? i switched to half strength FNB + cha ching (any PK booster would do it) and she's finishing up strong now.

if this is happening well into flowering, i say just res change her and give a mostly flora bloom solution. like 1:3 of M:B

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Guys,
There are actually a fair number(a lot) of variables with water and nutes that can lock out (Ca) Calcium, thats why a lot of people are assuming it is, because to be honest it probably is a 'Ca' lock in a lot of cases.(Ca toxidity can cause the spotting also) Most litreature involving growing weed will tell you this. Variables, there are always variables to consider. The best way to fix a reoccuring problem such as this would be to run some controls, then you may actually get to the bottom of things.
Be-Lucky People................'Scrogerman! :joint::joint:

kur4o

Dude LISTEN CAREFULLY

THIS DEFICIENCY IS CAUSED by MAGNESIUM.
It can be caused by too much phosphorous too. which blocks Mg.
add imidiately some epsom salt. The leaves won`t recover, but new growth won`t be affected

Some strains need much more Mg, than others, usually sativa strains need alot more than indica strains.
So don`t dump your genetics add Mg

foaf

Veteran
he has used calmag before and the same thing happened

Certainty is the enemy of wisdom. I'm positive of that.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Dude LISTEN CAREFULLY

THIS DEFICIENCY IS CAUSED by MAGNESIUM.
It can be caused by too much phosphorous too. which blocks Mg.
add imidiately some epsom salt. The leaves won`t recover, but new growth won`t be affected

Some strains need much more Mg, than others, usually sativa strains need alot more than indica strains.
So don`t dump your genetics add Mg

No Offence but before you go giving out advice you should be knowing what you are talking about. Think you need to study some, as them leaf symtoms look absolutly NOTHING like a Mg def. Sorry but you are way wrong dude lol!
:laughing::laughing::laughing: 'Yeah tell people to be adding this and that and cause more problems- 'Good Thinking!