What's new

NAIL Choice for Oil/Wax - Glass or Titanium?

NAIL Choice for Oil/Wax - Glass or Titanium?

• Glass - Classic is best!

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Titanium - Modern Tech rules!

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Never used a nail but want to.

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • What is this wax/oil you speak of?

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

dope_roor

we have been distributing a line of hand blown glass nails to all our CA dispensaries and have added the Ti to the line now too.
IMHO oil and wax are the future of smoking.
Our chemical tests on the liquid oxygen wax come back at 65-75% THC depending on the strain.
How can you compare that experience to regular flower?
So now it's about finding the best, purest delivery system.
That's why I want to know what everyone thinks about all this.

a bit OT but have you witnessed the oxygen extraction or is this something the vendor is claiming?

Ai Ze

google gives more than 10000 results for nerve illness in corelation with titanium

and less than 10 results for nerve illness in corlation with bs-glass

enjoy your health :)

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
Where in my post did I say anything about extracts vs. flowers? I don't smoke herb much anymore these days, strickly vaping concentrates off of Ti. I was stating my belief that titanium is a more inert, safer material to heat and vape off of than borosilicate or quartz glasses.

my question was rhetorical.
I apologize for the confusion.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
a bit OT but have you witnessed the oxygen extraction or is this something the vendor is claiming?

as far as I know there are 3 people in Cali doing liquid oxygen extraction.
Yes, Ive seen it and it's a closed pressurized system.
Industrial food grade stainless steel system.
The wax is the smoothest smoke I've ever had. especially when vaped on a nail.
Big taste difference from butane as there is no chemical taste or aftertaste to the hit.

QTS

google gives more than 10000 results for nerve illness in corelation with titanium

So are you just searching and noting the result count, or actually looking @ articles to evaluate information? How did the Ti get in the peoples system, powder inhilation, toxicity from industrial processes? How about posting a link to something showing toxicity to vapors from titanium being heated. Heavy metal toxicity as a result from breathing in vapors of melting glass is a very real thing.

Edit: Found a MSDS on Titanium and Ti alloy that states this:
No toxic effects would be expected from its inert solid form or under normal usage such as forging and heating. Prolonged, repeated exposure to fumes or dusts generated during cutting, grinding, or welding may cause adverse health effects...
The entire pdf can be found here: http://titanium.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Material-Safety-Data-Sheet.pdf

Last edited:

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
So are you just searching and noting the result count, or actually looking @ articles to evaluate information? How did the Ti get in the peoples system, powder inhilation, toxicity from industrial processes? How about posting a link to something showing toxicity to vapors from titanium being heated. Heavy metal toxicity as a result from breathing in vapors of melting glass is a very real thing.

The entire pdf can be found here: http://titanium.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Material-Safety-Data-Sheet.pdf

thank you
good link!

RulaTone

Veteran

Hey brother...leave the para...
You are right, Ti is not inert with human body.
It was observed on very sensitive people that Ti can cause problems when used for dental protesis or jewelry. Both are long and continuous time exposure to heat, saliva or sweat acids etc...
Since you are not wearing or eating the pad, you shouldn't have any problem...
Also Ti oxids are not inert but they melt at over 2000°c so it's very low risk to inhale them. And it's only a very thin layer you can barely clean at hand...

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

are you quantam time space? (QTS)

Ai Ze

Hey brother...leave the para...
You are right, Ti is not inert with human body.
It was observed on very sensitive people that Ti can cause problems when used for dental protesis or jewelry. Both are long and continuous time exposure to heat, saliva or sweat acids etc...
Since you are not wearing or eating the pad, you shouldn't have any problem...
Also Ti oxids are not inert but they melt at over 2000°c so it's very low risk to inhale them. And it's only a very thin layer you can barely clean at hand...

its not about paranoia, i couldnt care less what other ppl do with their health, and my statements arent for the wannabe in crowd

let me remind you, 30 years ago .. asbestos was the shit, today we know it better

so if ppl talk about meds (ganja) its pretty diabolic to leave one factor open that could (potentially) be hazardous

everything i wrote is ment for ppl to start thinking about it, every period has its "fashion" victims ... one leader with a hord of sheeps

tho a bit of common sense should be enough, but thread participators want even to prechew all infos for them ... so much about nerve illness in corelation with titanium ;)

all i can say, you taste titanium as you taste copper or steel, and im saying this bc i had a titanium pipe, and if ppl like to inhale that metal its their destiny to do so, no matter what i say or write ... history repeats itself, see you in 20 - 30 years again with some infos .. and i will be there to tell everybody "i told you so"

damn, even extraction methods are questioned here, whats more healty bho or co2 or oxygen or whatever, sorry i just dont understand this way of thinking

well anyway, its here for everybody to read, and im out of this thread, bc its going towards an endless loop .. and we can argue about it till the end of days without any proper conclusion...

good night, good fight :tiphat:

QTS

its not about paranoia, i couldnt care less what other ppl do with their health, and my statements arent for the wannabe in crowd

let me remind you, 30 years ago .. asbestos was the shit, today we know it better

so if ppl talk about meds (ganja) its pretty diabolic to leave one factor open that could (potentially) be hazardous

everything i wrote is ment for ppl to start thinking about it, every period has its "fashion" victims ... one leader with a hord of sheeps

tho a bit of common sense should be enough, but thread participators want even to prechew all infos for them ... so much about nerve illness in corelation with titanium ;)

all i can say, you taste titanium as you taste copper or steel, and im saying this bc i had a titanium pipe, and if ppl like to inhale that metal its their destiny to do so, no matter what i say or write ... history repeats itself, see you in 20 - 30 years again with some infos .. and i will be there to tell everybody "i told you so"

damn, even extraction methods are questioned here, whats more healty bho or co2 or oxygen or whatever, sorry i just dont understand this way of thinking

well anyway, its here for everybody to read, and im out of this thread, bc its going towards an endless loop .. and we can argue about it till the end of days without any proper conclusion...

good night, good fight :tiphat:

Hey Ai Ze, how are you doing this fine day?!

I find your words "my statements arent for the wannabe in crowd" and "every period has its "fashion" victims ... one leader with a hord of sheeps" to be a bit insulting, and I imagine others reading them might as well. I personally have been vaping off Ti for around 6 years (thanks again HMK), but beforehand I researched in to what it was and why it was a good choice. Don't just assume people are ignorant because you think you know it all.

I don't know if you saw my posts back there, but I even linked to a Material Safety Data Sheet that pretty much puts Titanium in the clear for this particular use, and other information can be easily found. I ask again, rather than making unfounded statements about things you're saying you know, why don't you post up some sources? Give us a few references about this "titanium nerve illness" that's seemingly as rampant as lung diseases and cancers brought on by asbestos, so that we can all be privy to the information. I have searched, and would post links to things I found about it, but there doesn't seem to be anything there.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=titanium nerve illness

I am glad this thread got posted though, as again, I've been concerned with the safety of heating up glass to a red hot point then breathing vapors off semi-molten boro. Ask most any glassblower why they have ventilation, they'll tell you it's so they don't poison themselves with heavy metal toxicity and silicosis.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
I am glad this thread got posted though, as again, I've been concerned with the safety of heating up glass to a red hot point then breathing vapors off semi-molten boro. Ask most any glassblower why they have ventilation, they'll tell you it's so they don't poison themselves with heavy metal toxicity and silicosis.

exactly why I wanted to have this discussion.
it seems our icmag experts say Ti is the way to go so far.
Ti is blowing away glass in the poll.

i bet you could tell the difference between a titanium and copper pipe or a aluminium pipe and a steel pipe or .. (insert metal of choice) with closed eyes (like all of us here)

and why, bc each "tastes" different, and well that "taste" are small atomic size given off particles which are dangerous when inhaled

titanium has its excellent uses, without a doubt, just not inhaled .. similiar to water ...

glass is tasteless compared to metals and by that a lot safer

There is a much more likely explanation for differences in taste. Titanium, Copper, etc. are all very good catalysts. So the combustion reaction and therefore its products differ with different materials. It is very unlikely that Ti is severed from the Nail in relevant amounts.

In Addition to that, copper and aluminium have way lower melting/boiling Points than Titanium. Also you suck on a copperpipe(e.g.), where saliva could react and get copper salts in your sytem. Using a Nail there are no elektrolytes, so you really can't compare a (copper)pipe to an oil dome.

Concerning the glass blowers ventialtion systems. They are usually working with torches, which leave great heat and waste gases. Maybe they are trying not to suffocate or melt instead of protecting themselves from hazardous traces in the glass.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
no, its the hazardous metals and other compounds released by the glass as you melt it that are the most important things to remove.

Ai Ze

So the combustion reaction and therefore its products differ with different materials. It is very unlikely that Ti is severed from the Nail in relevant amounts.

you sure have some stats on that, any numbers, any study ? .. ah ok not, just your opinion, thought so ...

and just fyi , heating a ti pad is also a combustion reaction

and very intresting that you will taste different (metal) tastes with a wooden mouth piece ...

so much about salvia and electrolytes ... lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

However, titanium loses strength when heated above 430 °C

or maybe that :

Titanium readily reacts with oxygen at 1,200 °C

lighters wont reach that temps, but torches sure will

this one is nice too

It does, however, have a tendency to bio-accumulate in tissues that contain silica.

fyi info, human body has 20mg/kg si

this thread amuses me, becomes better with every post ... lol ... just hillarious !

keep em comin gurlz

Latest posts

Latest posts