What's new

MZ12X IN USE!

leroy_jenkins

I did a Mason jar quick soak, and found it extracts quickly and thoroughly. I also found the extract to have excellent aroma and taste, and contrary to what some others have posted here and there, I got no more 'green tinge' than I get with canned butane using the same extraction procedure.

You almost need to freeze the cans to get the pressure down to a normal range. Also check out the YouTube video where they suggest using a little wad of steel wool packed in the top of the tube to diffuse the high pressure spray to keep excessive chlorophyl from being extracted.

They lowered their prices a little, but I still feel it's too expensive unless run in a closed loop system.

This is a great solvent, I hope it catches on, and possibly dominates the market.

Isn't steel wool made out of steel? And... forgive me if I am thinking about this wrong... isn't steel something that can help create sparks? This seems scary to me...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Isn't steel wool made out of steel? And... forgive me if I am thinking about this wrong... isn't steel something that can help create sparks? This seems scary to me...

Not likely to in this application, but you can also wad up a coffee filter to diffuse the stream, if you are concerned.

JointOperation

my mistake.. i was thinking about Pure ZHO.. pure zho.. is horrible for your. body.. its a flourinated hydrocarbon.. and when its vaporized.. its creates a carbonal flouride .. and its extremely toxic..

DragonMack

Has any one done any head to head testing of this product versus N-butane?

Would be awesome to see some pics and lab results from the same material extracted with each of these methods to compare the results.

Any one using this in an MKIII?

JointOperation

ok.. now I finally got into researching this stuff.. and I talked to a buddy who used it. said.. this.. if you use this .. and pull to much. u get a green and really dark product.. unlike butane.

basically.. u want to use a few different pyrexs and once u get the hang of it.. u will know when to move from dish 1 to dish 2.. and dish 2 to dish 3.. and if you do that.. u can end up with a smokeable hashoil in dish 1 .. if ur good and used to it.. smokeable in dish 2.. and edible in dish3.. but if u aren't used to extracting with it.. dish 1 is smoke.. dish 2 and 3 are edible or topical or whatever u want.

i was told there selling point was that u don't need to purge it with a chamber or vacuum oven to have a safe to smoke product.

A6 Grower

Veteran
From my experience i used a whole can for a 40g run, got no green stuff but i also froze my tube and can overnight in a chest freeer. I got a very nice light yellow extract that yielded about 15% compare to the 18% the butane got. The MZ stuff purged quicker in a dessicator with hot (90-100f) ceramic tiles being switched out every 15 minutes or so. With in a few hours i had a VERY stable shatter that was delicious and very smooth. I plan on doing some tests in a passive closed loop with this stuff but ive heard recovering ether multiple times could lead to explosive peroxides which wouldnt be good. But i still want to distill some and see whats left behind compared to butane.

JointOperation

so are we all on the same page that this stuff is legit.. safe to use? is the product any safer to consume..

i know were not as worried about butane as a solvent. but the waxes and parafins and lipids that it extracts.. is what alot of people are worried about as these can fuck up your lungs..

so anyone know if this is extracting more or less waxes. or ? and is freezing / chilling the cans of this stuff better or the same as not?

thanks . really hoping this stuff works better if not the same.

maybe someone that has this stuff. does a side by side on the same exact material. 1 butane. 1 this stuff. see what the difference is.

DragonMack

Butane vs MZ12X - quick comparison

Butane vs MZ12X - quick comparison

I finally broke down and purchased some MZ12X to compare it to butane. I used FasFil butane. Normally I distill the butane in my MK3, but to keep this simple I am doing open glass tube blows.

I placed both cans in the freezer for several hours before performing the extraction. Both were at 0 degree Fahrenheit.

I did not use a full can for each. I only passed solvent as long as it had color in it.

The MZ12X was slower out of the can at freezer temps. It was also much more aggressive as a solvent, and took less to perform the extraction.

I also ran additional MZ12X though the tube into a mason jar to ensure I had fully extracted the material. I ran an amount equal to twice that I used for the initial extraction and only got some very green and waxy extract that appeared to be garbage.

Water bath temperature 90 degree Fahrenheit

MZ12X

Looks darker than the butane extraction.

Butane

Appeared much lighter than MZ12X.

LEFT MZ12X / RIGHT Butane
picture.php

Hard to tell in the lighting of this shot, but the butane oil was much lighter.

In vac oven.
LEFT MZ12X / RIGHT Butane
picture.php

After final purge (low and slow)
(Note: sides switched)
LEFT Butane / RIGHT MZ12X

I purged them together, so temps and time were identical.

Quick overview of results:
Butane yielded 23.77% (11.4g bud shake - 2.71g oil)
MZ12X yielded 21.56% (10.9g bud shake - 2.35g oil)
Extracted from the same batch of bud shake.
Overall both are nice on the nail, but all who have sampled preferred the butane extract overall.

Attachments

• IMG_0064mod.jpg
    IMG_0064mod.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
Hello everyone, I have been lurking for a while now, and i wanted to stop in and say hello! I've been following greywolf, skyhigler, GI JOE etc. through many threads and forums regarding the extraction solvent brand MZ12X (Dimethyl Ether) and it has been quite a roller coaster for those following along as well. I have been using MZ12X ever since it was verified to actually be Dimethyl ether & CO2, and i greatly appreciate everyones efforts in the hash making community! (Where would we be without you guys?!) Previously, i had been blasting through master cases of butane for many years, but i have fully converted to Dimethyl ether over the last year! Its an excellent solvent for extracting cannabinoids and terpenes in a matter of seconds! Its extremely time sensitive, where i'm doing entire dimethyl ether washes in a matter of seconds compared to butane... (2 washes: 1st @30 min. no agitation & 2nd @1hr30min. with agitation). The strains we grow are all rated +20% and are grown on top of a mountainous area <6000 ft. (higher UVB levels = higher cannabinoid/terpene content) and treated with some of the finest organic and veganic nutrients money can buy. When extracting with Dimethyl Ether, i am able to pull that +20% oil content off every time and the thin film purged oil always comes out practically residual free, YET, When extracting with Butane, it can be very difficult to remove the remaining solvent from your hash oil (without a machine). Dimethyl ether doesn't really stick around like tane if you know what i mean [boiling points] Butane CEP = -1 Celsius / Dimethyl ether CEP = -23 Celsius. Perhaps this is why the oil comes out a lil darker as well? I have made very clean, bright, and stable shatter from both butane and MZ12X. But on the whole, the butane always seems to come out more yellow, that being said....didn't i read about many canned butane brands and their excessive mystery oil leaving a slightly yellowish tint in quite a few tests that have been done? I for one am glad that other solvents besides butane are working their way into the hash extraction scene. Im pretty sure i read that Dimethyl Ether is also FDA approved for extracting meat proteins and has been recognized for some time now as a food grade extraction solvent? According to Wikipedia "Unlike other alkyl ethers, dimethyl ether resists autoxidation. Dimethyl ether is also relatively non-toxic, although it is highly flammable." So... relatively NON TOXIC (unlike butane) but still HIGHLY FLAMMABLE (I don't doubt that, and neither should anyone else) Here is a video i made recently, open blasting, using a low temp bath tek, and my results have been amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9z6BUVBdBU Enjoy (Be Safe) and Happy Hash Making!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome treesniper, good common sense experimenting on your part.

Pleeeeeeeease, would someone run it in a Terp style closed loop system? Not a word back from Austin at Terpp whom I sent a case with a blank check for whatever amount he needs to do full testing if it passes initial test.

The guy that imports the MZ12X needs to know the demand before reordering, this is time sensitive, I've done all I can.

Pleeeeeeeease, would someone run it in a Terp style closed loop system? Not a word back from Austin at Terpp whom I sent a case with a blank check for whatever amount he needs to do full testing if it passes initial test.

The guy that imports the MZ12X needs to know the demand before reordering, this is time sensitive, I've done all I can.

Thanks Skyhighler! I originally spoke with peter (VP of Zair) who got me to call a very kind lady named Janey @ Ideal Extraction Solutions and i just (2 days ago) purchased another 3 master cases (144 cans) @ $5.00 a can and $75 shipped to my door next day (yesterday). I'm not sure who your trying to go through but i get it through Ideal every time without fail and at an excellent price!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ill run that shiyt. Gotta get some. Thanks for posting treesniper, welcome!

Thanks, post up with pics and I'll reimburse you for up to the cost of a master case.

Btw, they're actually producing and testing DME as a fuel here in California.

http://www.oberonfuels.com

If all goes well it's the future as it's easily made from 'biomass,' and we all know there's a never-ending supply of 'biomass.' :biggrin:

There are already dispensaries carrying Dimethyl Ether Hash oil in Boulder Colorado Skyhigler. It is being used in closed loop systems out here commercially. Everyone else is just catching up it seems. I blame Z Air for being so secretive and throwing the hash community into a hissy fit about it... it only muddied up the waters with conjecture and hype spreading disinformation.

MEMED

can you link to an outfit running it big time treesniper? Sky, we'll see, we all know how I am with pix and such huh?! I've been curious so I'll get on it. Thx for rehashing the thought guys.

Sky wheres the best place to buy it youve found? Same place as treesniper or?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can you link to an outfit running it big time treesniper? Sky, we'll see, we all know how I am with pix and such huh?! I've been curious so I'll get on it. Thx for rehashing the thought guys.

Sky wheres the best place to buy it youve found? Same place as treesniper or?

"WE ARE SOLD OUT AT THE MOMENT.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINOUS SUPPORT FOR MZ12X !! FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY PLEASE CALL OUR COLORADO DISTRIBUTOR “IDEAL EXTRACTION SOLUTIONS” UNTIL WE HAVE OUR NEXT SHIPMENT."

http://purezho.com/shop/

"lghllc 1 month ago

MZ12X will soon be reborn as "WOW710 Organic Fuel" in 600ml can instead of 500ml can to exactly double that of 300 ml butane cans. It will be better priced as well.

For territory partnership or for investment opportunities please write to me.

Thanks for your interest in MZ12X."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9z6BUVBdBU

I'm of the opinion most everyone is still waiting to see evidence of it working in a CLS before even giving it a second look.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Dimethyl Ether is unlikely to perform well in a Terpenator, which is why we haven't run the case we were also sent.

It is my intent to run it in a Lil Terp, using dry ice and bought all the parts but the hose, before getting buried. I'll put it back on the schedule.

In my experience with this solvent, I have been unable to find fats, lipids, pectins etc in any of the washes (removing the winterizing process entirely) Can anyone explain why Dimethyl Ether doesnt draw fats, lipids, pectin, chlorophyll etc. with respect to proper preparation methods? (IE: Extraction material dried to the correct moisture content [5%], frozen material, chilled gas, minimal agitation, quick soak/wash?) I have allowed the carrier solvent to sit in dry ice baths for 48 hour periods only to find a pristine clear mixture that has no coagulated crap to be filtered from it...unlike butane and other solvents that always seems to be the case, with winterizing being a crucial, unavoidable step, to create a pristine oil.