What's new

My Sanctuary

mwz

Veteran
Welcome, to my grow diary for my future garden of Eden in my sanctuary (my shed :D ).

now finished! :-D

YIELD = 2.5lb (1152 grams which excludes 60 grams popcorn bud)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.25lb/plant[/FONT]

** !! Week 9 of Flower Spoiler !! **
Page 10

picture.php

** !! Week 7 of Flower Spoiler !! **
Page 9

picture.php

** !! Week 5 of Flower Spoiler !! **
Page 9

picture.php

** !! Week 4 of Flower Spoiler !! **
Page 9

picture.php

mwz

Veteran
The Great Wall of my garage

The Great Wall of my garage

As I'm growing in my garage, my first step was to block off half of the garage, by building a false wall.

I built a removable wall, which does not damage the original structure. I spring loaded a wooden frames with foam glued to it, onto the walls, ceiling and floor.

I put plastic sheeting on the grow side of the wall and cloth material on the opposite site (which is visible when the garage door is open).

Now the room is completely light tight and i can get my car out without having anyone see my set up.

mwz

Veteran
These are pics of my grow area. I need to figure out how to get my system back together and working! It's been a long time in between drinks!

N

noyd666

checkin for leaks, dry pumps ,light leaks keep ya busy for hour or day. good luck.

mwz

Veteran
Well, it looks like the project is finally rolling :D

I will have 4 female clones in my hot little hands by this time next week. Today, I dropped my 2 pot system off at my local hydro store for maintenance. I'll pick it up on Monday.

Next, plan a rough nute and light schedule.

I'm planning on feeding the cutting water while they are in the 1" rock wool cubes. After graduating to 2" cubes, I'll feed them:
- 1/4 strength nutes (Canna VEGA A + B)
- Full strength Canna Rhizotonic

When the roots pop through the 2" rock wool, the cube will go in the system. First fortnight will be:
- 1/4 strength nutes (Canna VEGA A + B)
- Full strength Canna Rhizotonic
- drop of super thrive

The second fortnight will be:
- 1/2 strength nutes (Canna VEGA A + B)
- Full strength Canna Cannazyme
- Full strength Psychoveg
- drop of super thrive

If all runs to plan, I'll go from 24/0 to 12/12 light schedule and enter Flower. I think I'll wait until I get closer to flower before coming up with the nute schedule. The nute strength will vary based on plant size.

Initially, I will use a 400watt light as soon as the cuttings go into the system. I'll sit the light vertically as high as it will go. I also have a spare 600 watt light. The wattage will change based on plant stage and size. I can use 400W, 600W & 1000W.

mwz

Veteran
To do:-

1) ̶P̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶i̶f̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶y̶d̶r̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶,̶
2) I̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶a̶,
3)̶ M̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶a̶
4) Clean system (run with s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶l̶e̶a̶c̶h̶, then with just water)
5) W̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶s̶. 70L ... (I think I used to use about 50Lt)

mwz

Veteran
Thanks guys! The cloning was done yesterday. Two clones were taken from two plants (four clones total). The two plants had just shown sex. The seeds are from an 'outdoors mix', ordered from an online seedbank. While the exact strains are unknown, the plants are both sativas.

I don't have the clones with me, however I'm hoping to take some pics this afternoon. Will upload afterwards! :D

mwz

Veteran
Insert pondering couch :D :D :D

Every grow needs a pondering couch for some good hard thinking :)

mwz

Veteran
My future chamber for the mother plant for cloning. It's a neat little 70's/80's fake timber covered bar fridge.

mwz

Veteran
This post shows the pre-flowers on both females. They have only just come out. These pictures were a little tricky to take!

mwz

Veteran
Just pest sprayed the grow area xD

Add to my to do list:-
- S̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶r̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶c̶k̶
- s̶e̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶r̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶r̶d̶s̶
- r̶e̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶
- w̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶
- ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶

mwz

Veteran
Man, I've got so much done in the last few days! I picked up and cleaned my system. Also tested air/water pump, light and fan. I sealed all of the gaps in the grow room too.

The clones are three days old and alive and kicking :D

One thing I need to add to my to do list is proper ventilation. I installed my exhaust fan, then realized I have no inlet vents. I'm planning on putting a pipe through the false wall. Air will then be sucked to the bottom of the grow area, as the exhaust pumps air out of the room.

I will design a 'U' into the pipe to remove unwanted light. The inlet pipe will be just smaller than the diameter of the fan, to account for the rooms small air leaks and ducting inefficiencies.

Happy days! :D :D :D

mwz

Veteran
Fan is installed! woooo! :D That's another pain in the arse crossed off the list :D

There's more sound proof ducting on the other side of the wall, which connects to a man hole in the roof.