What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phatlewtz

Hopefully this thread won't be full of my normal jibberish, but I'm learning that we all speak stoner.....I started 6 of each RSK and ConK in 2 shot glasses...(hopefully they give me some luck) giving them a 48hr presoak with a splash of H202 for shits and giggles..For the record this will be my first grow with real genetics and will be following meds methods as best I can....I am a little green around the gills still..and before my jibberish gets out of control.....

Day 1:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey phats

Wicked man. Got shotgun on this ride

med-man

Phatlewtz

Thx med its appreciated! Even going to get a decent digimicroscope for some extreme close ups. I did notice I was already looking ahead to the next set to order.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I will watch the Rockstar ConKushion show. Good luck with your grow Phat and what's up with the Canadian shot glasses they look huge. Is That a standard 1 liter shot glass.lol

Phatlewtz

Day 2: We got tails! all 12 have began sprouting! Even presoaked my seed starting tray and medium to be prepared for tomorrows big day, for the record as a comparison I had a bunch of bag seed handy so I dropped 6 of those in water as well, haven't cracked yet and they've been in the same amount of time. I'm discovering that I'm begininng to be more into this hobby than I am my ever exciting 9-5...

Phatlewtz

Day 3 update: Day 3: placed seeds and their wicked long tap roots in my seed starting tray, lets hope they start poking thru faster than I expect or atleast a solid 12/12 living rate, I would be pleased with that...I can't promise that I will keep the best male from each group as thats probably beyond my abilities to keep around..but as is usually the case I'm probably making it harder than it needs to be. Which I'm sure we're all guilty of at times!

Phatlewtz

Day 4: Looks like 3 Rockstar and 4 ConKushion are just about to break surface on the soil...not worth a picture tbh we all know what the swell looks like right before they burst thru....I would hope I'm not the only nerd that watches prop trays instead of TV! on a side note took a plant from my current grow thats ready and am trying the shock ripening before I cut her down.....since I'm using soil i put the pot into a bucket with a drain hole and encased it all in ice (about 6 inches from where branches start) will refill the ice as needed over the next 36 hrs, hopefully it gives a similar result to meds hydro method..

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice phats

You want the roots as cold and wet as possible

Good plan there

med-man

Phatlewtz

Day 5: Some are starting to rise a bit above the surface, they haven't yet lost their shells lets keep our fingers crossed, they don't seem ready to have the shell off quite yet.. lets hope there are some moms to be :) I'm hoping a few will be picture worthy by tomorrow morning, we shall see.

Phatlewtz

Nice phats

You want the roots as cold and wet as possible

Good plan there

med-man

It seems to have improved the aroma already in 30hrs of being encased in ice......its a widowXbigbud cross that is hermie prone, this one hasn't shown any signs of that however, so I'm excited...trust me man after sampling some of your wares in michigan I'm extremely excited to see what I get :) Wife told me she was gonna head to her parents if I "renovated" the basement......I told her to leave the dog.. :)

Phatlewtz

Day 6: They were slow going this morning coming thru the soil so i put them in some nice direct sunlight and the Rockstar BURST out of the dirt, the ConKushion is a tad slower, but they are breaking the pods and I expect to be up by tomorrow evening.. I will post pics a bit later of the seedlings, my dog decided my USB cord would make an excellent chew toy to share with the cat..:ying: also still being a new grower the local shop took pity on me and gave me a few bags of stuff for free that I'm gonna give a try, Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil and a bag of Canna that I'm going to save for the next series of grows then compare notes....man I'm a nerd that loves to get off topic!

Phatlewtz

Day 7: Well, I am on a learning expedition here anyways, but the conkushion doesn't much care for my seed mix and its larger chunks, have 1 or 2 that might not rise to the occasion, but it is what it is, its all my own doing :) My next mix is spengum <sp> moss, vermiculite combo with a splash of humric acid, bottom of tray is perlite to assist in draining....(worked well on some test bagseed with no presoak) I know I've not put seedling photos up yet but best buy is being uncooperative with my USB Cord plight....

woolybear

Veteran
hi bro,

based on my experience I wouldn't the female rockstars won't pop pistils until you put them in flower... so don't be disappointed if they don't show you sex right away.

The males, on the other hand, showed sex pretty early. Wierd, eh?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wooly

thanks for sharing

med-man

Phatlewtz

Day 11:

4 RSK and 2 conk are growing pretty well, should get a nice stepup in cup size next week, or if I see roots thru the prop flat I will do it then, but it looks like roughly 5 days or so from now for that. Unfortunetly it looks like the remaining 2 rsk and 4 conk won't make it due to my terrible green thumb skills with the medium choice...but its a learning experience, as long as I don't make the same mistake again I atleast can say I learned something. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts