What's new

My Review of Poland's MJ Culture

Dr.Diamonds

My polish is bad so i am going to write this in english.

I am visiting Poland this year, and i must say, the cannabis scene is PATHETIC.

You have kids thinking they are hardcore dealing low grade MJ. Allow me to explain how a low level dealer operates. He knows someone who sells, a dealer. He suddenly thinks "man this is great, i have a hookup, now I AM the dealer!"
Great idea genius, how exactly do you form a margin on this kind of enterprise?
Easy. Some of these middlemen even ask for the money first, then go pick up...
They expect you to give them money up front, so know right away you're being middle manned. Then they run off to their dealer, buy your shit. Along the way, somehow half of it winds up in their pocket, and VOILA, out of thin air appears a profit margin, by fisting your (ONE TIME) customer.

So at this point they come back with 1.5 grams and tell you that its 4 there! Sorry kid, i have smoked more than you have handled in your LIFE, gtfo and stop wasting my time.
As if giving you half what you pay for isn't bad enough, somehow NO ONE here knows what a NUG is... who decided it is a good idea that you chop up all the leaf material, sticks, stems and seeds and give that to the customer too? now my 1.5 grams of shit has maybe 1 gram of smokable herb...

My favorite is when i hear stories of dealers after clearly ripping you off, asking for you to smoke them up. RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTT... what fucking planet do you come from? you just gave me shit in exchange for good money and you expect me to smoke you up with the scraps too? :muahaha: good one.

Then there is the quality... these people wouldn't know what a frosty herb looked like if it was growing in front of them. Don't get me wrong, my expectations aren't particularly high, especially with the types of clowns i see dealing this, but come on.
When I unwrap some tinfoil (GHETTO btw, who the fuck wraps it in tinfoil?) I almost pass out from the garbage im looking at. Seriously. Then they have the audacity to look at me excited, "bro this is good shit, some of the best, smell how good it is".
Right around this moment, I feel like I'm going to have a brain hemorrhage. If it smells as good as it looks, my disappointment is about to jump off the charts.
How does it look you ask? The best way to describe it is as if I collected all the trimmings and scrap pieces from the bottom of my stash box, and threw them into some tinfoil, paying special focus on getting in as many stems in as i can... what a holocaust, seriously. Anywhere else in the world if you were offered something like this, you would have the right to get offended or assume it is a joke.
I don't even want to go into the rumors I've heard that they dip the shit in chemicals to give it a boost... are you fucking kidding me? who does that? What kind of Zoo did these apes emerge from to come up with this brilliant scheme of dipping a perfectly good plant in some random chemicals, will be of some benefit?
This is an actual conversation i had with a dealer once:
Dealer: "Yea it gets dipped in some shit too, pesticides and shit"
Me: "WTF? Why? Whats the point?"
Dealer: "bro, if you smoked it pure, you wouldnt even feel anything, this makes it stronger"
Me: "oooooooooook... :bashhead: "

Then of course there is the perception of marijuana in this country too that is absolutely dumbfounding.
Most see it as bad as the rest of the illicit narcotics, meanwhile, public drinking is off the charts here. Nothing like walking down Monte Cassino in the afternoon and seeing someone puking their guts out against a wall... REAL CLASSY. Also the amount of trashed shit tough guys you come across is real hoot too. Nothing like some dumb adolescent drunk stumbling his way across the club and eying you up trying to start beef.
Yet alcohol, and enough of it to make you wake up the next day not remembering how you got home is part of a GOOD TIME. On the other hand, marijuana is worse than the anti-christ according to the majority of this roman catholic population... talk about fcuked up priorities.

Sure, I dont want to generalize, i am sure there is some good MJ around, but its probably few and far between, and i have looked around a lot, and no one can seem to come through consistently. WHERE is the good herb? My guess? High society must have some small niche of good herb floating around. But to meet a connection such as that is probably next to impossible. If anyone in the Trojmiasto wants to show me otherwise, PM me and we can chat a little. Otherwise, this is a weak MJ culture i must say.

Your Truly,
Dr.Diamonds

Last edited:
G

awwwwwwww what can i say? LOL , yu dont know whats goin on bro, first of all yu were jus ina bad place , and for sure u met wrong ppl heheh. They fucked yu up, sorry, hehe, yu should know that polish gov sucks as much as it can so what yu expected ? good quality weed for free?? Everyone whos kinda smart dont buy weed from dealer, jus grow by himself. At the end i should tell, yu made kinda wrong review.

check this out and stay possitive:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45896

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=10438

Last edited:

rberciol

Yes this is truth. In my city you will pay 40 PLN = ~12-13 Euro for 1 gram, and you have about 0,6-0,7. Half gram (20 PLN) is 0,1-0,3. SOmetimes u can get 0,4 g !! :)

G

Wow, this is some holy shit, crazy post, Dr.Diamonds!

Dude, do you stand in the middle of street hooking and asking every KID/CHILD about getting/selling you some weed? Are you crazy? Maybe you should go straight to some cop and ask him about where you can find any dealers...
If you don't have any good known friend who could get you some good quality MJ, then just fuck it. Buy weed there where you can get it and take it with you on vacation.

Btw.: Where are you from?
Btw.2.: You cannot use PM's because you don't have 50 posts.

Dr.Diamonds

alijah said:
awwwwwwww what can i say? LOL , yu dont know whats goin on bro, first of all yu were jus ina bad place , and for sure u met wrong ppl heheh. They fucked yu up, sorry, hehe, yu should know that polish gov sucks as much as it can so what yu expected ? good quality weed for free?? Everyone whos kinda smart dont buy weed from dealer, jus grow by himself. At the end i should tell, yu made kinda wrong review.
I know for sure it has to do with partly bad luck, and bad circumstances.
However, im reporting on a lot of things i have seen happen not to just me, but others. I know if i want good shit, i have to grow it. Believe me, thats something i am well acquainted with, but right now in Poland, i am not really in a position to be growing.

rberciol said:
Yes this is truth. In my city you will pay 40 PLN = ~12-13 Euro for 1 gram, and you have about 0,6-0,7. Half gram (20 PLN) is 0,1-0,3. SOmetimes u can get 0,4 g !! :)
Going rate here seems to be 30 zloty for a gram... however, what happened to giving me a better deal when i buy more? When i buy 6grams, cut me a deal here, not charge 30zly a gram x6 ...

Buffalo said:
Dude, do you stand in the middle of street hooking and asking every KID/CHILD about getting/selling you some weed? Are you crazy? Maybe you should go straight to some cop and ask him about where you can find any dealers...
If you don't have any good known friend who could get you some good quality MJ, then just fuck it. Buy weed there where you can get it and take it with you on vacation
You dont need to school me on playing it smooth, because believe me i am very methodical and well oriented on how to do things, and how not to do things.
I have yet to ask any stranger, on the street or wherever, for bud or how to acquire bud locally.
For the most part i have gone through friends and family, and i am a very social when it comes to seeking this stuff out. This is how i have sourced all my connections, im not some heat score asking punks with shaved heads on the street where to find it.
If i could not deal with kids, i would love to, but that is hard. You meet a dealer, and he is some 21 year old punk from the akademiky. And if i found him so easily, how good can he be? I need a GOOD long term connection. I do business clean and professional, thats something these clowns cant provide, because they usually disappear in a month!
Fuck cops, ill say that right now. but i am not worried about them at all. I am not some flashy punk kid, or some loud peace disturber. I dont bother police, police dont bother me. I still hate the pigs though.
Why would i bring marijuana with me on an international flight to Poland? Sounds like a real bright idea there pal. I am in Poland LONG TERM, not just on vacation, i have had lots of time to scope this scene out. Don't think this is a review based on SHORT TERM observation.

I am from the trojmiasto, i.e. Gdansk. I need to get my PM's working... maybe meet some people who can help show me that maybe MJ here isnt so bad.

When i look at this forum, Polish section has 17,000+ posts, 20+ people viewing, and more activity than ANY OTHER regional section!! So what gives? You would think the marijuana culture in poland would be thriving with so much activity in a section like this, instead you have people running around giving you shredded garbage in tin foil! You might say these are isolated and rare problems, but when i tell my friends "no herb is not supposed to come chopped up, it should come in big pieces, in nugs" they think im crazy. they say 'we never seen it like that before, we always get it like this, forever" as if this was communist style rationed shit from behind the iron curtain.

Sorry i wish i could believe that it isnt that bad here, but if it was even half way decent, i would have found something by now! dont worry though, im still looking, and ill let u guys know on any further thoughts i have on the matter.

Regards,
Dr.Diamonds

Last edited:

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
hehe, good read, and a lot of very precise information I must say. :D

BUT, we're trodding on the verge of breaking the TOU....so choose your words carefully...

:wave: kov

b8man

Veteran
It seems crazy to me that those countries who could do with a real economy and tourism boost don't just legalize cannabis. Holland is backing out, so now where does the conniseur go? Poland would be perfect.

I completely sympathise with your position Dr.D. I hate dealers and have never had a good one in my life, no matter what country i'm in. It always feels like you're dealing with some middleman piece of crap who pretend to know more about weed than you. I detest them.

I seriously would advise you to grow your own in a small stealth setup and ditch the dealers for good. There really is no other way. No matter what the risks, they can be overcome with stealth.

Good luck.

B8

tredowaty

troche dziwna sprawa kolo ma dwa posty napisane opisuje co i jak w polsce z maszkami jest i pyta sie cy ktos mu pokaze ze jest inaczej w 3miescie ja bym sie zastanowil nad tym ....o ile dobrze zrozumialem czesc jego wypowiedzi

Dr.Diamonds

tredowaty said:
troche dziwna sprawa kolo ma dwa posty napisane opisuje co i jak w polsce z maszkami jest i pyta sie cy ktos mu pokaze ze jest inaczej w 3miescie ja bym sie zastanowil nad tym ....o ile dobrze zrozumialem czesc jego wypowiedzi

I knew someone would say this. You guys are TOO paranoid. First off, i dont think local police is even smart enough to turn on a computer, let alone register on icmag to make a post as entertaining as mine. Does the police even have access to computers and the internet? i would guess not, when they are still driving some 90's heap of shit polonez's...
Furthermore, I understand most people would be hesitant about meeting anyone off the icmag forums. So dont think im counting on anyone actually contacting me to meet, at the same time, wouldn't mind chatting with some people with similar interests. its not like i'm asking for an address to the nearest growhouse.

grunwald said:
BTW, you are just few kilometers from the biggest plantation of cannabis found in Poland this year. Check it out: http://www.tvn24.pl/0,1512858,wiadomosc.html
:muahaha: Only in poland would there be such a hilarious newscast. What was the point of having the incoherent and senile old man on camera? Even better was when they suggested he might have something to do with it.
I can only imagine how many idiots went there to grab some marijuana leaves off the vegetating plant to smoke it.

One other thing I noticed is that short clip of some kid packing a bowl on his pipe... a CRACK pipe.
Only in Poland have I seen people smoke herb from those 3zly crack pipes! How ghetto can you get? And you wonder why people have such a negative perception of it, when you pull some shit out of tinfoil, and put it in a crack pipe to smoke, how does that look? no class.

b8man said:
It seems crazy to me that those countries who could do with a real economy and tourism boost don't just legalize cannabis. Holland is backing out, so now where does the conniseur go? Poland would be perfect.

Something like legalizing, or even 'decriminalizing' marijuana would NEVER happen in Poland! Not in this super uptight, roman catholic state, whose government is consistently sucking the American administrations cock for whatever brownie points it can score.
A great idea, but this country would never do it. Instead, you can enjoy the fact that alcohol is easier and cheaper to find than a cold bottle of water, and inherently supporting a general level of accepted alcoholism among the population. That however, is a whole different discussion, something I could write a book on.

Regards,
Dr.Diamonds

Last edited:

Mr.T

Dr.Diamonds said:
i dont think local police is even smart enough to turn on a computer,
good :muahaha:

to this lack of knowlege of polish dealers I think this is becouse 99% of growers lika us on icmag just grow small-scale setups for their own use

from this lack of of knowlege also takes
the myths like "chemical herb with domestos for more potency" , these myths are so strog that almost every stoner in poland would repeat this

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
hehe,
sorry to hear your troubles Dr.Diamonds
it sounds a lot like my last experience visit to poland.hehe
what i was lucky to find was the shit just as you describing.
they call it afghani.because its grown in afganistan and smuggled from russia to poland.
is thats the truth? i really dont know but thats what i was told by some so i believe it.
yeah the shit was all chop to shake with everything sticks and seeds,hehe
but i did get good deals. i pay maybe $10 for 5+ grams, so after cleaning the crap out i still got 3+ grams.

to find a really good weed, you will have to know the rite people. that goes for any country you visit, with exceptions of very few.

if you visit usa , you will have the same problem. the first thing you will find its the mexican brick weed. probably anybody that smokes weed in usa smokes mexican weed or some other brick crap. the other better shit you will find is the canadian bud. witch is all nugs , but really is rerlly good dank,as it is grown and handed very different then you local grower,hehe
but even many people still never seen a real bud.and they smoke weed all theirs life,hehe i come across this a lot,hehe unless they are growers or they know a grower they never seen good bud.its funny but very thrue
you cant make something out of nothing,hehe

so what it comes down to is, who you know....were ever you at.

dont give up,hehe its out there

let us know if you get lucky

peace

tomato

Veteran
Dr.Diamonds, your post is the answer why so many ppl in poland are growing weed, hehe. so, fuck the dealers, grow yourself !!!
peace !!!

Last edited:

adehadee

Panowie więszkość ludzi tu pewnie nie rozumie oco biega mimo iż są studentami...itd... Mamy jakies podstawy języka.... Ale o co tu OCB??dokładnie

G

at first
You insult me and i think many people from Poland.
You shuldn't generalize because You are wrong.
If You wont to smoke some good Q weed with good price...You will only pleas for help on forum, and a lot of people would help You because we are more hospitality than You think.
I smoke 7 years...and belive me it isn't dificult problem to buy weed wchich is "one shoter"
I'm fauborien of Warsaw and for me problem is when i won't to buy lighter weed, that it's one of point which cuse that I growing MJ
I Buy weed 33$ for 5 gr. true 5 gr
You are right that knowleadge obout MJ is pure. My friends when smoke one shoter weed, continually think taht it;s impossible to make it with out deeping :)

If i go to USA or any west country i know that when I try to get some weed and my english isn;t good...90 % should cadge me. It;s simple.

You are starting talking about catholic people...blablabla....
You thinking with stereotypes or You don't see that It;s only old eage people.
You have to live in communizm system You have to live with more than 300years history occupation to understand what church meen in Poland.
(BTW:USA have only 500years for comparison)

Why people smoke weed from wild pipes ? If You earn 300 $ in supermarket you will understand it. This wild pipe give you possibilite to be on High 15 times from 1 gr of good Q weed.

Peace

Ps Sorrry for my poor english

Last edited:

Dr.Diamonds

I would like to begin by stating, I can read and understand Polish. So if anyone would like to respond in Polish, I will understand you 100%.

Mr.T said:
to this lack of knowlege of polish dealers I think this is becouse 99% of growers lika us on icmag just grow small-scale setups for their own use
Reasons like this is why people all over the world grow for their own use. The best weed comes from these SMALL PRIVATE grows. Unfortunately, i am not in a position to be growing in Poland right now.

adehadee said:
Panowie więszkość ludzi tu pewnie nie rozumie oco biega mimo iż są studentami...itd... Mamy jakies podstawy języka.... Ale o co tu OCB??dokładnie
I know that the majority of people who read my post will NOT understand what it is about. I wanted to post my observations on Poland's marijuana culture. That is all.

HOT CARGO said:
they call it afghani.because its grown in afganistan and smuggled from russia to poland.
is thats the truth?
to find a really good weed, you will have to know the rite people. that goes for any country you visit, with exceptions of very few.
if you visit usa , you will have the same problem. the first thing you will find its the mexican brick weed. probably anybody that smokes weed in usa smokes mexican weed or some other brick crap. the other better shit you will find is the canadian bud. witch is all nugs , but really is rerlly good dank,as it is grown and handed very different then you local grower,hehe
but even many people still never seen a real bud.and they smoke weed all theirs life,hehe i come across this a lot,hehe unless they are growers or they know a grower they never seen good bud.its funny but very thrue
you cant make something out of nothing,hehe
so what it comes down to is, who you know....were ever you at.
One time I got very small nugs. The dealer told me that it, and weed generally, is all smuggled from Holland. I disagree. The nugs looked like they were prematurely harvested, leading me to believe some amatuer was growing them. Some outdoor afghani, or mainstream dutch weed would not have exhibited this characteristic. Leads me to believe, marijuana is indeed grown inside Poland for distribution and sale.
I would disagree with the idea it is the same in any country you visit. Sure Mexican dirt weed exists in the USA, but not everyone smokes it as you describe, only the poor and ghetto usually have access to it. If you have the money, you CAN find good weed. Sure without the right connection you might nto easily find AMAZING marijuana, but you will find medium grade shit no problem. Also, many consider California, to have the BEST marijuana grown in the world.
Canada overall has some of the best weed, good prices, and liberal society and government. I think even if you are a tourist, you can find GOOD bud in Canada in no time if you look.

The problem is how you describe it. Most people who smoke have never seen good bud. Most dealers have never seen good bud, and probably most growers (not educated growers like you guys from icmag, im talking amatuers) dont know what GOOD bud even looks like. Because of that, its a constant tradition of shit weed going around, because no one knows any better.

tomato said:
Dr.Diamonds, your post is the answer why so many ppl in poland are growing weed, hehe. so, fuck the dealers, grow yourself !!!
peace !!!
Fuck the dealers is right. Again, i would grow if i could, but i am not in the position to do that right now.

Regards,
Dr.Diamonds

Dr.Diamonds

zarzyc said:
at first
You insult me and i think many people from Poland.
You shuldn't generalize because You are wrong.
If You wont to smoke some good Q weed with good price...You will only pleas for help on forum, and a lot of people would help You because we are more hospitality than You think.
I smoke 7 years...and belive me it isn't dificult problem to buy weed wchich is "one shoter"
I'm fauborien of Warsaw and for me problem is when i won't to buy lighter weed, that it's one of point which cuse that I growing MJ
I Buy weed 33$ for 5 gr. true 5 gr
You are right that knowleadge obout MJ is pure. My friends when smoke one shoter weed, continually think taht it;s impossible to make it with out deeping :)
If i go to USA or any west country i know that when I try to get some weed and my english isn;t good...90 % should cadge me. It;s simple.
You are starting talking about catholic people...blablabla....
You thinking with stereotypes or You don't see that It;s only old eage people.
You have to live in communizm system You have to live with more than 300years history occupation to understand what church meen in Poland.
(BTW:USA have only 500years for comparison)
Why people smoke weed from wild pipes ? If You earn 300 $ in supermarket you will understand it. This wild pipe give you possibilite to be on High 15 times from 1 gr of good Q weed.
Peace
Ps Sorrry for my poor english

Hmm... ok where to begin, where to begin.

-No problem with poor english, I understand you 100%. If you prefer to respond in Polish, I can and will understand you.
-My intention was not to insult you or anyone here. We are all marijuana smokers, so we are all friends. I am giving a review of the marijuana culture here.

I have been trying to find good quality weed here for quite some time. When i meet other smokers, I always think "i hope this is a guy from Icmag's Polish section, because he might actually know what GOOD weed is!" but i never seem to come across these people.

Also, can you, or anyone tell me, is it true? Is the mainstream marijuana here really dipped in chemicals? Or is this just a rumor?

Low income isnt an excuse for smoking out of some ghetto 3zly crack pipe. I have friends who have good jobs, good money, nice car. They smoke from crack pipes too! If you can afford 30zly a gram, you can afford to at least buy a nice 15zly pipe, that doesnt look like its made for smoking meth or crack cocaine. How does that look? Outside of Poland, if i saw someone taking some material out of aluminum foil, and smoking it out of CRACK pipe, i would think the were smoking some dangerous narcotic.
Meanwhile, I have rolled blunts in Poland, and smoked them outdoors/in public. That is how you enjoy the herb. Not smoking out of some ghetto piece of glass while hiding in your room.

I think you made the mistake of assuming i am some arrogant foreigner from the USA. Let me explain. I am polish. I look polish, i have a polish citizenship, polish family, polish name, and i speak polish fluently.
I am very familiar with Polish history, and admire how this country is right now despite years of occupation, war and communism.
I mention the Catholic church because it is a major part of this country. At the same time, it is a root of a lot of hypocrisy. God made marijuana, Man made beer. Who do you trust?
I understand a lot of these stereotypes and opinions of marijuana comes from OLD PEOPLE, but guess what, OLD CONSERVATIVES run this country. These same old conservatives love to do favors for George W. Bush, and send good polish soldiers to Iraq for a senseless war. Who do you think manipulates global drug laws? America. Poland's close ties with the White House is part of the reason we have such strong anti-drug laws here, and the marijuana perception is so poor.

Regards,
Dr.Diamonds